wikia ingen list

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

dinoboys474
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

wikia ingen list

Post by dinoboys474 »

on the Jurassic park wikia in (Isla sorna trespasser canon)
LINK :arrow: https://jurassicpark.fandom.com/wiki/Is ... ser_canon)
there's a list of dinosaurs bred by ingen
but there are some dinos that are mention or NOT seen in game

THE LIST
Spoiler: show
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Velociraptor
Albertosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Apatosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Tyrannosaurus rex
Allosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Utahraptor
Ceratosaurus
Procompsognathus
Gallimimus
Pteranodon
Why?
P.S. I'm new to Trescomforum.org
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: wikia ingen list

Post by Draconisaurus »

Interesting find. Well, Apatosaurus is semi-in-the-game due to the "Bronto" skull model. Allosaurus also from a skull model, as well as a weird gray object called "AllyEncounterPivot" (in either case it seems they originally intended Allosaurus over Albertosaurus, then changed their minds). I'm unfamiliar with any Trespasser mention of Dilophosaurus, Utahraptor, or Ceratosaurus. Procompsognathus, I'm not sure it may have been mentioned somewhere. Gallimimus I remember was mentioned. Pteranodon, again not sure.
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Velociraptor Alfa »

Well, Trespasser's Albertosaurus is based on Steve Kirk's illustration of Allosaurus (the same color pattern, three fingers, etc.). Also I remember that they mentioned in one article something about Pachycephalosaurus and Compsognathus, but Compies were cut out, because there were some problems with their size.
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
dinoboys474
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by dinoboys474 »

Velociraptor Alfa wrote:Well, Trespasser's Albertosaurus is based on Steve Kirk's illustration of Allosaurus (the same color pattern, three fingers, etc.). Also I remember that they mentioned in one article something about Pachycephalosaurus and Compsognathus, but Compies were cut out, because there were some problems with their size.
Draconisaurus wrote:Interesting find. Well, Apatosaurus is semi-in-the-game due to the "Bronto" skull model. Allosaurus also from a skull model, as well as a weird gray object called "AllyEncounterPivot" (in either case it seems they originally intended Allosaurus over Albertosaurus, then changed their minds). I'm unfamiliar with any Trespasser mention of Dilophosaurus, Utahraptor, or Ceratosaurus. Procompsognathus, I'm not sure it may have been mentioned somewhere. Gallimimus I remember was mentioned. Pteranodon, again not sure.
Utahraptor (maybe the alpha raptor is the utahraptor)
Procompsognathus (Cathy’s beach, as seen at the beginning in the Lost World movie were Cathy is attack by the compy's )
Gallimimus (unused Hammond voice line)
Gallimimus, "chicken-mimic." Fastest runner on the island, an eater of insects, eggs, and small mammals.
Apatosaurus (unused Hammond voice line)
Waking to the smell of the jungle, the distant call of an apatosaur
Pteranodon
Attachments
ij41.jpg
ij41.jpg (34.28 KiB) Viewed 11287 times
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

dinoboys474 wrote:on the Jurassic park wikia in (Isla sorna trespasser canon)
LINK :arrow: https://jurassicpark.fandom.com/wiki/Is ... ser_canon)
there's a list of dinosaurs bred by ingen
but there are some dinos that are mention or NOT seen in game
(PS: Fixed the link, the ) at the end messed it up if not using the URL tag)

First I just wanna say that Wikia is not totally accurate. It is incomplete, lacks (in a lot of cases) sources and is just overall incorrect with the Trespasser facts. It is nice bringing it up.

I am not sure all those dinosaurs are actually canon to Trespasser. Some are, but some we have no clue with, and are probably just taken as canon as they appear on the island in the movies.
Interesting find. Well, Apatosaurus is semi-in-the-game due to the "Bronto" skull model. Allosaurus also from a skull model, as well as a weird gray object called "AllyEncounterPivot" (in either case it seems they originally intended Allosaurus over Albertosaurus, then changed their minds). I'm unfamiliar with any Trespasser mention of Dilophosaurus, Utahraptor, or Ceratosaurus. Procompsognathus, I'm not sure it may have been mentioned somewhere. Gallimimus I remember was mentioned. Pteranodon, again not sure.
Actally, I am pretty sure the "AllyEncounterPivot" have nothing to do with a cut dinosaur, the Ally is probably short for Allied and some dinosaurs in the same "team" probably shared that as a stay near object or similar.
As you said Draco, some appear to be taken from the JP movie universe.

However, machf did find in the early builds proof they had bone rigs for "Allosaurus" and "Compy", along with a baby Brachi and T-Rex, so they totally tested them at some point: viewtopic.php?f=120&t=11165
Utahraptor (maybe the alpha raptor is the utahraptor)
All we know about is that it is named "RaptorCBoss" :)
Waking to the smell of the jungle, the distant call of an apatosaur
Forgotten about that one.
Pteranodon
Acutally, there is an early 1997 article showing an image of this dinosaur:

However, is it really early and it is possible it is taken from the Lost World Playstation game. In any case, it could be seen as Trespasser canon?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Looks more like a Rhamphorhyncus to me...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
dinoboys474
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by dinoboys474 »

tatu wrote:first I just wanna say that Wikia is not totally accurate. It is incomplete, lacks (in a lot of cases) sources and is just overall incorrect with the Trespasser facts. It is nice bringing it up.

I am not sure all those dinosaurs are actually canon to Trespasser. Some are, but some we have no clue with, and are probably just taken as canon as they appear on the island in the movies.
okay so maybe the list is wrong but last question, do some of these non canon dinos from the list have fan made 3d models
because it will be cool to have new dinosaurs in the game :mrgreen:
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu is correct when he says that the JP wiki is inaccurate. I try to avoid it entirely as it gives a lot of false information, since it isn't administered as in-depth or cohesively as something like Wookieepedia. Too much fan-theory and speculation mixed in with the facts.

To address that list - it's flat-out wrong in some aspects.
Apatosaurus - skull and bones are in-game, but no live animal. Not sure whether we have a model of an apato yet? There is a reference to it in Hammond's script, however, so it's possible there were once apatosaurs on Isla Sorna.
Allosaurus - skull is an object in-game, no live animal. Allosaur rig was found in early builds though, which probably ended up becoming albertosaurus later on.
Dilophosaurus - never even planned to be in-game, no idea where they're getting that information? Maybe they're trying to infer that it should be there since there is that shot of Nedry's jeep in the opening cutscene..?
Utahraptor - same as above, maybe confused it with RaptorCBoss? The JP wiki has also referred to as the movie's velociraptors as utahraptors, trying to explain why their size is so off (something JP Legacy also tried to do at least once).
Ceratosaurus - same as dilo, never planned.
Procompsognathus - not procompsognathus as in the novel, but compsognathus as in the movie was considered. I know the JP wiki has in the past called the movie's compies procompsognathids, but this was again fan speculation since the Robert Bakker character in TLW incorrectly calls them compsognathus triassicus, wheras triassicus is a species of procompy.
Gallimimus - was at one point intended to be included, as evidenced by the Hammond script.
Pteranodon - never planned.
okay so maybe the list is wrong but last question, do some of these non canon dinos from the list have fan made 3d models
because it will be cool to have new dinosaurs in the game :mrgreen:
Yes - we have models of all of these animals except for apatosaurus, utahraptor and procompsognathus (well, actually compsognathus) you can find in several fan-made levels. Dilo, para, cerato, galli and compy can all be found in TC~Isle, so I'm wondering if perhaps a fan of TC~Isle decided to add them to the "canon" list over on the JP wiki...
dinoboys474
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by dinoboys474 »

in the 20th anniversary level, I saw a Pteranodon flying around a helipad on top of a mountain
there is also one in TC isles
how is this possible?
(you didn't mention Pteranodon after my quote)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

So I just realized that whoever wrote that may well have thought TC~Isle was Trespasser-canon. It contains a Ceratosaurus, as well as compies and a gallimimus, and pteranodon. Despite the alternate possibilities on some of those I think this here is our source of falsehood.
dinoboys474
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by dinoboys474 »

Draconisaurus wrote:So I just realized that whoever wrote that may well have thought TC~Isle was Trespasser-canon. It contains a Ceratosaurus, as well as compies and a gallimimus, and pteranodon. Despite the alternate possibilities on some of those I think this here is our source of falsehood.
how did you make the Pteranodons?
tatu

Post by tatu »

dinoboys474 wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:So I just realized that whoever wrote that may well have thought TC~Isle was Trespasser-canon. It contains a Ceratosaurus, as well as compies and a gallimimus, and pteranodon. Despite the alternate possibilities on some of those I think this here is our source of falsehood.
how did you make the Pteranodons?
It is based on triggers moving it. It's not actually a live dinosaur. TC~Isle also contain animated bees and birds :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Better add bees and birds to InGen's List :yum:
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

dinoboys474 wrote:in the 20th anniversary level, I saw a Pteranodon flying around a helipad on top of a mountain
there is also one in TC isles
how is this possible?
(you didn't mention Pteranodon after my quote)
As tatu explained, the pteranodon isn't actually a regular dinosaur (a CAnimal, in technical terms) - it's just an object that looks like a pteranodon, pushed in a circle by a trigger, kind of like the blade of a fan. We have to come up with all sorts of crazy ideas like that when making Trespasser levels since there are some restrictions as to what can be done normally in the engine.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

There. I fixed it.

I've always considered the RaptorCBoss to be a Utahraptor, that thing is way too big to be a velociraptor, however even I will admit that it isn't clear enough to call it that. It is possible it was a defective clone and grew way past its intended size.