Anne, The Trespasser aka Elizabeth: Lost-- Short Film Issues

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Anne, The Trespasser aka Elizabeth: Lost-- Short Film Is

Post by scallenger »

Amusingly, there is numerous talk about Patreon, and yet... no link for one. Apparently even THAT is coming soon. So, why announce any of it?
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

So... from the horse's mouth...
After a very long attempt at making Elizabeth Lost into a cohesive story we at Kasol Films have decided to scrap the project and focus our recourses on the three other shows currently in production. This was not an easy decision and a lot of effort went into salvaging the footage used in the making of Elizabeth Lost but, in the end, we ended up with a Frankenstein of a movie. The cancelation of this film allows us to transfer valuable time, costumes and even a set to the already deep in production Tables of Jupiter. I would like to thank Samantha Calandrino who gave her all during our island shoot and our cast and crew on the B-Story unit who when push came to shove helped to craft a secondary narrative to help give the film a story. From here on out WTAP, Tables of Jupiter and Project 3 will be the focus of this studio. The footage for Elizabeth Lost is being kept in hopes of perhaps one day reopening a closed book…
It came with a reiteration of our favorite poster:
59720901_424197301693674_4771988796507947008_n.png
59720901_424197301693674_4771988796507947008_n.png (332.43 KiB) Viewed 21130 times
So, that's it, everyone. After ALL of that. Just ended up being a waste of everyone's time. Now it is likely we will never even see a single scene of what could have been. There undoubtedly would have been some cool moments, largely due to the filming location; but that's all moot now.

I feel the worst for the woman who played Anne: she really did do a good job for what she was given and the time she had. The fact she had to get in that cold-as-hell water for nothing now is probably going to sour that memory for her even more. I'll allow you guys to comment from here, for I think I have said enough. However, by the end of that post, he for some reason thinks the footage could be used again. I won't be keeping an eye on what Kasol Films is doing anymore, but if anyone else ever catches wind of it... please do post about it here.

Just to give you all something at least, here is a link to some photos I took at the island shoot. And below is a video I took of a beach I thought would have been fitting for Anne:

https://www.facebook.com/derrick.davis. ... 660&type=3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7zlJ-eRTXU
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Crap.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Might be for the good. Maybe the realized how much issues they might have if they did release something so unaltered?

Lesson to learn: Always write a contract ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

What's funny is I could see ways they could have used plenty of bits that was shot and then just reshoot with the actress. But they clearly didn't want to approach her again for it. And honestly, at this point, I don't think she would do it.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

well I'm truly sorry scallenger for this frustrating experience and a much as I would like to see some of the footage I have to agree that's its probably for the best that it got cancelled. The last thing this game needs is a Far Cry movie :no: .
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Unfortunately this seems to have paralleled *too much* that other short I told you about from some years ago... my suggestion: try to always get a copy of the footage.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Well, to be fair, I did not actually shoot any of it apart from that bit with my phone I posted in this topic that wouldn't have even been used since he chose a different spot on the island for the beach. All the footage shot was his. I never even got to see it.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote:Might be for the good.
Was thinking that. I haven't kept up with all the details on this but it sounds to me like it's good that this other dude didn't successfully complete the project without your good will since you were a contributor, Scall.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

So, I have been told today that the other production he was working on, Tables of Jupiter, was canceled as well. And his social media page is taken down. Guess he closed up shop.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hey, scal, I was thinking about something but keep forgetting to tell you about it... send me a PM.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Oh, he did something Trespasser related and now he closes shop? ;)
I guess it is possible he screwed other people over so he couldn't finish the rest.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I wonder if it's the PL Curse