TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: wikia ingen list
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:58 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

"We never knew why it grew so large." ~ Hammond (Tres voiceover)

Thanks for the fix, Nick!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:28 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote:
"We never knew why it grew so large."

As mentioned in the Hammond's script, this quote was actually intended for the T-rex in Ascent.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:23 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Oh seriously? Damn... *poof* Guess it's now in myth-land.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:38 am 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Velociraptor Alfa wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:

As mentioned in the Hammond's script, this quote was actually intended for the T-rex in Ascent.

It never specifies it is for Ascent. Personally I find that it fits more with Plains, as that T-Rex also got its own recorded Anne lines (starting at VA135).

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:36 pm 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

tatu wrote:
It never specifies it is for Ascent. Personally I find that it fits more with Plains, as that T-Rex also got its own recorded Anne lines (starting at VA135).

Yeah, that could be right. But I always assiociated it with that unique specimen from the Mayan ruins. Could it be that they originally planned to have this red and black "Alpha T-rex" in Plains level and then they move it into Ascent?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:00 pm 

Velociraptor Alfa wrote:
tatu wrote:

Yeah, that could be right. But I always assiociated it with that unique specimen from the Mayan ruins. Could it be that they originally planned to have this red and black "Alpha T-rex" in Plains level and then they move it into Ascent?

Maybe? It fits with the Ascent T-Rex as it looks the most scary one with its colours :D However! Thinking about it it makes sense for that T-Rex based on how Hammond say it moved north. Neither Anne or the walkthrough mention a T-Rex at the Mayan ruins in Ascent so that is why I am thinking it is for the T-Rex in Plains as her voiceovers is for that one :)

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:32 pm 
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Velociraptor Alfa wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:

I assumed it was a reference to the alpha/boss raptor.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:42 pm 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

tatu wrote:
Neither Anne or the walkthrough mention a T-Rex at the Mayan ruins in Ascent so that is why I am thinking it is for the T-Rex in Plains as her voiceovers is for that one :)

The Walkthrough document actually mentions one:

Quote:
Why would Anne want to mess around on the pyramid at all, given how dangerous it is? Well, as soon as she proceeds a few meters down the central avenue of the city, she will hear the roar of a T-Rex. It will come stalking slowly into the city (it has fallen in some traps itself, and is taking care). It comes down an avenue free of traps, anyway - only the central avenue which Anne has to walk down to get into the town has pit traps on it. This Rex will basically herd Anne towards the temple, as best as it can give our AI. Most of the other buildings in town are roofless anyway, and aren't of any use to hide from the beast.

This sequence should involve Anne scrambling around the outside and inside of the pyramid, inadvertantly triggering traps, until finally she winds up on the head-triggering step halfway up the back of the pyramid. The Rex should be scripted to move quickly into position and repeatedly snap (but miss) at Anne when she steps on the the trigger, and all she has to do is jump out of the way as the head begins to roll down, and the Rex, distracted by her movement, won't get out of the way in time to avoid a fatal crushing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:05 pm 

Oh I missed that. Didn't read that closely. Nice :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:30 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Tatu, your credibility has failed you :sick: :yum:
Btw why am I labeled as a spammer >_>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:14 am 

Draconisaurus wrote:
Tatu, your credibility has failed you :sick: :yum:
Btw why am I labeled as a spammer >_>

Well sometimes I can't bother with the walkthrough cause in some cases it is not true to what the devs ever did (Town for example). Some parts are incomplete and some parts are just arcady :P

Maybe it has to do with your post count ;)