Can anyone help clarify the Trespasser timeline for me?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

KlaytonFioriti
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Can anyone help clarify the Trespasser timeline for me?

Post by KlaytonFioriti »

Hey guys, I'm just curious about the differences between this game and the first two movies. I know that it's well known that the game states that the events of the first film take place in 1989 instead of 1993 like it really did, but where exactly do they say this? Is it in the newspaper portion of the intro cinematic? Also is there anything else that they say happened in the timeline that directly contradicts Jurassic Park or The Lost World? Appreciate any help! :D Loving the game so far! Really think that it may become one of my favorite Jurassic Park games BY FAR!
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Re: Can anyone help clarify the Trespasser timeline for me?

Post by Mof1234567890 »

KlaytonFioriti wrote:Hey guys, I'm just curious about the differences between this game and the first two movies. I know that it's well known that the game states that the events of the first film take place in 1989 instead of 1993 like it really did, but where exactly do they say this? Is it in the newspaper portion of the intro cinematic? Also is there anything else that they say happened in the timeline that directly contradicts Jurassic Park or The Lost World? Appreciate any help! :D Loving the game so far! Really think that it may become one of my favorite Jurassic Park games BY FAR!
Hello again, Klayton :)
The thing about events of Jurassic Park taking place in 1989 actually mentioned only once, in Hammond’s memoir. However it’s mentioned only as “The debacle of 1989” and nothing besides it. At least in the retail version ;)
The deleted Board Room scene is referenced also in memoir, Ludlow is mentioned. The InGen hunters arrival at Site B also mentioned (May 1997). In unused Hammond quotes it is revealed that Cathy Bowman’s parents satteled out of the court shortly before events of the movie. Cathy’s beach actually PRESENT in the second level. Just look for it carefully ;)
Also in the first level you missed actual Easter egg taken directly from the book timeline (mentioning of Norman Atherton). Overall Trespasser takes place in the alternate timline where cinematic universe and movie universe are merged into one universe. You will find many references for both books and movies (The Lost World movie escepicllay). Originally InGen hunters camp from the movie was present in the game, but was ultimately cut. Hunters jeeps and bikes still can be found in the levels- for example, in level one, there is InGen hunters Unimog, directly from The Lost World movie. One of the unused cars in the game was the same car Dieter and Carter used in the movie, it was adanodned in camp. Just keep your eyes open and you will find many information about timline and Easter eggs only for book fans.
P.S And hello from Russia ;)
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Post by Velociraptor Alfa »

Here is my ultimate Trespasser timeline from all sources I could find. The words attached to years refers to their voiceovers (see Hilwo's voiceover list), safe for a few exceptions. Hope this can help somehow. :)
Spoiler: show
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Here's some other stuff that might interest you:

Austin Grossman (Trespasser's writer) interview by Scallenger
http://jurassictime.trescom.org/grossmaninterview.html

List of all used and unused voiceovers for the game
http://www.trescom.org/articles/trespas ... -list-3-0/
Check out Hammond's lines. 116 is the retail version, 96 is an earlier beta version.

Trivia & secrets for all levels
http://www.trescom.org/tips-tricks/tres-trivia/

Date Trespasser events
When booting up the Cray computer, the screens reveal the date Trespasser takes place on to be Friday, May 1st, 1998.