Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Trespasser "Mega Build"?

Post by Velociraptor Alfa »

Just an idea which occured to me after visiting a webiste dedicated to pre-release builds of Half-Life 2 (https://hl2-beta.ru/index.php) - would be possible to create one day in the future a compilation of all existing levels (patched/fixed/converted) from all the builds we have, which would run on the same engine, so it wouldn't be necessary to instal each build separately? What do you think about it?
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Trespasser "Mega Build"?

Post by tatu »

That is actually already kinda in the works already by me and TheIdiot: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11122
Or for our project we are taking all information from each level and build and combining them into one. Our plan is to make two levels with BE to IT being one level (including PH) and then PV to SUM. Fully playable and fixed, and possibly other added functions as well.

As for only converting levels to be playable in lets say CE it is quite simple. The only difficulty would be to make them behave the same as they do in their original build, specially with the dinosaurs but it is very much possible. Actually it is something I want to do at some point, doing a proper "patched/fixed" version of each level and build version and make it playable on the retail engine. But that is a project for the future for me :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Velociraptor Alfa »

Oh, I see. :) Thanks for respone. In my vision the aim would be trying to preseverve the levels (if possible) in their most original state with no additional editing or merging them together. Think of it as a historical overwiev of all Trespasser's development ever acquired in it's purest form.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to how yours and TI's project will turn out. :wink:
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Honestly I think they are best in the states they're already found in. The older engines work differently and must be played in order to see the proto-versions of AI behavior, not to mention fun additional physics glitches.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Velociraptor Alfa wrote:Oh, I see. :) Thanks for respone. In my vision the aim would be trying to preseverve the levels (if possible) in their most original state with no additional editing or merging them together. Think of it as a historical overwiev of all Trespasser's development ever acquired in it's purest form.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to how yours and TI's project will turn out. :wink:
Oh I see. Yes I agree. Or rather find a way to make all the builds portable. I know Build 96 to 116 (117) can be portable with the use of the tpass.ini file. However the earlier ones can't.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."