Pink video settings error

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Ryo Saeba
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Pink video settings error

Post by Ryo Saeba »

So basically, every time i click on video settings menu, the game window just minimize and duplicates and become all pink.
I have no idea why it does this, but it only does it for me with the original game, with ATX patch, or with Twilight (which run very terribly by the way).
The only working version is the collection chamber one, but it means I can't play the mods.

I'd like some advice on how to solve this, thanks.
Attachments
what it looks like.
what it looks like.
pinktres.png (257.88 KiB) Viewed 3704 times
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Pink video settings error

Post by tatu »

Welcome to TresCom!

What about the CE patch? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10674 Does this work?

I remember having that issue years ago. I think it had to do when you change graphic settings in the game and is related to some Intel graphic cards. At least that is what I recall it was for me.

EDIT: I checked the Collection Chamber version, which is just the game running with the CE patch. Trespasser never used any DRM and any version (even the demo) can play any level, fan made or retail.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Ryo Saeba
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Ryo Saeba »

I managed something, so I just switched the collection chamber menu files by the one from the twilight and it works perfectly now.
Thanks anyway.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome to Jurrassicc World. 8)

I've had that menu issue on the latest versions of Windows for years now. It can be worked around in various ways, glad you found your own solution. My guess is that it's an internal variable somewhere that newer computers flag as a call for 3D double viewport for some reason...