Fog bug in ATX

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Fog bug in ATX

Post by Mof1234567890 »

So I ran into the bug with a fog staying only one color (in software mod) while playing ATX mod using Windows 10. I tried everything in ATX.config but it just doesn’t work.
I load level from the quick load menu and it’s actually normal, but when I save and load this game - fog changes to white and light effects just disappear (for example the sky in The Lab is not like orange tone for me, it’s just blue). It happened only today, before thar everything was fine.
I really need your help :c
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Fog bug in ATX

Post by TheIdiot »

Mof1234567890 wrote:So I ran into the bug with a fog staying only one color (in software mod) while playing ATX mod using Windows 10. I tried everything in ATX.config but it just doesn’t work.
I load level from the quick load menu and it’s actually normal, but when I save and load this game - fog changes to white and light effects just disappear (for example the sky in The Lab is not like orange tone for me, it’s just blue). It happened only today, before thar everything was fine.
That's a bug in the Trespasser engine. The first level you load will have an incorrect fog colour, but then the NEXT level will take on the fog colour of the previous level you loaded, and so on. You can make the fog change to the correct colour on the level by ALT-TABing out of the game and them going back in. This bug is fixed in Trespasser CE. It could be fixed in ATX by using the correct .ini settings for level fog, but if I remember correctly changing the fog colour in the .ini would set it for all levels.

Just curious, why are you still using ATX instead of CE? At this point, ATX is basically deprecated if you're just playing the vanilla game. The only reason you might want to still consider using it would be to play some of the mods which were made using it and therefore haven't been patched to work with CE yet.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

..Or you might want actual jumping dromaeosaurids ;)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:..Or you might want actual jumping dromaeosaurids ;)
That too, at least until we figure out how to make the Raptors jump effectively in CE.
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Draconisaurus wrote:..Or you might want actual jumping dromaeosaurids ;)
Actually yes :) and randomizer
Also I kinda played with AI and night mode. Plus I already beaten the game with CE mod.
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

TheIdiot wrote:
Mof1234567890 wrote:So I ran into the bug with a fog staying only one color (in software mod) while playing ATX mod using Windows 10. I tried everything in ATX.config but it just doesn’t work.
That's a bug in the Trespasser engine. The first level you load will have an incorrect fog colour, but then the NEXT level will take on the fog colour of the previous level you loaded, and so on. You can make the fog change to the correct colour on the level by ALT-TABing out of the game and them going back in. This bug is fixed in Trespasser CE. It could be fixed in ATX by using the correct .ini settings for level fog, but if I remember correctly changing the fog colour in the .ini would set it for all levels.

Just curious, why are you still using ATX instead of CE? At this point, ATX is basically deprecated if you're just playing the vanilla game. The only reason you might want to still consider using it would be to play some of the mods which were made using it and therefore haven't been patched to work with CE yet.
Why ATX mod now without updates? What happened to the Big Red? Because ATX have some interesting scripts like randomizer or raptors allowed in buildings, difficulty level etc. None of it available in CE, sadly. I wanted a new experience.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Big Red is too busy to work on ATX, and CE is much superior.

Raptors allowed in buildings can be done with some basic level modification. Same as difficult level.
As for randomiser. It depends on external files and that itself required someone to make them. It is a nice function but sadly there wasn't much fan made ones released for it.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

tatu wrote:Big Red is too busy to work on ATX, and CE is much superior.

Raptors allowed in buildings can be done with some basic level modification. Same as difficult level.
As for randomiser. It depends on external files and that itself required someone to make them. It is a nice function but sadly there wasn't much fan made ones released for it.
Huh wish I knew how to make such modification. But again I just don’t know how to do it, so this is why I using ATX mod :?
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

TheIdiot wrote:

And your advice doesn’t help - it is still the same problem, even when I ALT+TABing out of the game. And it only happens when I loading my save on EVERY level. When restarting - it’s okay.
Well, I guess it’s my bad luck
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

ATX is still cool. I keep it around for mods designed for it which haven't been converted over to CE. That and I like true software mode sometimes..
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I won't dispute how CE has improved tres in many ways, but what Big Red was able to do without
the s ource code was nothing short of amazing. I'd go so far as saying atx helped keep the game
alive at the time -
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Definitely
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Indeed.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Quite.