InGen Hunters - Part 2: Something has survived

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

InGen Hunters - Part 2: Something has survived

Post by Mof1234567890 »

So this is my Part 2 topic about fate of the InGen hunters in Trespasser Canon (or movie canon). I continued my investigation after the last topic and found more clues about their ultimate fate.
Checking some information about The Lost World deleted scene, in which Ajay is killed by raptors on-screen, I found out, that some hunters indeed escaped the long grass in unknown directions. So this actually led me to conclusion, that part of the skeletons in Pine Valley raptors den actually hunters that was killed in the long grass. What happened with escaped hunters? Answer is quite simple - in Tres Walktrough 1997 mentioned about group of hunters that camped in the Pine Valley near myan pavilion (if I am not mistaken) and created a campfire. Little did they know about raptors nest nearby… Eventually raptors killed them and dragged remains to the nest, that’s what walkthrough kinda mentiones.
And we know about another stranded hunters-group near the lake in the Industrial Jungle early version, who were eaten by unknown predators. Although this group was separated during T.rex attack and not during the long grass incident. We can also remember LaSalle’s group, they met their demise near the summit, when Tribe C killed them. Also not to mention Hammond’s Missing Hunters List, in which he mentions LaSalle, Sullivan, Van Horn and the others. I used this clues in my investigation and can speculate that all these guys (except Lystrata and maybe Sullivan) were in LaSalle’s party, this is the reason why they are still MIA. Bodies were never found (and again except Lystrata, who is mentioned as deceased). We can also speculate that NO SINGLE InGen hunter reached the city, although we don’t know where the randevu point was.
We can all ask a question - this means that all InGen hunters were killed on Isla Sorna? After my investigation I think… no. Maybe it was like 3 or 5 hunters, who actually escaped, but I don’t know for sure. I can only tell that nobody cared about missing hunters, even Roland.
For me, this is a sad part of Trespasser and The Lost World plot, because so many people died on Isla Sorna and InGen apparently covered it up.
What do you guys think? Maybe I missed something?
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: InGen Hunters - Part 2: Something has survived

Post by Draconisaurus »

Interesting analysis. I like the theory about the hunters by the PV ruins. Maybe they were trying to collect artifacts for the black market and were punished by the local raptors, heheh.

One question - is the unimog in Ascent2 from escaping hunters or Portland Construction?
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Interesting analysis. I like the theory about the hunters by the PV ruins. Maybe they were trying to collect artifacts for the black market and were punished by the local raptors, heheh.

One question - is the unimog in Ascent2 from escaping hunters or Portland Construction?
It’s devifnitly not hunter’s Unimog, since LaSalle’s group never reached the actual summit and wasn’t ever aware about Tribe C there. So I think it’s Portland Constructions.
Interesting fact about hunters near ruins in PV - there appeares to be some sort of secret stash behind Mayan statue head. Maybe hunters tried to take it with them and the noise attracted raptors. Most importantly - a lone SPAS 12 near the what appears to be campfire and strange scratches near statue :o
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huhh didn't notice the camp fire remnant.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

there appeares to be some sort of secret stash behind Mayan statue head
That's a little easter egg - the strange object you're meant to find behind the stone face is the Quake logo. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Actually in b96 it was a T-shape...