Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

AltesZeug
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Trespasser in 2018

Post by AltesZeug »

Hey everyone :D

I am new here, my Name is Marcel and I am from Germany. At the moment I am doing a german Let's Play of Trespasser with the CE patch and using Reshade to spice up the graphics :D

I first came into contact with Trespasser with the demo. It somehow managed to make me replay the demo over and over. But I forgot about this game until now! :D

I would like to ask you some questions, maybe you can help me out:
  • 1. Is it possible to combine CE and ATX Patch? ATX is not running on my Windows 10 machine :/ I read that it improves the dino behaviour (jumping) and stuff.
    2. Is there any way to increase Anna's movement speed. I tried to use Cheat Engine, but had no luck (maybe because I tried the simplest of methods)
    3. What mod can you recommend to make a follow up Let's Play? Trespasser itself seems a little bit too empty and boring at times (except the lab and habour level)
    4. Are there any modes or ways to improve the dino KI? I encountered the T-Rex and got away very easily :/
Cheers
Marcel :)
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: Trespasser in 2018

Post by MinePass »

To answer your question about what do as a follow-up there's TC isle, Dark secrets, Four Towers, and the various game builds. There's tons of custom maps in the download section but these just came to mind for interesting let's plays.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Hi and welcome to TresCom :)

1. Is it possible to combine CE and ATX Patch? ATX is not running on my Windows 10 machine :/ I read that it improves the dino behaviour (jumping) and stuff.
You can "install" both at the same time without any issue but CE is recommended. The only dino behaviour ATX added was jumping dinosaurs. Otherwise most is in CE.

2. Is there any way to increase Anna's movement speed. I tried to use Cheat Engine, but had no luck (maybe because I tried the simplest of methods)
Anne's movement speed is hardcoded into the game IIRC. However, you can jump all the time which is quicker.
3. What mod can you recommend to make a follow up Let's Play? Trespasser itself seems a little bit too empty and boring at times (except the lab and habour level)
JPDS and the TC mods (TC Trilogy). Four Towers is really good. Then there are some other smaller ones which is worth a play. And yes, the earlier builds :)
4. Are there any modes or ways to improve the dino KI? I encountered the T-Rex and got away very easily :/
There are not. The AI have issue in the game but there is no mod that change them at the moment. Sadly most focus have been on making new levels during the years :/
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
AltesZeug
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by AltesZeug »

Hey, thank you for your answers :D

I will try to get the mods running. Maybe I will do a recording of one of these as well. Looking for more Trespasser action :D

Too bad there is no way to pimp the AI. Guess I will stick with CE then, jumping attacks don't seem to be worth it much.

Normally it should be possible to use CheatEngine to find the pointer address to the movement speed and alter it, but yeah, seems kinda hard.
I tried switching between crouching and walking hoping the movement speed value gets adjusted but didn't find anything useful in the memory. Maybe I will try it again some day :)
Knowing the exact integer/float value used would make this a little bit easier maybe.

Cheers
AltesZeug
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

AltesZeug wrote: Too bad there is no way to pimp the AI. Guess I will stick with CE then, jumping attacks don't seem to be worth it much.
Well, CE enables back some dinosaur activities which had been disabled in the retail version but were still present in the source code - but you have to do level editing to add the activities to the dinosaurs' scripts if you want them to use them. Two of those activities are ActJump and ActJumpBite, BTW. No matter what Drac may say, they DO work.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Normally it should be possible to use CheatEngine to find the pointer address to the movement speed and alter it, but yeah, seems kinda hard.
I tried switching between crouching and walking hoping the movement speed value gets adjusted but didn't find anything useful in the memory. Maybe I will try it again some day :)
Knowing the exact integer/float value used would make this a little bit easier maybe.
Lee Arbuco made a script for me which added a sprint ability (with a working stamina system as well), as well as a setting to increase overall player speed. You'd have to know how to edit the level and the script however in order to make it work.
Two of those activities are ActJump and ActJumpBite, BTW. No matter what Drac may say, they DO work.
I can back you up on that now as I have also seen them work. The jump isn't very powerful, but it does work. They tend to do it when moving over objects according to their JumpOver value.

By the way, machf, have you seen ActStalk work with CE? The Raptors actually crouch down as they move toward their target with it active, it's really cool.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TI that sounds about like what I saw, yesh..

Welcome, OldStuff, to Jurassic Com. :batmon:
AltesZeug
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by AltesZeug »

TheIdiot wrote: Lee Arbuco made a script for me which added a sprint ability (with a working stamina system as well), as well as a setting to increase overall player speed. You'd have to know how to edit the level and the script however in order to make it work.
Mhh that would be quite interesting to check out :O Guess I have to use a level editor or something to change the original levels?
Are there any tutorials on how to achieve this?
Draconisaurus wrote:Welcome, OldStuff, to Jurassic Com. :batmon:
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Welcome to the Site Tres, hunter :)
Answering on one of your questions - you should definitely try some Draconisaurus levels, for example Hunter’s Camp. They are not big, but quite interesting and fun. Also check out Hunter’s Camp level (aka level The Lost World), only I forgot who made it. Level can be downloaded on TresCom. It’s really cool level.
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh oh also a must-play for Tres levels is The Lagoon, doesn't always get mentioned but it's a stand-alone engine and it's amazing.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Nobody going to suggest East Dock? That is one of my favorites. If you like Jurassic Park 1-themed levels, it's perfect for you. :)