Harold Greenwood in fact is…Dodgson?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Harold Greenwood in fact is…Dodgson?

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Yep, I present to you my crazy theory about Harold Greenwood. In fact I know that he is supposed to be BioSyn spy (or it is speculated)… but maybe in Trespasser Canon Greenwood was just an alias for Dodgson, or he used his biography and name to became closer to Hammond. Because in the book (The Lost World) Dodgson himself came to the Isla Sorna, doing somewhat of a dirty job for BioSyn. So in my theory the real Harold Greenwood was presumably killed by BioSyn and Dodgson (or other BioSyn spy) came in.
Interesngly enough, I find Greenwood’s death in Trespasser somewhat similar to the Dodgson death in the novel- they both died on the island, trying to make a fortune for BioSyn. And they both met a horrible end…
I know that this theory actually very strange, but then again, it’s just a speculations. We all know that Trespasser Canon is a strange thing (not to mention InGen hunters fate, some canon differences and etc.).
Share your thoughts, I think many of Trespasser fans have their own theories :)
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Harold Greenwood in fact is…Dodgson?

Post by Draconisaurus »

:o ! Well damn dude. I never thought of him being Dodgson. That's just insanely genius. In my perspective on this theory I would say there was no "real" Harold Greenwood based on the description Hammond gives. Huh that "electronic device", didn't Dodgson have something in the book?
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Velociraptor Alfa »

The official materials and documents never mentioned any connections between Greenwood and BioSyn. Nevetheless, it's an interesting theory.
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Honestly, the presence of the BioSyn helicopter and Hammond's remark about "covert businesses" sort of makes sense with this.
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Honestly, the presence of the BioSyn helicopter and Hammond's remark about "covert businesses" sort of makes sense with this.
BioSyn helictoper was our first clue and that device, that Greenwood have with him, is the second clue. Also, I think that device was actually created by BioSyn or even Dodgson himself.
Because apparently in Trespasser Greenwood actually playing the role of Dennis Nedry at some point. And about Nedry- in the movie he mentioned that Dodgson was like playing a spy (remember his hat, dark glasses and his attitude) and maybe… maybe Dodgson in fact is Greenwood. Nedry phrase actually gave me this theory.
Maybe real Greenwood actually existed, or Dodgson created this “character” to fool Hammond. Because Hammond apparently never knew Dodgson and have no clue about Nedry real intentions (that he was hired by Dodgson).
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

OH MY GOD!
I did some digging and found out, thar Dodgson in the novel (TLW) has a special electronic divice that scared dinosaurs away. And that divice is actually mentioned in unused Hammond’s voice-lines.
This means that Greenwood device saved him from raptors in the canyon (IJ level), when the helicopter crashed. But somehow he lost it and was wounded by raptors near the dam. You know the rest.
This is another clue, maybe Greenwood in fact was Dodgson :o :o
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

These are all just pretty wild speculations. According to original Hammond Script, the only person mentioned in connection with BioSyn is Michael Sullivan, so it's very probable that the crashed helicopter and nearby skeleton belonged to him.
Spoiler: show
In the script is also quite thoroughly described the story of Harold Greenwood with his college education and gun permit, so it looks like he was a real person after all.
Spoiler: show
It's obvious that he lied to Hammond about being former Green Berret, as Anne should find fake army tag on his clothes mentioned in unused voiceover.
VA143 Anne “Greenwood, Harold. USMC.” Looks like it came from a novelty shop.
To me it looks like he was just some treasure hunter working on his own with no connections to BioSyn or Dodgson.
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Well yes, in the retail game Greenwood’s story is almost cut out and common player (not a Trespasser fan) will think that is just some dude who ventured to Site B only for extreme.
But I’m keeping in mind that developers and screenwriter left some clues on a true Greenwood intentions. And that’s why I think Greenwood possibly can be BioSyn agent or Dodgson himself.

P.S
Michael Sullivan was the InGen hunters in the later script, how he can be connected to the BioSyn helicopter?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh. Greenwood at least seems to have lied about being a military person. Could still have been BioSyn, esp. with Hammond not finding out who he was. And VRaptor that was a nice fetch, I'd totally forgotten some of that script :|
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

These two parts of the script are everything we got. Anything else is just wild guess. And speaking of Sullivan, in what later script? In both documents, the original script and Hammond Numbers (2) is Sullivan known as the guy with BioSyn equipment.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

What BioSyn equipment?
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Who knows? I think it was somehow related to the helicopter, since it's the only known piece of BioSyn eqiupment in Trespasser.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

But where does BioSyn come in with Sullivan?
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

It doesn’t make sense. Sullivan’s name written on the missing InGen hunters list, he has no connections to the BioSyn. This was obviously a screenwriter’s mistake, since Sullivan is not a skeleton near crashed helicopter in IJ.
And it is pretty obvious that Greenwood indeed was on that helicopter and survived the crash.
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Sullivan’s name written on the missing InGen hunters list, he has no connections to the BioSyn. This was obviously a screenwriter’s mistake, since Sullivan is not a skeleton near crashed helicopter in IJ.
How do you know that? Hammond himself admits that he didn't know anything about Sullivan - maybe because he was Biosyn spy and not InGen hunter at all.
And it is pretty obvious that Greenwood indeed was on that helicopter and survived the crash.
And how do you even know that Greenwood was on that helicopter? There is no evidence for that.