Seamus Blackley on Jurassic World

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Seamus Blackley on Jurassic World

Post by madppiper »

Seamus responded to me on twitter, when i asked whether or not there was a chance to get Trespasser 2 on the road. His response:

"Jurassic World was actually started by me as a Trespasser reboot with Universal and Steven. True story."

He's just the best. Let's see if we can get a hype train started - you can check out the quick discussion on

https://twitter.com/madppiper/status/10 ... 1378596866
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Seamus Blackley on Jurassic World

Post by TheIdiot »

:D Glad to hear he has a good sense of humor! I'd much rather pay an extortionate amount for a hundred more copies of Trespasser than give Universal 20$ to see this new Jurassic World garbage.

As for that last bit, I personally don't believe that a professionally-made Trespasser remake could ever happen, but you never know! Only thing is it probably wouldn't be moddable, which would effectively result in me sidelining it after a playthrough or two in favour of the original. The original is a classic in my eyes and nothing will ever be able to compare...just as Jurassic Park is a classic and Jurassic World will never come anywhere near its greatness. 8)
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:As for that last bit, I personally don't believe that a professionally-made Trespasser remake could ever happen, but you never know! Only thing is it probably wouldn't be moddable, which would effectively result in me sidelining it after a playthrough or two in favour of the original. The original is a classic in my eyes and nothing will ever be able to compare...just as Jurassic Park is a classic and Jurassic World will never come anywhere near its greatness. 8)
Hey, pay us full time and it will happen ;) Sure, it would take a bit longer...
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Am I the only one here, who actually enjoy both Jurassic Park trilogy and Jurassic World movies? :|
Since JP was the important of my childhood (the books also)
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Mof1234567890 wrote:Am I the only one here, who actually enjoy both Jurassic Park trilogy and Jurassic World movies? :|
Oh yeah, just read the JW thread. Hilwo and I seem to be the only ones who really dislike Jurassic World.

Jurassic Park is still my favorite movie of all-time, and I first saw it when I was 3. I don't like the JW series because it doesn't feel right, it seems as if it belongs to a completely unrelated cash-in B-movie franchise.
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

TheIdiot wrote:
Mof1234567890 wrote:Am I the only one here, who actually enjoy both Jurassic Park trilogy and Jurassic World movies? :|
Oh yeah, just read the JW thread. Hilwo and I seem to be the only ones who really dislike Jurassic World.

Jurassic Park is still my favorite movie of all-time, and I first saw it when I was 3. I don't like the JW series because it doesn't feel right, it seems as if it belongs to a completely unrelated cash-in B-movie franchise.
Well since I saw the original Jurassic Park only after I watched JP 3 and The Lost World - they all are great movies (although I personally prefer TLW over original JP and JP 3). I first watched JP 3 (my first JP movie) when I was like 5 or 6 years old.
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death
tatu

Post by tatu »

Love Seamus comments on stuff :D

JP3 is my favourite JP film. Then JP1, then TLW. As mention before, JW are alright films. They don't feel like they are JP films but then it is quite some years after each other. They tried something new with JW and that is good. I don't think doing one similar to the first films would've worked because people would've thought they tried to copy everything. It is more modern (whatever you like modern style or not) but overall I think they are alright. Not the best, not the worse.

And Draco loves JW ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah hehe. Huh lol maybe the JW2 game which comes out for JW3 will be more Trespasserish since JW:E has a lot of disappointed fans who wanted something like Jurassic Park Survivor.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

tatu wrote:JP3 is my favourite JP film.
That's a very brave thing to admit :mrgreen: I consider JP1 to be the best of the series, but JP3 the most entertaining. Its rewatchability is through the roof for me. It doesn't try to be a big reinventing movie about messing with nature/environment - I love it for being such a simple/contained adventure story.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Hilwo wrote:
That's a very brave thing to admit :mrgreen: I consider JP1 to be the best of the series, but JP3 the most entertaining. Its rewatchability is through the roof for me. It doesn't try to be a big reinventing movie about messing with nature/environment - I love it for being such a simple/contained adventure story.
I think in that case they definitely took the right route making it the shortest of the JP movies, by far. It's such a short, compact adventure that it kind of just flies by. Even though I don't find it very good, I can definitely say all of its set pieces pay off, for the most part, and there is little time spent going from one to the next. It's a pointless thrill-ride, really, but a self-contained one which doesn't really do any harm to the rest of the series.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

TheIdiot wrote:
Hilwo wrote:
I think in that case they definitely took the right route making it the shortest of the JP movies, by far. It's such a short, compact adventure that it kind of just flies by. Even though I don't find it very good, I can definitely say all of its set pieces pay off, for the most part, and there is little time spent going from one to the next. It's a pointless thrill-ride, really, but a self-contained one which doesn't really do any harm to the rest of the series.
That sums it up nicely, and probably most of the reasons why I can watch it any day of the week :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh I like JP/// for the Embryonics Administration, of course... Was rereading the second book recently and realized that Crichton's description of the valley with the factory and other buildings could fit perfectly with the distance-shot of the EA from JP///.