TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:35 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:24 am 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:17 am
Posts: 2097
Location: Germany
Seamus responded to me on twitter, when i asked whether or not there was a chance to get Trespasser 2 on the road. His response:

"Jurassic World was actually started by me as a Trespasser reboot with Universal and Steven. True story."

He's just the best. Let's see if we can get a hype train started - you can check out the quick discussion on

https://twitter.com/madppiper/status/10 ... 1378596866

_________________
My Recent Projects:
Ilscipio - eCommerce, anyone? :)
Paul-Piper.de - For whoever really wants to know stuff about me
Scipio ERP - A modern business software
Browseo - a nifty seo tool


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:38 am 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2621
Location: Canada, eh?
:D Glad to hear he has a good sense of humor! I'd much rather pay an extortionate amount for a hundred more copies of Trespasser than give Universal 20$ to see this new Jurassic World garbage.

As for that last bit, I personally don't believe that a professionally-made Trespasser remake could ever happen, but you never know! Only thing is it probably wouldn't be moddable, which would effectively result in me sidelining it after a playthrough or two in favour of the original. The original is a classic in my eyes and nothing will ever be able to compare...just as Jurassic Park is a classic and Jurassic World will never come anywhere near its greatness. 8)

_________________
Image

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:59 am 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 3387
Location: Sweden
TheIdiot wrote:
As for that last bit, I personally don't believe that a professionally-made Trespasser remake could ever happen, but you never know! Only thing is it probably wouldn't be moddable, which would effectively result in me sidelining it after a playthrough or two in favour of the original. The original is a classic in my eyes and nothing will ever be able to compare...just as Jurassic Park is a classic and Jurassic World will never come anywhere near its greatness. 8)


Hey, pay us full time and it will happen ;) Sure, it would take a bit longer...

_________________
"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:09 pm 
Offline
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 7:51 pm
Posts: 56
Location: Moscow,Russia
Am I the only one here, who actually enjoy both Jurassic Park trilogy and Jurassic World movies? :|
Since JP was the important of my childhood (the books also)

_________________
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2621
Location: Canada, eh?
Mof1234567890 wrote:
Am I the only one here, who actually enjoy both Jurassic Park trilogy and Jurassic World movies? :|
Since JP was the important of my childhood (the books also)

Oh yeah, just read the JW thread. Hilwo and I seem to be the only ones who really dislike Jurassic World.

Jurassic Park is still my favorite movie of all-time, and I first saw it when I was 3. I don't like the JW series because it doesn't feel right, it seems as if it belongs to a completely unrelated cash-in B-movie franchise.

_________________
Image

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 7:51 pm
Posts: 56
Location: Moscow,Russia
TheIdiot wrote:
Mof1234567890 wrote:
Am I the only one here, who actually enjoy both Jurassic Park trilogy and Jurassic World movies? :|
Since JP was the important of my childhood (the books also)

Oh yeah, just read the JW thread. Hilwo and I seem to be the only ones who really dislike Jurassic World.

Jurassic Park is still my favorite movie of all-time, and I first saw it when I was 3. I don't like the JW series because it doesn't feel right, it seems as if it belongs to a completely unrelated cash-in B-movie franchise.


Well since I saw the original Jurassic Park only after I watched JP 3 and The Lost World - they all are great movies (although I personally prefer TLW over original JP and JP 3). I first watched JP 3 (my first JP movie) when I was like 5 or 6 years old.

_________________
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 3387
Location: Sweden
Love Seamus comments on stuff :D

JP3 is my favourite JP film. Then JP1, then TLW. As mention before, JW are alright films. They don't feel like they are JP films but then it is quite some years after each other. They tried something new with JW and that is good. I don't think doing one similar to the first films would've worked because people would've thought they tried to copy everything. It is more modern (whatever you like modern style or not) but overall I think they are alright. Not the best, not the worse.

And Draco loves JW ;)

_________________
"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 11256
Location: Portland, OR
Yeah hehe. Huh lol maybe the JW2 game which comes out for JW3 will be more Trespasserish since JW:E has a lot of disappointed fans who wanted something like Jurassic Park Survivor.

_________________
Image
Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:27 am 
Offline
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:06 pm
Posts: 2202
tatu wrote:
JP3 is my favourite JP film.

That's a very brave thing to admit :mrgreen: I consider JP1 to be the best of the series, but JP3 the most entertaining. Its rewatchability is through the roof for me. It doesn't try to be a big reinventing movie about messing with nature/environment - I love it for being such a simple/contained adventure story.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:26 am 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2621
Location: Canada, eh?
Hilwo wrote:
tatu wrote:
JP3 is my favourite JP film.

That's a very brave thing to admit :mrgreen: I consider JP1 to be the best of the series, but JP3 the most entertaining. Its rewatchability is through the roof for me. It doesn't try to be a big reinventing movie about messing with nature/environment - I love it for being such a simple/contained adventure story.

I think in that case they definitely took the right route making it the shortest of the JP movies, by far. It's such a short, compact adventure that it kind of just flies by. Even though I don't find it very good, I can definitely say all of its set pieces pay off, for the most part, and there is little time spent going from one to the next. It's a pointless thrill-ride, really, but a self-contained one which doesn't really do any harm to the rest of the series.

_________________
Image

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:42 am 
Offline
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:06 pm
Posts: 2202
TheIdiot wrote:
Hilwo wrote:
tatu wrote:
JP3 is my favourite JP film.

That's a very brave thing to admit :mrgreen: I consider JP1 to be the best of the series, but JP3 the most entertaining. Its rewatchability is through the roof for me. It doesn't try to be a big reinventing movie about messing with nature/environment - I love it for being such a simple/contained adventure story.

I think in that case they definitely took the right route making it the shortest of the JP movies, by far. It's such a short, compact adventure that it kind of just flies by. Even though I don't find it very good, I can definitely say all of its set pieces pay off, for the most part, and there is little time spent going from one to the next. It's a pointless thrill-ride, really, but a self-contained one which doesn't really do any harm to the rest of the series.

That sums it up nicely, and probably most of the reasons why I can watch it any day of the week :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:01 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 11256
Location: Portland, OR
Huh I like JP/// for the Embryonics Administration, of course... Was rereading the second book recently and realized that Crichton's description of the valley with the factory and other buildings could fit perfectly with the distance-shot of the EA from JP///.

_________________
Image
Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group