TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:06 pm 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote:
*hits cane* Damn!

*looks over at Universal's last 5 or so screen-based rides* They should all be destroyed... The description for the new JW ride does however state that it will still be roughly the same layout and ride, but with a complete JW re-theme and new animatronics and story. One thing's for sure: the ugly silver-and-blue modern colour scheme of JW will never beat the good ol' red-and-yellow used on the old rafts. 8)

Quote:
But still I’m from generation that watched all Jurassic Park movies on VHS first :yes:

Yeah, nobody I knew had a DVD player until around 2002-2004. Funny to think VHS lasted all through the 80s and 90s until around 2005ish, then came DVDs for like 10 years, then Blu-ray for 5, and now everything is digital. What's next, Smell-O-Vision by 2020? Still, I've got every movie I'm a fan of on DVD and my all-time favorites on Blu-ray, just to be on the safe side.

Anyway, best to get this discussion back on track...I'm pretty sure there's a JP-ride discussion thread elsewhere on the forum.

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:22 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Huh, I still think the dude in the yellow raincoat is Dennis Nedry

https://twitter.com/SickTriceratopz/sta ... 6042312704

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:25 pm 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote:

I don't understand how it could be - that dilophosaur would have torn him to pieces...I think I would lose what little faith I have left in the JW writing staff if that were the case. He clearly died, let Newman rest in peace! Wayne Knight himself joked about returning to the JP series at one point, saying something like Nedry would come back wearing an eyepatch with a peg-leg or something.

Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:30 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Hahahaha. It's not litterally Nedry lol

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:36 pm 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

I'm assuming raincoat guy gets eaten after trex is let out of the trailer by owen?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:37 pm 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote:
Hahahaha. It's not litterally Nedry lol

Well, you certainly got me with that one. The fact that I actually started to worry whether or not this would turn out to be true really exhibits my expectations on just how dumb JW2 will be...

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:23 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Spoiler: show
Raincoat guy barely manages to avoid being eaten by the T-Rex by grabbing the helicopter's ladder, but before he can finish climbing it, he gets eaten by the Mosasaurus while the helicopter flies over the sea... and all this happens on and around Isla Nublar before they take the dinos away from the island.

Oh, and
Spoiler: show
Owen does NOT release the T-Rex from the trailer, claire gets it closed again right after he manages to get off it...

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:10 am 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote:
Does Russia have a/some dinosaur films which are more locally popular?

Nope. Dinosaurs just is not so popular here. And I’m ashamed to actually tell this, but Jurassic Park 3 was my first JP movie back in 2003, on VHS. And the Lost World I watched in 2004 also in VHS, and original Jurassic Park I watched only in 2005 and also on VHS.
These moviese were very rare and it was amazing to see all of them on VHS. Especially The Lost World since VHS box was very cool at the time :p
But still, around 2004-2005 I first played Trespasser on my friends old PC. It was illegal copy of the game with Russian unofficial dub (!).

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:46 am 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Mof1234567890 wrote:
But still, around 2004-2005 I first played Trespasser on my friends old PC. It was illegal copy of the game with Russian unofficial dub (!).

Hey would it be possible for you to share that? Upload the contents of the disc somewhere? Would love to have a digital copy of it :D

My first copy of the game was an illegal one as well. Was ages until I got a legal one (Thanks Hilwo!) :)

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:53 am 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

That unofficial russsian dub are no longer available. It was one of the first games in Russia that have Russian dub, but it was only on illegal discs. Nowadays no single copy remained with this dub.
Only very bad Russian subtitles from pirate company called “FARGUS” that created translation back in 1999. And torrent with this version is EVERYWHERE in the Russian internet. I barely found the English version.
Also because of the FARGUS translate they broken the game code somehow and Trespasser became unplayable in the end :o :o

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:00 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Too bad.
Now I'm trying to remember if I ever heard about that translation or not...

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:22 pm 

TheIdiot wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:

I don't understand how it could be - that dilophosaur would have torn him to pieces...I think I would lose what little faith I have left in the JW writing staff if that were the case. He clearly died, let Newman rest in peace! Wayne Knight himself joked about returning to the JP series at one point, saying something like Nedry would come back wearing an eyepatch with a peg-leg or something.

If they can recreate dinosaurs they can recreate Dennis Nedry ;)

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:40 pm 
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

tatu wrote:
My first copy of the game was an illegal one as well. Was ages until I got a legal one (Thanks Hilwo!) :)

You're very welcome 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:26 pm 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

machf wrote:
Too bad.
Now I'm trying to remember if I ever heard about that translation or not...

Doubt it. Russian translations from Fargus in various games are unpopular nowadays(but at some point they actually were popular, I believe they were disbanded in 2005 or 2006).
It was actually horrible translation with many grammatical mistakes :no:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:47 pm 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

The mosasaur leaping out and eating people constantly is dumb to me. A cool animal, but I wish it wasn't in this movie, at least not in the way I've seen it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next