Harold Greenwood in fact is…Dodgson?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Harold Greenwood in fact is…Dodgson?

Post by tatu »

Mof1234567890 wrote:Lol, what is this bug with two my posts? :?
DOUBLE POST?!?! No worry about it, it happens sometimes, fixed ;)
And still I think that JP 3 idea with a plane crash is a little homage to the Trespasser. Or it’s just my speculation xd
Maybe Greenwood was on that plane, maybe not. We will never know. Sadly, we can only speculate and theories about Greenwood’s agenda and other interesting things. But this is also a very cool thing about Trespasser. I really enjoy it
If I remember correctly, Rolf Mohr did some work for Jurassic Park 3, so who knows ;) Sadly AFAIK he has not found anything from what he did.

I am pretty sure we will never really get more information about Greenwood, as there might have not been much more about him - just a story for Plains. But overall, it is always great to expand the Trespasser universe with our own thoughts and stories :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

I think it is always great to expend the universe of Trespasser and Jurassic Park as a franchise. For me, personally, this game means a lot and also represents the last performance of Richard Attenborough as Hammond. And this is very sad, cause it was the last time hearing from Hammond. We can call it a “farewell”.
And it’s not about Greenwood’s story, or Hammond’s story, or even Anne’s story. It’s about the lost world and dinosaurs, it’s their story. That’s why I love Trespasser 8)
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Haha guys guys look what I found

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/BioSyn_Employees
Not a bad list, but they're missing a couple of minor names which appeared in the novel and the Telltale game. Blink and you'll miss them. :wink:
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hidden inside the Dam on the Trespasser version of Isla Sorna a skeleton can be found. The deceased starved while hiding from Velociraptors, after he'd managed to crawl into the dam losing blood. While it's still speculation to assume the skeleton and Harold Greenwood are one-in-the-same, it's generally accepted.
Starved? Where did that info came from? I would guess he bled to death. Also, we know that skeleton is Harold Greenwood.
Harold probably was a spy of Biosyn who came to the island with the crashed Biosyn helicopter that can be found elsewhere on the island; although, according to some unused sound files he was a U.S. Marine.
No source on it. Also, Hammond's voiceover script says he is an adventurer. To be honest I think there would be some more info if he actually was a spy.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Anne wrote: VA142: Oh God.
VA143: "Greenwood, Harold. USMC." Looks like it came from a novelty shop.
VA144: He must have been scared. He was wounded, he crawled in here, maybe losing blood. Guess he thought it was safe.
VA145: Not until now.
Huh, guess this could be mis-remembered as meaning he was starving.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Hidden inside the Dam on the Trespasser version of Isla Sorna a skeleton can be found. The deceased starved while hiding from Velociraptors, after he'd managed to crawl into the dam losing blood. While it's still speculation to assume the skeleton and Harold Greenwood are one-in-the-same, it's generally accepted.
Starved? Where did that info came from? I would guess he bled to death. Also, we know that skeleton is Harold Greenwood.
And that's why you can't trust the JP wiki. A lot of its "information" is speculation without any source. Doesn't Anne herself suggest the contrary, that instead he died from blood loss rather than starvation?
VA144: He must have been scared. He was wounded, he crawled in here, maybe losing blood. Guess he thought it was safe.
I also find it very hard to believe his attacker (if there even was one) would have hung around long enough for him to starve - that would indicate he stayed in there for a very long time. Unless he really was so terrified that he refused to come out...
Harold probably was a spy of Biosyn who came to the island with the crashed Biosyn helicopter that can be found elsewhere on the island; although, according to some unused sound files he was a U.S. Marine.
No source on it. Also, Hammond's voiceover script says he is an adventurer. To be honest I think there would be some more info if he actually was a spy.
No source, but there is this line:
VA143: "Greenwood, Harold. USMC." Looks like it came from a novelty shop.
Just judging by what Anne says, though, he likely wasn't a US Marine at all, since she doesn't think his nametag or dogtag or whatever she is reading looks genuine.

Also, checking out the JP wiki further, they've got a .gif file of Nedry waving his finger which they claim is the one that appears in the movie, which isn't accurate at all; the one on the computer in the movie is a charicature of Elvis with Nedry's face slapped on, while the one on the wiki is a generic one you can find anywhere on the internet. Things like that are why I'd like it if we could refrain from attempting to use that wiki as a reliable source of reference in the future.

EDIT: Ah, Draco just beat me to the Voiceover thing.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Mof1234567890 wrote:I think it is always great to expend the universe of Trespasser and Jurassic Park as a franchise. For me, personally, this game means a lot and also represents the last performance of Richard Attenborough as Hammond. And this is very sad, cause it was the last time hearing from Hammond. We can call it a “farewell”.
And it’s not about Greenwood’s story, or Hammond’s story, or even Anne’s story. It’s about the lost world and dinosaurs, it’s their story. That’s why I love Trespasser 8)
Just bumped into this youtube video showing an image from Hammond's roll in the intro video for the theme park ride. Dunno if this was done before or after Trespasser recording.
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Mof1234567890 wrote:I think it is always great to expend the universe of Trespasser and Jurassic Park as a franchise. For me, personally, this game means a lot and also represents the last performance of Richard Attenborough as Hammond. And this is very sad, cause it was the last time hearing from Hammond. We can call it a “farewell”.
Just bumped into this youtube video showing an image from Hammond's roll in the intro video for the theme park ride. Dunno if this was done before or after Trespasser recording.
Sadly, this was done before Trespasser and even before The Lost World was released. In 1995-1996 or earlier. So Trespasser actually his last appearance as Hammond
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Here's the full pre-show Hammond video for the Jurassic Park River Adventure in Florida:

It's worth nothing that the Hollywood attraction opened a few years before the Florida one, on June 21st, 1996, whereas the Florida ride opened on May 28th, 1999. I don't know if the two rides have different pre-show video, though, as this was the only video I could find. Pretty impressive Visitor Center set they've got there in that video, I must say - I don't think that's the actual one used in the movie, as they would have had to have filmed the footage during the making of the movie, unless that's the same footage as in the Hollywood ride.

Also, sad news...while checking those dates, it seems the JP ride in Hollywood will be shutting down permanently on September 3rd, being replaced by a new Jurassic World ride, which may or may not just be a somewhat re-themed version of the same ride. :cry: I hope they don't do this to the Florida version until at least 2020, as I've been hoping to ride the JP River Adventure one last time before this inevitably happened.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

TheIdiot wrote:Also, sad news...while checking those dates, it seems the JP ride in Hollywood will be shutting down permanently on September 3rd, being replaced by a new Jurassic World ride
Disgraceful. Especially that last part.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Hilwo wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:Also, sad news...while checking those dates, it seems the JP ride in Hollywood will be shutting down permanently on September 3rd, being replaced by a new Jurassic World ride
Disgraceful. Especially that last part.
My exact words upon reading that news. I predicted this back when JW1 came out - it was obvious really, what with the amount of money those movies are going to reel in. To be fair, the JP ride is really in terrible condition after 20 or so years...none of the animatronics work properly at all. I checked out a video of the ride from earlier this year and it seems they've removed several of them already, including the baby stegosaurus, the dilophosaur who comes out from the left, and the first Raptor in the left hill. The falling Explorer is gone completely as well. But somehow even after riding the fancy rides they build to replace the old ones, I still can't help but maintain a soft spot in my heart for the classic rides, like Jaws, Back to the Future, and soon Jurassic Park.

I should add that all of the merchandise you can buy in IOA's Jurassic Park section is JW-branded now, which leads me to believe the IOA area will be next, once Nintendo Land is out of the way - my guess is by 2021, the gates of Jurassic Park will be closed forever. :cry:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

*hits cane* Damn!
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Well isn’t that kinda sad? I never was on Jurassic Park The Ride, since I was in USA only once in my life. Maybe I will be able to get there, but I doubt it.
Jurassic Park is not so popular in Russia. Although we have a merchandise, and special events (for example in may 12 there was a special 25th anniversary event- JP 3D was shown in specific theaters in the country).
But still I’m from generation that watched all Jurassic Park movies on VHS first :yes:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Does Russia have a/some dinosaur films which are more locally popular?