What happened to the remaning InGen hunters?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: What happened to the remaning InGen hunters?

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:If anyone gets to counting skeletons, should leave PV out except in an alternate count of the beta, since things like skeleton piece counts could easily change between builds.
Well if you are going to leave PV out, that was done YEARS ago by Hilwo and Me: http://trescity.trescom.org/objectdbase.htm

And as skeleton can change between builds, there is no accurate way to count them ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

tatu wrote:Well if you are going to leave PV out, that was done YEARS ago by Hilwo and Me: http://trescity.trescom.org/objectdbase.htm
I think that was our first collaboration back in 2005 or so :mrgreen: Was your idea to add the bones :wink:
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Haven't seen this much TresTheorizing in a while. Hadn't considered that many skeletons could be pre-evacuation security members. Survey Team, most probably hunter scouts, though when I first played I thought the dark-green jeep in JR was from original-InGen, and in fact the Mercedes unimog is used on Mt Watson in a way presumably meant to be original-InGen and not hunters.

If anyone gets to counting skeletons, should leave PV out except in an alternate count of the beta, since things like skeleton piece counts could easily change between builds.

Not every vichalce in the game belongs to the hunters, some of them actually were used by InGen Security stuff and costaricans workers. It’s a shame that some of the hunters cars is cut from retail game (like Dieter car, hunters Hummers, bikes). Although models were clearly ready for use in-game. This sutitation with cut content remainds me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl.
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

MinePass wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Hadn't considered that many skeletons could be pre-evacuation security members.
On page 38 of Hammond's original script there's mention of a cemetery, he is silent until the player leaves and only saying "never again". There several others quotes I could bring up but it's clear even in its prime Site B was a very dangerous place to work. Now that I think of it, the JR basement has several jeeps that we're never used, ones that would have been used by the Hunters. I guess now we get to play CSI in dermining who they were with 8) .
What is CSI?
Actually it is pretty ironic that following canon of Jurassic World now, Site B now is completely abandoned and all dinosaurus were moved to Isla Nublar.
Hammond’s prophecy became reality :oops:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Mof1234567890 wrote: What is CSI?
"Crime Scene Investigation", a TV series (or a franchise, rather, as it spawned several spin-offs). My own opinion is that it's a rip-off from the old German TV series (also a franchise) "Tatort" (which translates as "crime scene"). Police officers investigate a crime scene trying to find clues to determine the culprit(s) and how the crime happened.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh. Don't recall that one
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Which one, CSI or Tatort?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Erg, missed this page's posts for some reason.
MinePass wrote:On page 38 of Hammond's original script there's mention of a cemetery, he is silent until the player leaves and only saying "never again". There several others quotes I could bring up but it's clear even in its prime Site B was a very dangerous place to work. Now that I think of it, the JR basement has several jeeps that we're never used, ones that would have been used by the Hunters. I guess now we get to play CSI in dermining who they were with 8) .
Don't recall the grave thing.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Draconisaurus wrote:Don't recall the grave thing.
I do, but don't remember where. Tried that page on both versions but can't find it.
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Hilwo wrote:
I do, but don't remember where. Tried that page on both versions but can't find it.
And that’s kinda thing I find frustrating and very impressive at the same time in Trespasser. So many things cut from the game, and yet studying all this materials shows how developers were exited to creating it. And how fans are studying all aspects of the cut-content is also very impressive and pretty cool.
You are created a real Trespasser Legacy here 8)
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Also I actually wanted to ask… someone on TresCom have a vacancy for a screenwriter (if you can call me that xD) for some Trespasser Costume map with a storyline?
I will always be happy to help if someone really needs it :o
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hilwo wrote:
Page 38 in the one Scall got, bottom:
Page38.png
Page38.png (685.77 KiB) Viewed 7725 times
However, as Hammond's voiceovers are not in order, I can't say if it is related to the above and it is a dinosaur cemetery rather than a human one, where they put the early dinosaurs or those who died or was close to him.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Holy shit it's real
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Regarding the "InGen Survey Team"...I'd always assumed that the Survey Team had been part of the original Site B staff. At no point in the movie do any of the InGen jeeps have "survey team" written on them, so I figured this would indicate that the Survey Team was independent of the hunters. Is there any mention of them in the scripts or dialogue?
machf wrote:
Mof1234567890 wrote: What is CSI?
"Crime Scene Investigation", a TV series (or a franchise, rather, as it spawned several spin-offs). My own opinion is that it's a rip-off from the old German TV series (also a franchise) "Tatort" (which translates as "crime scene"). Police officers investigate a crime scene trying to find clues to determine the culprit(s) and how the crime happened.
Bit late in this response, but if you just subbed-in "Police officers" with "Teenagers and their dog", you'd then have the premise of Scooby-Doo, or its in-house knock-off, Goober and the Ghost-Chasers. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh. Well the two unused, non-damaged InGen jeeps in the retail IJ basement indicate "hunter jeep" and "hunter jeep survey", with corresponding decals.