Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Ziggy98
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Can Not get tpass-ce_v107e.zip to work

Post by Ziggy98 »

Hey guys any advice would be welcome.
I can not get tpass-ce_v107e.zip to work on my system. I followed the install video to a T. I can run the norm exe file fine but i get the letterboxed low res of the game.
When I try to run the Tpassp6 exe I get a error that I need to insert the cd into Drive D.
The game is installed on Drive C: (default) and the disk is in Drive G:
Game Installed from Original Game Disk in Drive G:
This is the page I found the "how to instructions" that I followed - https://jurassic.report/2019/06/26/how- ... indows-10/

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Intel i7-8700k 3.70
Memory 32 GB
GeForce RTX 2080 Driver 442.59
DirectX 12
Screen Rez 3840 X 2160
Last edited by Ziggy98 on Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Can Not get tpass-ce_v107e.zip to work

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome, to Jurassic Passer.

...Hmmm. I'm unfamiliar with a video about installing Trespasser. But my first question is: did you install the game from the CD, or did you install it from a copy of the CD files on your computer with no CD in the drive? A vital detail.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

1.- Copy the contents of the Trespasser CD to a folder somewhere on you HDD, for example, C:\TresCD.
2.- Eject the CD and store it somewhere safe.
3.- Run the installer (setup.exe) from the folder where you copied it into and install the game to the a different location (usually C:\Program Files\Dreamworks Interactive\Trespasser).
4.- DON'T delete the folder where you copied the CD files.
5.- Run the game and from the mane menu, set up the various audio, video and controls options.
6.- Exit the menu back to Windows.
7.- NOW extract the Trespasser CE files to the same folder where Trespasser has been installed.
8.- Run the CE executable and set up the audio and video options again so that you can use the capabilities of modern PCs.
9.- Go back to the main menu and click on "New game".
10.- Enjoy playing Trespasser.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Welcome to TresCom!

Use the steps machf provide. It is the best experience as well, specially if you plan on playing any mods.

You have a quite powerful PC, when you get CE to work, please report back about your performance. :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."