Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

stationdude
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Trespassing Petrolia in 2018

Post by stationdude »

Hello again,

I'm that guy doing the Trespasser Documentary. Wanted to know if anyone has a currently working version of the Trespassing Petrolia mod. I downloaded the last tech demo, but as it runs on CryEngine 3 I cannot get that working, as it needs to connect to the internet.

Just wondering if anyone has it working anymore, or if the footage that's on YouTube is the last of it.

Thanks a lot,
George
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: Trespassing Petrolia in 2018

Post by Deagles4life »

I don't know, last time I tried I was able to get it working really liked the way it looked.
LIX666
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by LIX666 »

Hi guys, anyone knows what happened to the Trespassing Petrolia website? i have been following it for the last decade and it says now it has expired, there have been annual posts that it is still a working project but due to the job and family progress is not as fast but there is progress. There really hasnt been any updates since late 2019 but i've had hopes it is still in develpoment.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oye. I reported on that mod recently, in the Trespasser Facebook group. Their solo website does indeed appear to be down... I can't remember if I had viewed it, recently. The page that I linked, when I did cover it recently, is still online:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/trespassingpetrolia

In theory, other website remnants do also exist on the Internet. He has an account on the forums here as well.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I noticed this as well. It's been down since summer, but I'd kind of thought this would only be a temporary thing. The last post mentioned something relating to a Trespassing server on the game DayZ...I wonder if maybe that's the direction this has taken instead since? I'm definitely sad to see it go down, though...this project was a huge inspiration for me.
LIX666
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by LIX666 »

Yeah, FLICKR site is still available and all photos from the site have always been linked from there. I even sent apologetic mail to him through the forum interface so that we might get time of death or announcement of work in progress :D