Trespasser mods that run on high end PC?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Jackmills
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Trespasser mods that run on high end PC?

Post by Jackmills »

Hello!

Just before I get to the point I just want to say, I am Dream Eater, the guy that edited Awesome's crater level. It has been a long time playing Trespasser and it has been a long time since I visited this forum.

To the point.

I've downloaded a unofficial ATX mod that allows you to run Trespasser on high end pc, which got me back into Trespasser, but its missing the prime features that the original ATX has offered (jumping raptors, console command cheats, quick save. etc). Is there an updated version that has those features along with the high end compatibility?
I'm also wondering if there is a Trespasser Twilight software out there that also is compatable with high end pcs?

I hope my issue can be answered asap. Thanks.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Trespasser mods that run on high end PC?

Post by TheIdiot »

Welcome back! :) Any particular reason you opted for a new account?
I've downloaded a unofficial ATX mod that allows you to run Trespasser on high end pc, which got me back into Trespasser, but its missing the prime features that the original ATX has offered (jumping raptors, console command cheats, quick save. etc). Is there an updated version that has those features along with the high end compatibility?
I'm not sure if the unofficial ATX mod you speak of is Trespasser CE (Custom Edition) or something we here are otherwise unaware of. Where exactly did you download this mod?

If that is the case, then CE implemented most of those features differently, some of which can still be activated by editing the Trespasser.ini file that comes included with the CE package - the documentation on this file is included in the package as well, which should tell you how to enable console command cheats and quick save, amongst other new things. Jumping Raptors, unfortunately, have not been re-implemented quite yet, at least not in such an obvious fashion as in ATX.
I'm also wondering if there is a Trespasser Twilight software out there that also is compatable with high end pcs?
Well, Twilight should work fine on a modern Windows machine, you can even edit its INI file to play in 1920x1080 resolution if you want. There is also a method for porting Twilight into CE, which really just consists of moving the folder into a TresCD/mods/Twilight folder, editing the FM.ini file, and then changing a line in the tp_mod.ini file. All of this is documented in the CE package as well.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hello, Jack. Welcome back, to Jurassic Pworldark. 8)

TheIdiot and I are currently working on an update of Trespasser Twilight which will include Trespasser CE stand-alone mode. Tres CE was not made to include all ATX features; some have been added, some are addable but we're still figuring out how, and some are not likely to be encorporated. For objectives requiring such features as the on-screen CAnimal data display, I keep ATX around and employ it to those ends. I see no reason why ATX should be considered non-high-end-PC-compatible; Tres CE's upgrades aimed to increase Trespasser's graphics potential. Whether it has a trend of improving system compatibility, I am unaware.
Jackmills
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Jackmills »

Thanks for your responses!

Also I might of gotten confused with CE and ATX. I thought they would be the same thing but I haven't done research on them. I only just picked out what makes the game playable.

Its also good news to hear that there will be a updated Twilight!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Look for it during the Tres 20th anniversary next year ;)