Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Player Comparison

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sooo I noticed something and went to compare the various player models. Turns out "black shirt" Anne, placed at the same scale/loc/ornt, has a smaller arm and her chest is a bit higher. Any ideas? I have generally noticed that the standard player arm is a bit monstrous compared to the rest of the body, when full-body reconstructions are attempted. Perhaps black-shirt represents a point in time before the decision for a larger arm was made. I personally never noticed ingame and it makes me wonder about the implications of future player models being made with non-monstrous arms...
Attachments
PlayerComparison02.jpg
PlayerComparison02.jpg (462.32 KiB) Viewed 9418 times
PlayerComparison01.jpg
PlayerComparison01.jpg (578.72 KiB) Viewed 9419 times
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Player Comparison

Post by machf »

I need to see her bones...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I was setting up a submodel comparison but realized the thing I was actually looking for is whatever the original-containing-level had her with; this is the works-with-modern-Tres version.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

The original is the one that counts. This one could be being stretched in-game without realizing it.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Forgot about animates having ingame size discrepencies. Which build is black-shirt from and how does one get into the files of that build/level?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

No idea, I thought you'd know. Maybe tatu?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Black shirt:
Build 22 - TestScene
Build 32 - JR & TestScene

These builds, or level, can be found (with textures) here: viewtopic.php?f=120&t=10964
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

This non-playable TresEd version - in what ways if any has the player model been modified from the original files?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:
This non-playable TresEd version - in what ways if any has the player model been modified from the original files?
Nothing. The only difference comparing to its original files is that I have replaced the .swp and .pid file and imported their original textures (which I extracted with SWPExt).
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."