Problem with Trespasser with CE

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

raGe1337
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Problem with Trespasser with CE

Post by raGe1337 »

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, just found it yesterday since I found my old copy of Trespasser, so I decided I would take a spin to remember this great game.

As soon as I started playing I noticed a big loss in frame rate but only when I picked a weapon, while the weapon was holstered, the game runs fine, but as soon as I take the weapon it lags so bad..But the CE patch fixed this problem but now I have a new problem, I got to the level The Town and Anne is blue, her arm is blue, some walls are blue, raptors are also colored, like pale white and such and I don't know how to fix it not even why it happens.. Any ideas??

Damn I was so excited to restart this game after all these years and can't play it :/
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Problem with Trespasser with CE

Post by machf »

Sounds maybe like a damaged CD... when Trespasser can't find some textures, they show up blue.

Did you copy the whole contents of the CD to your hard drive before installing from there?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
raGe1337
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by raGe1337 »

I copied everything that was on the data folder to the installion folder
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome to Jurassic Park/World... :nerd:

Is IT the only level which the error you describe is occurring in? If so I would say machf might be right about the damaged CD. Since you own a legal copy of Trespasser, you might try looking to a certain Bay to acquire an undamaged copy...
raGe1337
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by raGe1337 »

Damn :/ What if I download the game via torrent and record it on a CD-Rom/DVD-Rom ? Don't take me wrong but the game nowadays costs more than I paid back in 98, don't really feel like paying 25-30€ for it :S (I'm gonna get lynched by the fans on this forum lol)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Hi welcome to the forum :)

Don't worry. Myself used to only have a burnt copy of the game I got from a friend for years, until I got it from a friend on this forum :)
The game is also quite expensive now and it is been since 17 years since it was last sold.

Also, no one would probably find the game now unless it was found somewhere on the internet. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
tedmg09130913
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by tedmg09130913 »

You might try image burn cd,dvd program and see if it reports read errors on the cd.
Last edited by tedmg09130913 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
craycrone
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by craycrone »

tatu wrote:Hi welcome to the forum :)

Don't worry. Myself used to only have a burnt copy of the game I got from a friend for years, until I got it from a friend on this forum :)
The game is also quite expensive now and it is been since 17 years since it was last sold.

Also, no one would probably find the game now unless it was found somewhere on the internet. :)
Hey there, in case you want to buy it, maybe this could help: ebay
Lee Arbuco
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Lee Arbuco »

Before messing around with installations, make sure to try and disable (set to False or comment out) the following in tresspasser.ini, if it is enabled in yours:

Enable10bitDisplay=True

Lately that has been known to sometimes cause trouble, in particular with some Win10 + nVidia combos, but not limited to that.