Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

ThatZenoGuy
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

"Trespassing!" A trespasser AAR/runthrough

Post by ThatZenoGuy »

Hey guys, I've been making an AAR (after action report) for Trespasser in the past week because, well, it's a fun game.

I'm sure everyone here has probably played the game a hundred times over so it's not like more pictures of vanilla Trespasser is too interesting, but I've been enjoying making it.

Somewhat inspired by ResearchIndicates playthrough of the game that he did a long time ago, I plan on making my own playthrough eventually with a bit more detail on various parts of the game and it's mechanics.

https://www.the-sietch.com/index.php?th ... ugh.12331/

I'm hosting the AAR on 'The Sietch' forum, feel free to check it out if you want. I think it's great how long the Trespasser community has cared about the game.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: "Trespassing!" A trespasser AAR/runthrough

Post by Draconisaurus »

Drac scrolls through the images up to IT.

You are right, I'm afraid I'm a little tired to be reading descriptions of retail Tres this morning. Nice to see the game getting attention, though. Looks great!
Man, Research Indicates' playthrough was so long ago. In my memory it was the first video online constituting a full playthrough of Tres. He posted back and forth here answering questions... One thing that got me was his confusion at why he didn't lose health sometimes. This was due to using the FLYTELE cheat in ATX, which automatically freezes Anne's health in case you teleport into physics. Lol.. good times.
ThatZenoGuy
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by ThatZenoGuy »

Draconisaurus wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:46 pm Drac scrolls through the images up to IT.

You are right, I'm afraid I'm a little tired to be reading descriptions of retail Tres this morning. Nice to see the game getting attention, though. Looks great!
Man, Research Indicates' playthrough was so long ago. In my memory it was the first video online constituting a full playthrough of Tres. He posted back and forth here answering questions... One thing that got me was his confusion at why he didn't lose health sometimes. This was due to using the FLYTELE cheat in ATX, which automatically freezes Anne's health in case you teleport into physics. Lol.. good times.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I know it's not the most stimulating of formats but I really wanted to do an 'oldschool' forum project. Back before the days of youtube and whatnot.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

I will spend some time and read this at some point.

I personally like hearing people playing it their first times. It's been so long for me and I have explored the levels in TresEd so many times and taking them apart (specially for the Isla Sorna project). It is nice to read when people find discoveries on their own, or how they tackle various aspect (I never found the white keycard in IT myself, or figured out how to get into Wu's house. I used crates for that and pushed myself between the door and wall to get into Hammond's office). Such great memories!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
ThatZenoGuy
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by ThatZenoGuy »

tatu wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:45 am I will spend some time and read this at some point.

I personally like hearing people playing it their first times. It's been so long for me and I have explored the levels in TresEd so many times and taking them apart (specially for the Isla Sorna project). It is nice to read when people find discoveries on their own, or how they tackle various aspect (I never found the white keycard in IT myself, or figured out how to get into Wu's house. I used crates for that and pushed myself between the door and wall to get into Hammond's office). Such great memories!
Unfortunately I've beaten Trespasser like three times before, so I sort-of know how to pass all the levels without consulting a guide. XD

A friend of mine did discover something on their first playthrough though, Anne can auto-bunnyhop when Rexes are nearby. I can only assume the devs added such a feature as a 'sprint' button to avoid rexes?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

ThatZenoGuy wrote:A friend of mine did discover something on their first playthrough though, Anne can auto-bunnyhop when Rexes are nearby. I can only assume the devs added such a feature as a 'sprint' button to avoid rexes?
Nope nope nope that's not a thing, he must have uhhhhh...

An idea snaps in Drac's mind.
Omg. I wonder if the physics of world-tumbling from large CAnimal footsteps, makes it so holding the jump key keeps Anne continually jumping while the stepping-dino is nearby...?!
ThatZenoGuy
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by ThatZenoGuy »

Draconisaurus wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:10 pm
ThatZenoGuy wrote:A friend of mine did discover something on their first playthrough though, Anne can auto-bunnyhop when Rexes are nearby. I can only assume the devs added such a feature as a 'sprint' button to avoid rexes?
Nope nope nope that's not a thing, he must have uhhhhh...

An idea snaps in Drac's mind.
Omg. I wonder if the physics of world-tumbling from large CAnimal footsteps, makes it so holding the jump key keeps Anne continually jumping while the stepping-dino is nearby...?!
I don't know what to say, but there apparently is indeed a circular radius around Rexes that enable 'constant jump' mode. Try it out. :D
tatu

Post by tatu »

It is possible it is more with the physics engine where the ground is shaking which makes her auto-jump if you are already doing it. I do recall instances where I am pretty sure I have not made a new button press where Anne has jumped again anyway.
But we have the source, so someone who have some understanding could probably look at it and see if there is an auto-jump thing :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
ThatZenoGuy
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by ThatZenoGuy »

tatu wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:59 am It is possible it is more with the physics engine where the ground is shaking which makes her auto-jump if you are already doing it. I do recall instances where I am pretty sure I have not made a new button press where Anne has jumped again anyway.
But we have the source, so someone who have some understanding could probably look at it and see if there is an auto-jump thing :)
I guess I should check and see if it works near Brachiosaurs, because they shake the ground too...Will test soon!