Jurassic Time: Gold Audio Edition and Excavated Book Edition

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Jurassic Time: Gold Audio Edition and Excavated Book Edition

Post by scallenger »

(EDIT: This thread was split from the original Jurassic Time thread due to yet another new edition forthcoming)
UPDATED 09/24/15

John Hammond, the creator of Jurassic Park, and the safeguard of a Lost World, once wrote a memoir that recalled the rise and fall of a dream almost fulfilled...

Join us, as we take a look at his rare audio recordings, and flip through the pages of his long-lost notes documenting just what really happened on the remote islands off the west coast of Costa Rica...

Everyone, including me, thought 2013′s edition of Jurassic Time (Annotated) was the final one. But it looks like since we got a 4th Jurassic Park film this year we may as well have a 4th edition of everyone’s favorite John Hammond memoir: Jurassic Time! The “Gold” edition is indeed the final one, for sure (unless we unearth pristine and uncut recordings of Attenborough’s dialogue). It removes all of the Thomas Hammond tracks from the previous release to give fans of the game a more authentic experience. You can still download the “Annotated” edition with those tracks in the archives and read up as to why they are gone from this edition. In their place are two brand-new intro and outro tracks meant to sell the idea that this all came from some old lost tapes laying around Hammond’s mansion. Otherwise all of the John Hammond tracks are identical to those from before; still in fantastic music sound quality and filled to the brim with appropriate sound effects.

I can understand those not interested in this edition since it actually offers less than before. But trust me when I say that this, to me, is the definitive way to really listen to it. Anyone who wants to experience more of the story really needs to download the “Excavated” book edition that features the entire script with pictures in a scrapbook form.

This has entire process of making all of these editions has been a labor of love for me, and I hope my final sendoff is one that will be enjoyed. Thank you all for your interest. The pleasure has all been mine. Click on the logo below to be taken to the site.

mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: Jurassic Time: Annotated and Excavated

Post by mleise »

These awesome posters finally made me listen to Jurassic Time!
Ewinzilla
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Ewinzilla »

Thanks for the kind words!

I'm honoured to be working on this with Derrick and really look forward to hearing the final product!

- Jack
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Oh, awesome :D Can't wait!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Sweeeeeet :mrgreen:
Ewinzilla wrote:Thanks for the kind words!

I'm honoured to be working on this with Derrick and really look forward to hearing the final product!

- Jack
Welcome aboard!! 8)
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Aww, there he is! :) Welcome aboard, indeed, Jack. :) So happy to have you here.

Well I am glad to see after all these YEARS this project is still able to attract interest. This time I don't think it's just due to the quality of the memoir itself, but Jack's fresh take on it that adds something no other version of the memoir had. It adds a much more personal touch of a fan creation, while uniquely at the same time being more faithful to the original intent of the script by adding in details that didn't even end up in the game files. While I am glad I am still offering the "Excavated" version, that will play more like the other two editions did, I will admit that I think the Annotated version will be something quite special that will win fans over, if that test track is anything to go by.

Speaking of the test track, what do you guys think of that? I recently discovered the music may have to change (I know, it worked so well... rights issues). But what did you all think of Jack's performance? That was only but a taste of it. :)

Hope to tease you guys more, soon! :)
tatu

Post by tatu »

Loved it! :D
To bad about the music, it was so perfect!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

I may keep it as a hidden bonus on my site somewhere so it won't be completely rid of. ;) For now I think it'll be okay just to have it up for the time being so you guys can get an idea of what it will be like.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

scallenger wrote:Speaking of the test track, what do you guys think of that? I recently discovered the music may have to change (I know, it worked so well... rights issues). But what did you all think of Jack's performance? That was only but a taste of it. :)
Don't know how I missed it, but it sounds great :mrgreen:
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

While the music in the test track will no longer be used, I am happy to report that there will be at least ONE music track in the Annotated version that is an original composition co-composed by me. :D
Ewinzilla
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Ewinzilla »

...and it sounds amazing!

- Jack
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

Awesome work here mate, really well done!
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Thank you, kind sir!

And for people who have facebook, Jurassic Time now has a facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/JurassicTimeMemoir
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Who made those posters?
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

They're pretty awesome, aren't they? :D I have to admit!

I actually credited the creator in the main post, but I made it in smaller text as a sort of aside, but I have just now edited it to be bigger. ;)

Both posters were created by Jack Anthony Ewins (who also wrote and performed his Thomas Alfred Hammond character for JT:A), using the original logo made by Roy Govier (who also helped design the templates for my websites some time ago), with his own artistic modifications.