Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Tres RPG - "Up the Well"

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hello all - going to try starting a Trespasser-based RPG here. 8)

For those not familiar - in a typical internet RPG as I have experienced it, each person takes on the roll of a single character in the RPG and posts what that person does/says.

For this RPG:
  • talking will be normal post content
  • actions will be *in asterisks*
  • OOC (out-of-character) comments, pertaining as much to the story as possible, will be (in parentheses)
PREMISE

John Parker Hammond, CEO and co-founder of InGen Technologies, has assembled the world's greatest minds - geneticists, programmers, wildlife experts - to help him realize his creation and open a dinosaur theme park called Jurassic Park. Before the park can be opened or even built, he and his employees must work long into the night for years on another island - Isla Sorna - to lay the groundwork.

You are one of Hammond's employees. Choose your name, field, backstory, and personality. Once we have at least 3 characters, we'll begin in the town of Burroughs. Have fun, and try and enjoy yourself. 8)

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Tres RPG - "Up the Well"

Post by TheIdiot »

(Much different than what I had in mind. Perhaps we should move our RPGs to the same section though so that they are easier to access - I put mine under Smalltalk...not sure which is a better place for it. I'm game for this though.)
(Also, er - perhaps talking should be in quotation marks? Just makes more sense to me. :P )

Name: Fink, Wilhelm B
Field: System Programming
Description: A short, bumbling dweeb in his early twenties. Somewhat skittish and always glancing around as if he drank too much coffee every morning. Never ties his shoes.

Wilhelm Fink dropped out of college after a friend told him - or rather, dared him - to apply for a job at InGen, and his oddly impressive knowledge of computer workings and the UNIX system got him a job working at the InGen main office in Palo Alto. However, employees became rather annoyed by his constant clumsy shenanigans and began to complain, which resulted in Fink being transferred to the Isla Sorna facility. The youngest InGen employee working at Site B, today is Fink's first day on the job, and he is extremely determined not to mess this up. Fink has been assigned to the house at the easternmost end of the Ops Center street, (Specifically, "Stmanagehouseroof00-04") right next to the garbage dump, which is undoubtedly some cruel joke by the jocks working in Management.
TheKritter71
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Re: Tres RPG - "Up the Well"

Post by TheKritter71 »

Name: Kimble, Edward J
Field: Survivalist
Description: A stern, experienced yet concerned individual who has a very intelligent mind when it comes to the jungle and wildlife that exists within it. Likes to take his time with gaining knowledge of his surroundings, but is also cautious most of the time.

A once proud co-host of the local T.V. show 'Wild World!', Edward J. Kimble had a great career teaching about wildlife and the jungle. However, after 3 solid seasons, the ratings plummeted during the 4th and the show was subsequently cancelled, being replaced with a cheap Saturday-morning cartoon. Edward lost his job and ended up looking for work until he found a application for 'International Genetic Technologies'. After looking at his resume and finding the appropriate requirements for the job, the employees at InGen transferred him to Isla Sorna. He's been assigned to the house east of the church. Today, is his first day on the job, and today he is feeling like this is the beginning of a new adventure as he cannot wait to explore the ecosystem.