TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:36 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

I'd love to be able to run the game in Hardware mode but whenever I open the Video options menu, the graphics glitch up horribly and it looks like this
Help?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:50 am 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Welcome aboard! :)

I get this problem too. However, it is still possible to navigate the menu while it is like this, so I would recommend simply struggling through it. It should be fine in-game if you can just get through the options menu (you'll never have to see it again afterward).

Also, what version of Trespasser are you using? Vanilla, ATX mod, or Custom Edition?

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:06 am 
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

If you have a machine with xp then it will go away on that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:22 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

TheIdiot wrote:
Welcome aboard! :)

I get this problem too. However, it is still possible to navigate the menu while it is like this, so I would recommend simply struggling through it. It should be fine in-game if you can just get through the options menu (you'll never have to see it again afterward).

Also, what version of Trespasser are you using? Vanilla, ATX mod, or Custom Edition?

Hey, thanks for the welcome!
I'm using ATX because I can't get CE to work at all. What do I have to click in the video options menu to get hardware mode?
Shep wrote:
If you have a machine with xp then it will go away on that.

Sadly I don't have a working XP machine anymore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:45 am 
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Well, first you click on the little bar above the scrolling things in the options.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:51 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Shep wrote:
Well, first you click on the little bar above the scrolling things in the options.

Gotcha. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:58 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Ok, so with Hardware on, the framerate tanks until its essentially unplayable. Would CE help with this at all?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:00 am 
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

hmmm, I have noticed that also and it seems to be the new graphuics cards as I am told but on my same windows 8.1 machine I have windows cp pro x64 and it works AWESOME with it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:26 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Shep wrote:
hmmm, I have noticed that also and it seems to be the new graphuics cards as I am told but on my same windows 8.1 machine I have windows cp pro x64 and it works AWESOME with it.

Aight, so you recommend playing it with hardware on XP?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:21 am 
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

I recommend xp, if you have it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:28 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Welcome, to Jurassic World! 8)

If your CE issue is the one brought up in your other thread, it should/may be very easy to fix!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:55 pm 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Bob_Mercury wrote:
Ok, so with Hardware on, the framerate tanks until its essentially unplayable. Would CE help with this at all?

Yes, that should fix it, as CE is capable of using D3D9, which almost all modern computers are compatible with. Presumably this will increase hardware compatibility - I find that CE gives me a huge FPS boost running in D3D9 mode, even with ReShade and in the most object-heavy level possible.

Quote:
Aight, so you recommend playing it with hardware on XP?

This to me makes no difference. I've played Tres on XP, 7 and 10 without any issues pertaining to framerate, and used both ATX and CE on the latter two. It's definitely something more specific, perhaps your graphics card or the like.

Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:02 am 
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

I swear xp makes it better, I have windows 8.1 and I get this screen bug also and have the framerates go to shit when I see physics. On the same machine (I have a gtx 950) with the drivers installed running windows xp pro x64 edition I see this screen is fixed and no frame drops.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:56 pm 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Shep wrote:
I swear xp makes it better, I have windows 8.1 and I get this screen bug also and have the framerates go to shit when I see physics. On the same machine (I have a gtx 950) with the drivers installed running windows xp pro x64 edition I see this screen is fixed and no frame drops.

Hmm. Strange. Perhaps it's a problem exclusive to Windows 8 (what ISN'T a problem on Win 8 :P )? I have a GTX 970, but skipped Windows 8, so I doubt it's a video card problem and more likely related to the operating system. Bob_Mercury, do you by chance run on 8..? Might be able to track down the problem if so.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:02 am 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

I would say Trespasser have problems with both the OS and the hardware. I have had problems on one of my old Laptops with Windows 7 where TresEd and Trespasser worked fine, while after a reinstall both had problems.

Now I have a Windows 10 Laptop and don't run into that much issues. I know CE have some problems with it. Not sure it is the OS or the Nvidia graphic card (950M), where I have to set "Enable10bitDisplay=True" to false in order for CE to work (it is on by default in the pre-made config). There is also the problem if you have two graphic cards, one integrated graphics card and on external. For me, when I update the external graphics card driver, I sometimes have to go into the graphic card settings and make sure TresEd and Trespasser uses the Nvidia card and not the integrated one (the settings for some programs usually resets when updating).

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond