Trespasser.nl

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Trespasser.nl

Post by Hilwo »

Here's a small/basic Trespasser site I did with a template I found. I'm getting back into HTML and also want to learn Wordpress.
So it was mostly a fun exercise for me for basic html, some css and a very, very little bit of php. http://www.trespasser.nl
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Trespasser.nl

Post by TheIdiot »

I really like your site! The monochrome theme is very fitting of the "abandoned" style you seem to be going for. I hope this gets a bit more attention than just here because it contains some very useful information, including the installation instructions and the controls. I'd like to see someone do a walkthrough to your site if you want to expand it.

Couple of nitpicks I noticed in your weaponry section: the Barett .50 Cal is actually the Barett M82; the HK91 is a HK G3A3; the tranquilizer rifle, pistol and toxin rifle are Lindstradt weapons (as seen in the movie); and instead of "SPAS" you might want to use "SPAS-12" simply because there are other weapons bearing the name "SPAS". :)
Also the Worker Village should be Burroughs Town, unless you're going with the film's version of it. :wink:
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

TheIdiot wrote:I really like your site! The monochrome theme is very fitting of the "abandoned" style you seem to be going for. I hope this gets a bit more attention than just here because it contains some very useful information, including the installation instructions and the controls. I'd like to see someone do a walkthrough to your site if you want to expand it.

Couple of nitpicks I noticed in your weaponry section: the Barett .50 Cal is actually the Barett M82; the HK91 is a HK G3A3; the tranquilizer rifle, pistol and toxin rifle are Lindstradt weapons (as seen in the movie); and instead of "SPAS" you might want to use "SPAS-12" simply because there are other weapons bearing the name "SPAS". :)
Also the Worker Village should be Burroughs Town, unless you're going with the film's version of it. :wink:
Thanks for all the feedback!! I don't plan on working on it anymore, but other people are welcome to change/update it if they want to. In fact, I'd be happy if someone would finish it. It will probably be moved to somewhere on TresCom at some point. And yes, I was really going for an "abandoned" style, so I'm happy to read that came across.

About the weapons, I picked most of the names either from the manual or from TresEd, so often it's the names the developers game them and not the real names. Though Lindstradt would definitely be better. About the worker village, you're right - but I did call it Worker village on purpose. Can't remember why, though...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Quite a nice website! Definitely something nice for Tres newcomers. Hopefully it will not only be hosted by TresCom but listed in the links section...

Personal nitpick - the T-Rex "variants" are gender-based. Might make sense to list "male", "female", "alpha" instead of #1/2/3
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote: Personal nitpick - the T-Rex "variants" are gender-based. Might make sense to list "male", "female", "alpha" instead of #1/2/3
Nitpick to your nitpick, Drac :P , but are you sure about that? I don't remember it saying anywhere in the dinosaur's values that they were gender-specific. I think the alpha is correct, but the male and female might not be. That being said I do agree that they are supposed to represent the male and female Rexes from the movie, but I always like to make sure information is based on hard facts. :wink:
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Thanks! To be honest, I wasn't sure how to "name" the Rexes, lol... also, the way I did the screenshots you can hardly tell the difference, anway.
I'd like it to be moved to TresCom at some point, then it will probably be something like tresnl.trescom.org or something like that.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Mmmmm the male T-Rex is known as "TRexX" while the female is known as "TRex_f_A". The "f", to me, clearly stands for "female"... The "X"? Not sure what it stands for but it's the other "normal" rex. (The Alpha Rex is known as "TRex_Alpha_A".)
Aside from this - the T-Rex is JP1 is female and brown. The male T-Rex in TLW is green (most noticable in concept art). I don't see a way to argue that the genders are not as indicated by these points.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Mmmmm the male T-Rex is known as "TRexX" while the female is known as "TRex_f_A". The "f", to me, clearly stands for "female"... The "X"? Not sure what it stands for but it's the other "normal" rex. (The Alpha Rex is known as "TRex_Alpha_A".)
Aside from this - the T-Rex is JP1 is female and brown. The male T-Rex in TLW is green (most noticable in concept art). I don't see a way to argue that the genders are not as indicated by these points.
Well, you've pretty much confirmed it by listing "TRex_f_A" in that case. I knew about the movie evidence but seeing as how Tres doesn't really follow both movies I couldn't be sure, especially since the female in Tres looks nothing like the females in the movies. But the naming to me makes perfect sense. :D
Hmm..."TRex_f_A" makes me wonder if there was ever supposed to be a "TRex_f_B" and so on. Could all seven of the tyrannosaurs at some point have looked unique?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yes the "A" addition seems to be part of the general element of the team not knowing exactly how duplicates and related-models and such would be related as they created the assets.

IIIIII quite don't think they would have all looked unique at any point of planning but who knows?