Newbie here

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: Newbie here

Post by Rebel »

Tc Trilogy does use atx, in fact it relies heavily upon it from too many things to list. It's an edited demo engine, which may be why you've got no sound. If you've replaced the executable, it'd be reading stream.tpa for music and voiceovers, whereas the tc-levels use a tpa labeled trescom.tpa I admit, don't know much about C.E., we never set the levels up to be played anywhere but its own installation package.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

@Rebel, I believe that Lee Arbuco implemented all of ATX's new actiontypes, so in theory, TC_Isle should run fine under TresCE (I have been meaning to test it).
bumblebeef wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Check out Trespasser CE - should run a lot better and look nicer. Even better if you use those graphics improvements TI showed us..
edit: Well, almost. The game plays and looks great, except for one thing - I'm missing audio entirely. Any pointers?
Buried in TresCE's readme is a section on setting up levels to read additional .tpa files. You should be able to copy over TC_Isle's .tpa files into a directory structure setup for TresCE's tpa extension, and it ought to run fine (as I mentioned above, I have been meaning to test this).
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Slugger wrote:@Rebel, I believe that Lee Arbuco implemented all of ATX's new actiontypes, so in theory, TC_Isle should run fine under TresCE (I have been meaning to test it).
I believe it's 1 or 2 he didn't implemented. I also believe they might not be scripted like the ones from ATX, but they do the same, only scripted in another way. Not that sure tho.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Have just remembered - JPDS uses the reload gun AT. Anyone recall if that's in CE?

And - CE having all but 1 or 2 of the ATX new ATs? That's now what I recall but that would be extremely nice...
Wondering if the spitter stuff is in CE somewhere..
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yesterday I was trying to find out which ATX actiontypes were implemented in CE, but going through all 40-something pages of that topic is a little discouraging...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

We'll have to set up a research expedition :lol: Get your pith helmet!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Already on it. Just going though each and every post ade by Lee (there are 209 in total) instead of reading the whole topic.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

I'm almost 100% certain that the spitter type is one of the ActionTypes that was not implemented.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Unfortunately, it's not mentioned in ATX's documentation...
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

machf wrote:Yesterday I was trying to find out which ATX actiontypes were implemented in CE, but going through all 40-something pages of that topic is a little discouraging...
When he started posting, I started copying over his posts with the intention to edit them into some type of manual...never got around to it and stopped copying his posts.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, easier than going through the almost 50 pages of the topic is just listing the 209 posts he's made... I went through them yesterday.

Regarding the spitter: the spitting behavior is *not* an ATX ActionType. It's a hack, rather. It works in a fashion similar to the jumping dinos. That's the reason it's not in CE, because it wasn't among the ActionTypes.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Regarding the spitter: the spitting behavior is *not* an ATX ActionType. It's a hack, rather. It works in a fashion similar to the jumping dinos. That's the reason it's not in CE, because it wasn't among the ActionTypes.
I think that might be right - Lee said the implementation of the non-ActionType functions of ATX were tricky to code in. I know I pestered him a couple of times in PM about adding the Spit function (as well as the other MAPS functions) and I believe he said it would be coming in the future, along with an improved version of the HUD. There's no way he missed it completely.

Also, I posted a list of my tested ATX ActionTypes and functions in the CE thread here, for those of you who are curious which ATs are confirmed working and which aren't:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10674&start=720
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Code: Select all

ValueTable for instance 13107 "Trig_Spit_Strike-00" :

group Trig_Spit_Strike-00 = {
    int ext_GeometryType = 1
    string Class = "CCollisionTrigger"
    string Element1 = "DiloSpit-00"
    int FireCount = -1
    group Action00 = {
        int ActionType = 111
        string Sample = "DiloSpit-00"
    }
    group Action01 = {
        bool SetOrientation = true
        bool SetPosition = true
        bool HeightRelative = false
        string TeleportDestObjectName = "Tele_Spital-00"
        string ObjectName = "DiloSpit-00"
        int ActionType = 18
        int AlphaChannel = 0
    }
    group Action02 = {
        int ActionType = 10
        string Target = "DiloSpit-00"
        bool Frozen = true
    }
}
Apparently, 111 is indeed used, machf. All the triggers for last version of the spitter (your edits) is in the revamped trescom level. They're across the ravine where the road is washed out, down past the research center. The entire setup is near the end of the road on the right (past the electric fencing).
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

But 111 is used for freezing (or unfreezing) the actual spit, nothing else.

The actual "spitting"code is in the MAPS\SPT\tc_dilo.ini file

Code: Select all

[FrillSpitter]
ProjectileName1=DiloSpit
MinDistance=2.500000
MinDistanceHoriz=2.250000
ForwardDistanceFromHead=2.00000
ProjectileSpeed=45.000000
LaunchProbability=100
MinLaunchInterval=12000
AnimalViewAngle=60
UseHorizontalAutoAim=1
UseVerticalAutoAim=1
ProjectileExtinguishTime=2000
ProjectileZSpeedAdjust=0.50000
AnimalViewAngle=90.000000
The first two lines define who spits and what gets spitted...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

But 111 is used for freezing (or unfreezing) the actual spit, nothing else.
Yea, if I remember correctly, it's supposed to stop the spit if it strikes something, right? I'm not certain actually, it's been so long since I looked closely at the setup.