Newbie here

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

bumblebeef
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: Newbie here

Post by bumblebeef »

Slugger wrote:@Rebel, I believe that Lee Arbuco implemented all of ATX's new actiontypes, so in theory, TC_Isle should run fine under TresCE (I have been meaning to test it).
bumblebeef wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Check out Trespasser CE - should run a lot better and look nicer. Even better if you use those graphics improvements TI showed us..
edit: Well, almost. The game plays and looks great, except for one thing - I'm missing audio entirely. Any pointers?
Buried in TresCE's readme is a section on setting up levels to read additional .tpa files. You should be able to copy over TC_Isle's .tpa files into a directory structure setup for TresCE's tpa extension, and it ought to run fine (as I mentioned above, I have been meaning to test this).
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm not getting anywhere with this. I'm not seeing any TC_Isle .tpa files anywhere.

Again, thanks for your help, I do appreciate it.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Hia, B.B. It's not labeled tc-isle.tpa, but rather trescom.tpa. That'd be inside the tc_triology's/data folder. There's also additional .tpa files found inside maps/lvl/example_tpas (they're all labeled alts). There's also a trescom.ini file which told atx to look for those additional sounds inside the alt.tpa files if they didn't exist in the standard effects/ambient/trescom tpa files. (Incidentally, trilogy also has a patch 1.2d that has a updated version of the trescom level)

As i mentioned, the entire trilogy was set up with its own installation package to minimize any troubles. Everything the 3 levels needed was there. Hope some of the info above helps. And welcome, btw. :)
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

I debated not even posting this comment, because at this point with TresCE it's mute, but it seems the best way to implement the spitter's behavior would be directly as an AI Activity....
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"