Hello and help with the video menu!

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Starsy
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Hello and help with the video menu!

Post by Starsy »

Hello - I'm tentatively making my way into the world of Trespasser. I'm trying to get it to look a bit nicer on my machine - It's running on Windows 10 lovely, and I've downloaded ATX to help. There's just one issue - on the Video options menu, the screen goes double and pink and grainy. Only on that menu, but it makes it impossible to see what settings I'm trying to edit. Does anyone have a solution, or if not can just screenshot me the menu so I can see what I'm clicking? Thank you!

Stars
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Hello and help with the video menu!

Post by tatu »

Welcome!

Try using the new CE patch instead of ATX.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10674&start=480#p114129
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Velociraptor Alfa »

It's too bad CE patch doesn't have jumping raptors. I know, it wasn't real jumping but it was better than nothing.
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Velociraptor Alfa wrote:It's too bad CE patch doesn't have jumping raptors. I know, it wasn't real jumping but it was better than nothing.
It doesn't have ATX's version ActJump (which was simply a randomizer to push the dino when it fired ActBite), but you can enable the deactivated dino activities which includes the original ActJump. As long as you have that activity listed in the dino's tscript, the dino will jump.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Starsy
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Starsy »

I just downloaded CE and the same issue with the video options menu is occuring =(
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Just as an alternative, you could manually edit the settings...

Just curious... what graphics card does your computer have? The "pink" reference reminded me of some trouble with NVidia drivers, I think when "Triple Buffering" was enabled...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

My latest Windows experiences with Tres have all had the buggy video menu issue. It looks like the computer is trying to run Tres in some sort of bugged 3D experience :lol: Or anyway, it did on my previous laptop, as the error would continue ingame. On my more recent laptop IIRC it was limited to the menu. Machf is right - manual editing is the solution there. The draw distance slider is barely visible and adjustable from the menu, in my experience of the bug.

And erm, it irks me that Tres CE does not have jumping raptors. ActJump, in my experience, is a piece of uh... hmm.. fashionable number crunching? :lol:
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Draconisaurus wrote:My latest Windows experiences with Tres have all had the buggy video menu issue. It looks like the computer is trying to run Tres in some sort of bugged 3D experience :lol: Or anyway, it did on my previous laptop, as the error would continue ingame. On my more recent laptop IIRC it was limited to the menu. Machf is right - manual editing is the solution there. The draw distance slider is barely visible and adjustable from the menu, in my experience of the bug.

And erm, it irks me that Tres CE does not have jumping raptors. ActJump, in my experience, is a piece of uh... hmm.. fashionable number crunching? :lol:
Which version of Windows are you running Drac?

My experiences with the original ActJump were pretty convincing, especially since they were circling me and trying to jump up to get me....
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

My experience with ActJump was on Windows 8.1. Machf cooked up a test level which didn't seem to demonstrate much of anything.. I don't even remember how much they jumped, if at all.

In ATX you could modify details about the jump including vector.. I used this in JPDS to create some creative jump scenes and compensate for the player being able to outrun raptors (sometimes raptors would actually jump and land in front of you).