Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: New E3 Preview Images Found!

Post by Draconisaurus »

You guys, this is great! I want to point out that we've discovered here that both raptors seen in the concept art of the male/female A-tribe are featured in the level, moving around. This is something I don't think we've seen confirmation of before... 8)
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

Very cool!
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Wow, really nice find! Any one make any progress in tracking down additional videos?
Hilwo wrote:Edit: Was the flower just some object you could knock over? :P Or maybe it was scripted to 'let go' when grabbed?
I believe the flower, based on the trailer video and some early reports, must've had some physics' objects so you could grab it. Some early previews made a big deal about that flower, how it showcases the interactivity of the world ("it's so real you can even bend over and pluck flowers out!", something to that effect).
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Slugger wrote:Wow, really nice find! Any one make any progress in tracking down additional videos?
Hilwo wrote:Edit: Was the flower just some object you could knock over? :P Or maybe it was scripted to 'let go' when grabbed?
I believe the flower, based on the trailer video and some early reports, must've had some physics' objects so you could grab it. Some early previews made a big deal about that flower, how it showcases the interactivity of the world ("it's so real you can even bend over and pluck flowers out!", something to that effect).
The flower's magnets are still present in b96 IJ, however, they are missplaced (like the magnets for the airplane in retail).
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hehe, this is only slightly related, but Tatu, where is your signature quote from? XD
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hehe, this is only slightly related, but Tatu, where is your signature quote from? XD
The 1997 walkthrough :P

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Vesiapina
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Vesiapina »

Slugger wrote:Wow, really nice find! Any one make any progress in tracking down additional videos?
I've used hours trying to find more Trespasser videos but haven't had any luck yet. My search isn't over yet though! :)

And there is even more problem now that Dragon Age got a dlc named "Trespasser" -.-
With Trespasser, you can!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Vesiapina wrote:And there is even more problem now that Dragon Age got a dlc named "Trespasser" -.-
Ack, the dreaded Google (etc.) name burial :lol: It happens to the best..
Vesiapina
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Vesiapina »

Watch the part where Anne picks the flower and listen very carefully. What do you hear when she picks it? Or am I losing my mind and just hearing stuff..?
tatu

Post by tatu »

I heard it too, the "Mom, Dad, Look, I found something" like you told me you heard. And is it me, or does it sound like trex roars when after they used the Tnext cheat?

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

That's because there was another video running on another PC right next...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Vesiapina
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Vesiapina »

machf wrote:That's because there was another video running on another PC right next...
Really? How disappointing. What was running on the other PC? The Lost World movie?

Were you there on that day btw or how do you know this? :)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Look at the other video (the one I linked earlier) and you'll see both PCs side by side. The other YoTube video is focused on the PC playing the demo video and you can see the one from the first video right to its left...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

So I've continued to look through old magazine after Trespasser article in hope to find any early images we haven't seen yet and came across this E3 1998 layout map. Dreamworks is not listed so I would guess they count as one of the EA ones.
E3Map.png
E3Map.png (7.42 MiB) Viewed 12275 times

Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

radical find Tatu! Pretty neat to see the layout and how many different places there were.
In 2012, I was abused by a Weird Al lookalike. :nerd: :cry: