TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:21 am 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

I was digging through some old games magazines to try to find old Trespasser articles, and I came across this.

I don't believe I have seen most of these anywhere. And I do believe they give a more picture how far the had gotten in the summer of '98. Also, there are way more pictures of the brown raptor.

Attachment:
TresE3Demo.png
TresE3Demo.png [ 2.64 MiB | Viewed 4923 times ]

Here are a download of the article. I recommend looking at it, since there are a few concept arts there (one with the old Humvee with a raptor on it, and one of the crashed helicopter). Sadly they are faded in the background.

https://app.box.com/s/gbd4waxr7wi7yoipvzmqbfg6hf6dzfjv

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:41 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Thank you Tatu so much for sharing these! Now because of this I started googling and found this from youtube: E3 1998 Gamers Point VHS Video (Trade Show Video). Watch from 1:17:04 --> You'll love it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=377fEyJ8lvU.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:44 am 

Vesiapina wrote:
Thank you Tatu so much for sharing these! Now because of this I started googling and found this from youtube: E3 1998 Gamers Point VHS Video (Trade Show Video). Watch from 1:17:04 --> You'll love it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=377fEyJ8lvU.

OMG! So awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:08 am 
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Holy shit - two times :o Some should get a copy of that VHS tape and have it transferred to DVD...

Edit: Was the flower just some object you could knock over? :P Or maybe it was scripted to 'let go' when grabbed? Also, is that the .45 in the last image?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:11 pm 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Also, did you notice what color Anne's shirt is? :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:58 pm 

And, look how the triceratops moves its tail in the fight.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:59 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Wow, this is great. And just when last night I decide to go to bed early... this happens to me every time someone finds something! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:54 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Hilwo wrote:
Holy shit - two times :o Some should get a copy of that VHS tape and have it transferred to DVD...

No need to do that, since the video has already been digitized and uploaded to YouTube. It's enough to download it.

This other one supposedly has Trespasser footage too, I haven't looked at it yet (it's 3 hours long):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugYtWnwtkiI

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:18 pm 
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

machf wrote:
Wow, this is great. And just when last night I decide to go to bed early... this happens to me every time someone finds something! :wink:

Maybe if you go to bed early more often an E3 demo will pop up - just sayin' :lol:

machf wrote:
No need to do that, since the video has already been digitized and uploaded to YouTube. It's enough to download it.

True, but if we'd rip it ourselves, quality might be better than what's on YouTube right now?

machf wrote:
This other one supposedly has Trespasser footage too, I haven't looked at it yet (it's 3 hours long):

Dunno, isn't that one Nintendo 64 and Playstation only?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:29 pm 

Hilwo wrote:
machf wrote:

True, but if we'd rip it ourselves, quality might be better than what's on YouTube right now?

Sadly I believe that this will be the best quality we will get.

Hilwo wrote:
machf wrote:

Yeah, the description say its Sega, PS1 and N64 only.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:28 pm 

Here is another one I found in Computer Gaming World. Kinda like it. Btw, one new lab image. Nothing new really, other than they have as more than once, just paste in a raptor lol.

Attachment:
CGW_Aug1998.png
CGW_Aug1998.png [ 711.26 KiB | Viewed 4864 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:48 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

tatu wrote:
Hilwo wrote:

Yeah, the description say its Sega, PS1 and N64 only.

Watch at 02:40:30 approximately...

It says "PC CD/ Win9X: KEIN PLATZ mehr, Rest siehe Kassettencover.", so I did (there's a link to the scan at the top), and there it mentioned Trespasser. Sadly, it's no gameplay, just the trailer video.

Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

BTW, in the past I had been looking at E3 1998 videos searching for Trespasser footage and wasn't successful, these must be newly uploaded. We should be on the look for Comdex Fall 1997 videos too...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:56 pm 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Well... that's a pretty good Find you two, Vesiapina, no wonder you wanted me to see this... Has anyone spoke to the youtuber about where he got the footage and if he might have a better res?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:21 pm 
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Woww nice image find!

Referring to the E3 1998 video, for those of you wanting to go straight to the Trespasser action, fast forward to 1:17:05! Quoting the time, as the footage on Trespasser is only a few seconds!