Now what?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

jackdelamare
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Now what?

Post by jackdelamare »

I just completed Trespasser for the first time and man, what a game. The story is great; it feels like a fine entry into JP's expanded universe and while it's full of bugs, you really learn to love them. Exploring Site B was so exciting.

My question is... what's next? That wasn't enough! You guys have an amazing community here and I know there are a lot of mods and levels that have been created for the game. Where can I start?

While playing through each level I couldn't help but think that it feels like a movie. As a filmmaker by trade I kept thinking about how I would shoot this as a movie, what I'd do differently, what I would include etc. It would be a lot of fun to translate it into a mini-series or something along those lines... :D

Shout out to Scallenger for guiding me in the right direction to get the game running on Windows 7. Long live Trespasser!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Now what?

Post by TheIdiot »

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! It's a really interesting and quite fun, unique game once you get over the slightly different controls.
Also, jackdelamare...sounds familiar...you made the film "Jurassic Park: Prime Chaos" a few years ago, right? :wink:

First off, make sure you're running on the TresCE engine. It makes everything look, play and feel better, reducing bugs in the process.

In terms of new levels - you need to play the TresCom trilogy (TresCom, TC~Isle and TC~Rescue), which I actually played before the retail game. They're all incredibly difficult in terms of puzzles, but the scenery, locations and ideas that they put forward are some of the coolest things in Tres to date. Plus they're completely open world and look significantly better than the original game.

Also make sure you play Jurassic Park: Dark Secrets (JPDS) - it's like if you took Trespasser, made the environments more beautiful, made it open-world, added interesting puzzles and made everywhere unique - basically, Tres on steroids. And you have to make sure you play it multiple times to get the full experience, since there are multiple paths and endings. Sadly, it wasn't ever finished, so it ends rather abruptly, but it's still completely worth it to explore what was finished. :)

Other than that, there are a ton of independent levels floating around here, many of which can be found on the main site under "downloads". Check them out for sure. And of course there are several mods still in progress, which you'll find in the Level and Editing forum. My mod, Return to Jurassic Park, and tatu's original game fix are what come to mind at the moment, but there are a ton more, of course. :) Just snoop around here and you'll eventually find something new! I've got a collection of something like 50 levels, so there's no lack of content to check out.
Or, of course, you could go right ahead and make your own levels using TresEd - there can never be enough new content being made!
Draleikosaurez
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Draleikosaurez »

One of the things I've found that is fun to do with the original levels is to just explore them in TresEd. Prez the "P" key and use either the mid mouse btn or hit ESC, move around using the typical directional keys, and have fun looking for hidden objs that can be found by the colored dots lying around the landscape. ;)

I also recommend JPDS. It seems a veritable testament to what a small group of TresComers can come up with level-wise, given a few years to complete their project. It shows in the work, and there's a lot of it - be prepared for non-linear exploration and hidden treasures that reward the adventurouz.
Image JP ImageImageImage JW
jackdelamare
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by jackdelamare »

TheIdiot wrote:Glad to hear you enjoyed it! It's a really interesting and quite fun, unique game once you get over the slightly different controls.
Also, jackdelamare...sounds familiar...you made the film "Jurassic Park: Prime Chaos" a few years ago, right? :wink:

First off, make sure you're running on the TresCE engine. It makes everything look, play and feel better, reducing bugs in the process.

In terms of new levels - you need to play the TresCom trilogy (TresCom, TC~Isle and TC~Rescue), which I actually played before the retail game. They're all incredibly difficult in terms of puzzles, but the scenery, locations and ideas that they put forward are some of the coolest things in Tres to date. Plus they're completely open world and look significantly better than the original game.

Also make sure you play Jurassic Park: Dark Secrets (JPDS) - it's like if you took Trespasser, made the environments more beautiful, made it open-world, added interesting puzzles and made everywhere unique - basically, Tres on steroids. And you have to make sure you play it multiple times to get the full experience, since there are multiple paths and endings. Sadly, it wasn't ever finished, so it ends rather abruptly, but it's still completely worth it to explore what was finished. :)

Other than that, there are a ton of independent levels floating around here, many of which can be found on the main site under "downloads". Check them out for sure. And of course there are several mods still in progress, which you'll find in the Level and Editing forum. My mod, Return to Jurassic Park, and tatu's original game fix are what come to mind at the moment, but there are a ton more, of course. :) Just snoop around here and you'll eventually find something new! I've got a collection of something like 50 levels, so there's no lack of content to check out.
Or, of course, you could go right ahead and make your own levels using TresEd - there can never be enough new content being made!
Hey! Prime Survival, yep! Funny you should remember. :)

I believe I was running TresCE actually, and the game didn't look as bad as I remember. The physics in the game are wack but that's kind of what makes it fun!

Can I download the Trescom trilogy from the main downloads page? Just want to make sure I'm getting the right and final download.

Watched a few videos on JP: Dark Secrets and I'm definitely going to download it. Looks like a much denser forest with some real nice scenery like you said.

Thanks for the info and for the warm welcome. The whole Trespasser backstory is so unique. I also am loving the Trespasser remake but it seems to have gone quiet for now?

Draleikosaurez wrote:One of the things I've found that is fun to do with the original levels is to just explore them in TresEd. Prez the "P" key and use either the mid mouse btn or hit ESC, move around using the typical directional keys, and have fun looking for hidden objs that can be found by the colored dots lying around the landscape. ;)

I also recommend JPDS. It seems a veritable testament to what a small group of TresComers can come up with level-wise, given a few years to complete their project. It shows in the work, and there's a lot of it - be prepared for non-linear exploration and hidden treasures that reward the adventurouz.
Thanks for the tip! Going to download JPDS now...
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

jackdelamare wrote:Can I download the Trescom trilogy from the main downloads page? Just want to make sure I'm getting the right and final download.
Yes. Here are the quicklinks:

http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... .setup.exe

http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... l_1.2d.zip
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."