Tres on Windows 10?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Tres on Windows 10?

Post by TheIdiot »

Anyone updated to Windows 10 and got Trespasser to work on it yet? I'm contemplating upgrading, but I don't want to lose compatibility, especially with my older games.
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Re: Tres on Windows 10?

Post by DrShaw »

It is working with Lee version. I can do more testing if you want but I walk around in the town level for 40 min with out issue.
~Dr.Shaw

We are tressers by heart like Anne. John made his dream come true as well as mine.
We trespass on his dream and to see the forgotten world that once was alive 65 million years ago now touchable. Who...dares to come trespass....?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

DrShaw wrote:It is working with Lee version. I can do more testing if you want but I walk around in the town level for 40 min with out issue.
Alright, many thanks. :mrgreen: Fortunately, I learned you can also downgrade to Win 7 if it comes to that, so I guess I'll get on that now.

EDIT: Finished the update and finally tweaked Windows 10 so it's less tablet-y, and after about 4 hours now, I tested out Tres and its development software. It seems Tres CE works fine, and Geomadd doesn't have any issues, but TresEd seems to have at least one major problem: I can't edit the settings in Terrain Edit mode. The box where you can change the brush size, switch from area raising to levelling, etc. is gone completely. Can you confirm this, DrShaw? If this turns out to be a consistent issue, can anyone provide a solution or suggestions for a fix?

EDIT 2: Managed to fix it by simply deleting the TresEd.ini file - everything works as usual now. I'm also unsure if compatibility mod is required, but I have it in Windows XP SP3 mode as well.
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

TheIdiot wrote:
DrShaw wrote:It is working with Lee version. I can do more testing if you want but I walk around in the town level for 40 min with out issue.
Alright, many thanks. :mrgreen: Fortunately, I learned you can also downgrade to Win 7 if it comes to that, so I guess I'll get on that now.

EDIT: Finished the update and finally tweaked Windows 10 so it's less tablet-y, and after about 4 hours now, I tested out Tres and its development software. It seems Tres CE works fine, and Geomadd doesn't have any issues, but TresEd seems to have at least one major problem: I can't edit the settings in Terrain Edit mode. The box where you can change the brush size, switch from area raising to levelling, etc. is gone completely. Can you confirm this, DrShaw? If this turns out to be a consistent issue, can anyone provide a solution or suggestions for a fix?

EDIT 2: Managed to fix it by simply deleting the TresEd.ini file - everything works as usual now. I'm also unsure if compatibility mod is required, but I have it in Windows XP SP3 mode as well.
I have compatibility off and it still work as normal. So I believe it is safe to have no compatibility mod on.
~Dr.Shaw

We are tressers by heart like Anne. John made his dream come true as well as mine.
We trespass on his dream and to see the forgotten world that once was alive 65 million years ago now touchable. Who...dares to come trespass....?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

This is a highly, highly important issue. VERY nice to see that the preliminary outlook is good. :|
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

Draconisaurus wrote:This is a highly, highly important issue. VERY nice to see that the preliminary outlook is good. :|
I take that as a good thing..I think.
~Dr.Shaw

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I have compatibility off and it still work as normal. So I believe it is safe to have no compatibility mod on.
Indeed, I'm running without compatibility now and it seems everything is perfectly fine. :mrgreen: Haven't had a single problem with anything else so far.
This is a highly, highly important issue. VERY nice to see that the preliminary outlook is good. :|
Fortunately, you can downgrade your Windows 10 installation to 8 or 7 if you need to. I wonder if the regular ATX engine works still as well? Haven't looked into that yet, though I assume it does since most 32-bit Win 2000-XP era stuff seems fine at the moment.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

You should note that you can ONLY downgrade to Windows 7 or 8 the first month, after that they remove the old files.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Tatu - thx for the note there. Still waiting on enough money to afford a new laptop...
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

Draconisaurus wrote:Tatu - thx for the note there. Still waiting on enough money to afford a new laptop...
Good luck with that! I been trying to get my hands on a the jeep used in JP but I not made of money sadly. (But I am getting a job which I get to work at my home as a IHSS worker. Pay is meth but it better then minimum wage)
~Dr.Shaw

Myg
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Myg »

Thanks to Lee and his special edition! Kudos!