Trespasser Videos not working! Sound but no picture?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Stingm
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

Trespasser Videos not working! Sound but no picture?

Post by Stingm »

I have an I5 laptop with 4gig ram and a hd card. I have the latest patch and atx as well. The game runs perfectly. But the videos don't. I load up and the screen goes black but I can hear everything fine just no picture. I suspect its the graphics card and can't be fixed. Any help appreciated
SpyroGuy
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Re: Trespasser Videos not working! Sound but no picture?

Post by SpyroGuy »

You might be missing some ancient video codecs those files are needing. Didn't the installer ask you about adding a certain video player or codec to your system while/before/after installing the game itself?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I never had a problem showing the videos in Trespasser, and I don't believe you need any special codecs since, if I understand it correctly, are in the source so you don't need them. Try running in Windows 98 mode.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

The game uses Smacker video as many games do. There is usually no codec for Windows Media Player or Video for Windows installed by such games. They ship with a codec DLL in the game directory (SMACKW32.DLL). If anything I'd say Microsoft dropped support for some old functionality to display video images in your Windows version. Did tatu's tip help you?