Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

QueenSasha24
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

Modding Weapon Sounds

Post by QueenSasha24 »

Hello!

I have collected some nice sounds to replace the in-game gunshots with, but am sadly not super familiar with modding Trespasser, and was wondering if anyone would know how to go about replacing the in-game firing sounds in Trespasser.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Modding Weapon Sounds

Post by TheIdiot »

I see you're new here - welcome. :)
As far as modding Tres goes, I'm not sure sound editing is the best place to start. Replacing the sounds is a slightly more complicated process than simply adding them in because you need to import them into either an exsisting TPA file - which I do not recommend at all - or make a new file and add it into the game using one of the two User Patches (Trespasser Custom Edition or ATX; I highly suggest the most recent version of CE). A beginner is probably going to have difficulty with this as it isn't anywhere near as easy as it often is for other, more modern games. The sounds are all packed into a TPA file and use very specific formats when importing. Just a friendly heads up!
If you would like to send me the sounds via Private Message, I'd be glad to do it for you. Might take a little while since I am a bit busy, but I am open to it. Alternately, I'm sure there is a tutorial for it somewhere on here...check the Level Editing forum.