Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Left-handed players....

Post by tatu »

Err... right-to-left, so I don't smear the ink. :yum:
Is it possible it was a left-handed person who like invented the arabic language, the written one? Since you write it from right-to-left, and for lefthanded people you don't smear the ink? :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

Nice to see you two guys are still around here!

Dan, have you tried running TresEd under Linux?
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Dapper Dan wrote:Hi Rebel! You too huh? They say 99% of all left handed people have some form of genius but only 1% of us are smart enough to figure out what it is. ;)
Well, I've never considered myself a genius, but I'm watching the Simpsons now, and I'm damn sure I'm smarter than Homer. :lol:
Dapper Dan wrote: I do just about everything left-handed except batting and using a computer mouse. I've forced myself to learn how to use the mouse with my left hand too. A while back, I was having wrist pain in my right hand and I think running mouse with my right hand exclusively is what caused it. If I feel any stress coming on, I just switch hands and the pain subsides.
Never have wrist pain, but my fingers are stiff these days. I've never tried using a mouse lefty since every computer I've ever sat at had the mouse on the right. I image too, some right handers may do some things lefty, they're just not aware of it.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Funny you should say that, Rebel. For some reason, it's feel more natural for me to hold and play a guitar like a left-handed person would do, even though I'm right handed. :D
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Completely forgot about that, TG. I play the guitar right-handed (when I played). Dan, you play the bass, correct? Left or right?
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

I can use my left hand fine and I could improve it if I did thing like using a mouse or brushing my teeth with that hand but using it with a compute is impossible because you would want the distance from wasd to the mouse the same distance but that would mean having it go far out with not enough space, and it wouldn't feel natural. If there was a mirrored keyboard with was on the right side then I could use it. Also in the windows settings you can make the mouse change clicking from left to right.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

Shep wrote:I can use my left hand fine and I could improve it if I did thing like using a mouse or brushing my teeth with that hand but using it with a compute is impossible because you would want the distance from wasd to the mouse the same distance but that would mean having it go far out with not enough space, and it wouldn't feel natural.
I played shooter games with the arrow keys instead of WASD for years out of habit from games that required nothing more than arrows and SPACE until someone told me that WASD might be more ergonomic and the additional keys around it might come handy, too. Initially it seemed very strange to me to use the slightly displaced letters instead of the designated direction keys, but the transition went smoothly.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

It could be possible for me to try just rigging each key for each movement but it would feel more natural to have a flipped keyboard.

Edit: tried it with keys flipped in trespasser and worked ok but needs some practice.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!