A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Post by machf »

vorob wrote:I completely lost, dunno what to do to have best version of trespasser. Currently, i've got tresp 1.1 and CE patch...
That's good enough.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:
vorob wrote:I completely lost, dunno what to do to have best version of trespasser. Currently, i've got tresp 1.1 and CE patch...
That's good enough.
Yep, you're totally good with that. You only really need ATX at this point if you're looking for a totally unbroken playthrough of some fan-made levels.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

We ought to put up a list of levels which require actual ATX for full functionality.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, you can start thoroughly playing every single released level both with ATX and CE and compile that list.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Lee Arbuco
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Lee Arbuco »

It depends a bit on the definition of "requires". From a game mechanics point of view IIRC, CE can play ATX levels. Because missing functionality could be considered cosmetic components (rain, maps). The spitting dino is stretching the cosmetic definition, but not a show stopper I'd say.

If the definition means play it with 100% ATX features working, then it's a different story.

Aside from rain, as noted in other posts above, it is correct that it should be possible to implement replacements for the missing features in CE through scripting.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Lee Arbuco wrote:The spitting dino is stretching the cosmetic definition, but not a show stopper I'd say.
<snip>
Aside from rain, as noted in other posts above, it is correct that it should be possible to implement replacements for the missing features in CE through scripting.
The spitting dinosaurs in ATX don't use an extended action type, but rather an external configuration file (or a set of them). Given that CE can implement them likewise using external configuration files, I wouldn't consider it lacking the ability in any way. It's only that the required config files are different, that's all.
The only unimplemented extended actiontypes in CE are, IIRC, the rain/snow one and the map one... and as you said, they are cosmetic ones and their lack doesn't make the levels unplayable.
Lee Arbuco
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Lee Arbuco »

In fairness, the scripted spitters do need a T-script addition, to assign the relevant scripts to the dinos and projectiles involved.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

the map one...
Doesn't CE come with a .nut file which has the beginnings of a script for the map function as well?
Lee Arbuco
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Lee Arbuco »

There's a rudimentary HUD sample script, to show how images can been drawn on screen. That sample also includes some commented out stuff of where one could insert some map draw related functionality. It isn't fully implemented though, just some suggestions and hints basically.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Also technically, you can have jumping raptors in CE by pushing them off high terraces of terrain.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Also technically, you can have jumping raptors in CE by pushing them off high terraces of terrain.
True, but what I'm talking about is something more along the lines of the Raptors jumping randomly during the ActBite action of their own accord rather than having to script it yourself.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Also technically, you can have jumping raptors in CE by pushing them off high terraces of terrain.
True, but what I'm talking about is something more along the lines of the Raptors jumping randomly during the ActBite action of their own accord rather than having to script it yourself.
Forget Drac's rants. CE already allows you to have jumping raptors if you enable the formerly disabled dinosaur activities in trespasser.ini and add the necessary activities to the raptors' t-scripts (in this case, I'd say ActJump and ActJumpBite are what you need).
trespasser.ini wrote: ;-----
[Game]
;-----

EnableAiActivityEx=-1
t-script wrote: bool ActJump = true
bool ActJumpBite = true
If it's not working for you, it's that you've done something wrong...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf, I've tried all of those values on Raptors and still to this day have yet to see naturally jumping Raptor-skeleton dinos, and I've had the AIActivites set at -1 ever since I first downloaded CE. Are there some Float values I'm missing or something in my T-Scripts?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

It appears the upload issue have been resolved, including the forum attach issue. I have uploaded the latest version to TresCom.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:It appears the upload issue have been resolved, including the forum attach issue. I have uploaded the latest version to TresCom.
Good. I still can't properly connect to the server through FTP...