A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Translation of the game into Russian.

Post by tatu »

Mof1234567890 wrote:
Растишка wrote:Hello. I'm a Russian-speaking fan of the game. I want to translate it into Russian. I want to ask the CE-patch author to replace ANSI_CHARSET with DEFAULT_CHARSET, wherever possible, especially in the D3DXCreateFontIndirectA function. Because without this the game can not be translated into Russian, since the game incorrectly displays the Cyrillic alphabet. I apologize for my weak English, I use Google translator.
I don’t think this is a good idea. Especially after “Fargus” horrable translation.
It’s better play in English with no translation needed. :yes:
I am gonna say that is a great idea. That is what a community is about, helping each other :) If changing something that is only about allowing more languages to show ingame that is good, not only for the Cyrillic alphabet but to other ones as well. That would allow (even if the chances are low) people from all across the world to translate the game. Remember it is only the text so they will still listen to the English voiceovers, which can help practice the language :) And while I agree you learn better with everything in English, we also want to spread the game and make people see the love it has :pirate:
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'm not 100% on the details here but couldn't we issue an alt language caption string file source for Russian relatively easily?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You'd need to re-build the .TPA files with the translated text in the proper places. And unfortunately, not all the names of the sounds contained therein are known yet (check the listings in my signature), and they're needed for that purpose...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Растишка
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Растишка »

Mof1234567890 wrote:I can help you, but I doubt that Lee will show up here anytime soon. Since he is a busy man I suppose
We'll wait for Lee's answer.
tatu wrote:
Mof1234567890 wrote:
Растишка wrote:Hello. I'm a Russian-speaking fan of the game. I want to translate it into Russian. I want to ask the CE-patch author to replace ANSI_CHARSET with DEFAULT_CHARSET, wherever possible, especially in the D3DXCreateFontIndirectA function. Because without this the game can not be translated into Russian, since the game incorrectly displays the Cyrillic alphabet. I apologize for my weak English, I use Google translator.
I don’t think this is a good idea. Especially after “Fargus” horrable translation.
It’s better play in English with no translation needed. :yes:
I am gonna say that is a great idea. That is what a community is about, helping each other :) If changing something that is only about allowing more languages to show ingame that is good, not only for the Cyrillic alphabet but to other ones as well. That would allow (even if the chances are low) people from all across the world to translate the game. Remember it is only the text so they will still listen to the English voiceovers, which can help practice the language :) And while I agree you learn better with everything in English, we also want to spread the game and make people see the love it has :pirate:
Thanks! :)
machf wrote:You'd need to re-build the .TPA files with the translated text in the proper places. And unfortunately, not all the names of the sounds contained therein are known yet (check the listings in my signature), and they're needed for that purpose...
The game stores the text only in the exe file. A translation of the sound already exists.
I have not translated anything yet, because the game does not see the text. Let's wait for Lee's answer.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Растишка wrote: The game stores the text only in the exe file. A translation of the sound already exists.
No, captions for several phrases are stored together with the sounds in the .TPA files, it's part of the file format. But if you aren't using the original .TPA files and instead have some translated ones, maybe they just didn't add translated captions when they did the translation...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

The game stores the text only in the exe file.
You can edit the .exe file text (menu strings, game hints, etc) using CE's localization feature. It supports multiple files for different languages.
Растишка
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Растишка »

machf wrote:
Растишка wrote: The game stores the text only in the exe file. A translation of the sound already exists.
No, captions for several phrases are stored together with the sounds in the .TPA files, it's part of the file format. But if you aren't using the original .TPA files and instead have some translated ones, maybe they just didn't add translated captions when they did the translation...
I'll see. But how can I open them?
TheIdiot wrote:
You can edit the .exe file text (menu strings, game hints, etc) using CE's localization feature. It supports multiple files for different languages.
Where to find them and how to use them?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Растишка wrote:
machf wrote:
I'll see. But how can I open them?
Use TPAreader. Load the Stream.tpa file into it and you'll see.
Растишка
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Растишка »

machf wrote: Use TPAreader. Load the Stream.tpa file into it and you'll see.
Thank. The program is understandable. But how to edit the text of subtitles? The program can only show them and export the files, but does not accept them back... After their export, they do not shove them back.
Attachments
2018-08-19_143325.png
2018-08-19_143325.png (42.59 KiB) Viewed 8295 times
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You have to type the new text (or paste it) into the box labeled "Captions" when you import a sound...
Overall, it's better if you use EffectsEditor.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Растишка wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:
Where to find them and how to use them?
Read the CE documentation, it's included in there somewhere. I haven't touched it myself as of yet so I can't really help you much there.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Btw, figure I'll mention now that Tres CE has a strange bug on my current computer. The engine would not at first accept that I'd told it to use the "CDrac" mods folder as the active fan mod, then after unrelated actions it started using it and would not switch to others when told. Figuring there is some file update or something that CE isn't doing, any idea what might cause this?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Btw, figure I'll mention now that Tres CE has a strange bug on my current computer. The engine would not at first accept that I'd told it to use the "CDrac" mods folder as the active fan mod, then after unrelated actions it started using it and would not switch to others when told. Figuring there is some file update or something that CE isn't doing, any idea what might cause this?
Well CE have two settings for a mod folder. The first one is "FMPath=" which links to the root of the mods. Then you have "ActiveFM=" which would point to a folder inside the root folder.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Pretty sure I did both of those but I'm hesitant to try changing it lest I frak up which folder is being used again.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Just to be sure, this is what my TPmod.ini file looks like:

Code: Select all

[Paths]
;The directory that mod folders should be installed to. This folder should be located in your main Trespasser directory (where tpassp6.exe is located).
FMPath=Mods

[FM]
;Change this to the name of the mod folder that you would like to play.
ActiveFM=Twilight
If your mods are in a directory named "FMs", you'll want to change the FMPath= line to that, or whatever you've called it. Then you never have to change it again, instead you just change the ActiveFM= line to the name of your modfolder.