TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:24 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

You can get jumping dinosaurs in CE if you re-enable the dinosaur activities that were disabled in the retail version and add the corresponding entries to their t-scripts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:36 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Nah, I know what you mean BZ. CE lacks the sort of jumping that ATX creates, which I agree is awesome. Lee, take note, we'd like jumping dinos in future versions...

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:02 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Yeah, jumping raptors and randomizer for dinosaurs and objects (cards, weapons...)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:04 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Hello, I just signed up cos I encountered an issue.

I play with the default settings at 3840x2160. Everything is nice, except when I reach somewhere in level 3, the game crashes to desktop instantaneously. Tried various things until I set 1920x1080 and it worked fine. So I suspected it was a memory issue. And I was right, I activated the log and it says:

FATAL: CDArray<char>(max=2931000) ran out of memory

I tried to increase the memory settings on trespasser.ini but no luck (dunno what they do). What should I do? I don't wanna play on lower resolutions :(

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:57 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Welcome. Can't really give you any advice on this other than to post up the crash dump results so that when Lee
drops on by he can give it a look. I will say though, that's one helluva screen resolution. My computers are rather
ancient, so I've never seen those numbers.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:56 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Yes, that's 4K resolution. I haven't played it beyond Full HD (1920*1080). My guess is there's just too much detail on the screen at 3840*2160, at least under some conditions. Too many polygons or too many points. There are some arrays declared with that name in the source code which are limted in size to uMAX_NUM_POLYGONS and uMAX_NUM_POINTS, which are 20000 and 4*20000, respectively.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:27 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Is anyone else having trouble running GUIApp CE? I'm using the latest tpass-ce_edtools_v107e
Are there any prerequisites I'm missing? I've tried Win 7 and 10 and a few different computers.
When run it makes a bunch of mostly empty .txt files and a log file but doesn't bring up any GUI https://pastebin.com/CGgMQYUG

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 4:27 am 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Make sure you have the trespasser.ini file and the DLL from the main CE download. That way it should work. You can also try to set "UseDX9=" to false in the trespasser.ini file that will be in the GUIApp folder. Sometimes I get that due to that setting.

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:01 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Also GUIApp has no GUI, only menu options and key commands.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:08 pm 

Draconisaurus wrote:
Also GUIApp has no GUI, only menu options and key commands.

What? GUIApp has a UI. You can play the whole game in GUIApp in theory.

What he means is that the GUIApp only make some .txt files for him. I have the console (debug) option added in the .ini file. When I get what he describe I get the console and nothing else. GUIApp doesn't boot up. Sometimes it does, sometime it does not.

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:17 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Thanks tatu. I was trying to run it as a stand alone program, all good now.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:24 am 

Isolt wrote:
Thanks tatu. I was trying to run it as a stand alone program, all good now.

Glad you got it to work. I don't remember if Lee said at some point what was required or if I just figured it out myself. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76