Second Triceratops on Jungle Road

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

KB-HK 91
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Second Triceratops on Jungle Road

Post by KB-HK 91 »

Hello everyone, so today I was playing Trespasser and came across a second Triceratop on the Jungle Road level, while this really isn't news to anyone it's news to me, I just wasn't sure if there was anything posted about it so I thought I'd mention it. Once you get over the first set of tall dark brown crates (with the helmet and Redhawk next to it), if you go to the right and and up the hill (there's a downed palm tree on the hill if that helps) but any ways at the top of this hill is another Triceratop wandering around before the one fighting the Raptors. The location I wrote down is -2034.0, -132.9, 67.3 I'm sure someone else has all ready found this before but again I thought I'd mention it just in case.
Last edited by KB-HK 91 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: Second Triceratops on Jungle Road

Post by Rebel »

Hello, and welcome. Is that the trike by the plantation house? It's been a while since i played that level, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.
KB-HK 91
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by KB-HK 91 »

Thanks for the welcome! The one that I came across is a bit before it actually. Once you pass the Stegosaurus and kill the second Raptor there is the stack of rails with three crates on top that you knock down to stack up next to the tall dark brown ones to get over the ledge there's a hill to the right. You keep going up the hill and it will eventually level off and there's a Triceratops up there. If you look down to your left you should see the tool shed where the third Raptor is lurking and beyond that is the valley with the wrecked jeep. I'm sorry if my descriptions are a bigger pain than they're worth but I hope this helps. You can see the other Triceratops next to the plantation from the top of this hill if you keep going straight as well. I guess this would be the third actually, I didn't know there was also one down before the hidden valley (Thanks to the TresCom Easter egg section for pointing this out to me :lol: )
Attachments
Here's a screen shot (thanks to Tatu for telling me how to take screen shots)
Here's a screen shot (thanks to Tatu for telling me how to take screen shots)
Tres(Scrn1).jpg (196.09 KiB) Viewed 11045 times
Last edited by KB-HK 91 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Nice find there, and welcome! It's fantastic too see new members post their findings, even if it's already known to us. :)

As for screenshots, have you tired pressing the "PrtSc" button the the keyboard? The screenshots are located in your Trespasser installations folder.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
KB-HK 91
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by KB-HK 91 »

Thanks, it's great being in the TresCom forums! I figured you guys had to know about it all ready though, I've been playing the game sense about 2006 and I always loved the jungle road level, but this whole time I never even knew about the other Triceratops by the dead end road and it's mentioned right in the Easter eggs section let alone the third, so you'll have to forgive my excitement. I'm just happy to know Trespasser still has surprises left in it even if it's only news to me :). Thanks for the screen shot tips too that helped out a lot! I actually took one!
tatu

Post by tatu »

You're welcome. It's rare that we get a fan these days that still find the stuff like that. Some of us here have looked at the levels so many times with the editor TresEd that it's difficult to play the levels anymore, atleast for me, I already know most things by heart lol.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
KB-HK 91
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by KB-HK 91 »

Yeah I'm horrible at modding and editing, I didn't even actually know how to use the tele cheat properly until today lol. I could see how the levels would loose their luster, all I have to play is the retail levels and the demo so as far as exploring goes it's just me wondering around aimlessly looking everywhere. I never find anything so this trike was a welcome surprise. I downloaded the v1.1 patch the other day so that helped freshen the game up too.
I am Brundlefly!
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Don't spoil any more stuff for youself looking at the easter eggs sections, just go out and explore yourself :wink:
KB-HK 91
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by KB-HK 91 »

Sounds good to me, that's exactly what I'm gonna do :D
I am Brundlefly!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote:You're welcome. It's rare that we get a fan these days that still find the stuff like that. Some of us here have looked at the levels so many times with the editor TresEd that it's difficult to play the levels anymore, atleast for me, I already know most things by heart lol.
This is very true lol. I know the retail levels almost as well as the back of my hand. The ability to fly around at very fast speeds in TresEd means we have become so familiar with the levels that it is almost impossible to be surprised by anything in them.