Secrets.doc - Trespasser Unimplemented Secrets

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

killergame
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Secrets.doc - Trespasser Unimplemented Secrets

Post by killergame »

I was digging around the source code of trespasser, there's a few documents in there from when trespasser was being actively worked on but it was quite interesting as to what they were planning for secrets, like a talking raptor or a UFO. I have formated the document to show the name and the description here, although the document also includes the table fields: Implemented?, Level and Assigned To. But they are rather pointless other than the fact that you can clearly see where certain levels were merged or abandoned as secrets were placed elsewhere.

The document starts with the opening:
This list is for all cool things (both secret stuff and non-secret tweaks and bells and whisltes) which don't affect overall gameplay that we might like to do but haven't put in yet. It lists in the description under Needs: anything which it doesn't seem like the designers can do themselves.
Secret Name Description (update with exact steps after implementation)[/color] :-
Phone message 1 :- Player enters XXXX on a phone. "_____" sample plays. Needs: sample.
Phone message 2 :- (etc) Player enters XXXX on a phone. "_____" sample plays. Needs: sample.
UFO :- Player goes somewhere and does something specific, and a UFO flies by overhead, using animation system. Needs: ufo asset and animation
Talking Raptor :- Player goes somewhere hard to get to and finds a raptor which speaks English instead of growling. Needs: the tion of an extra Dinosaur Type in code in order to support a unique set of vocal samples; raptor speech samples and vocal objecs
Secret closet :- One of the bungalow closets is less deep than the others - the back wall is breakable, and behind it is a nice gun or two Needs: breakable wall asset
Harry Greenwood :- Player uses the lever in the floodgate control building, then climbs up into the floodway in the dam, finding the corpse of Harry Greenwood and hearing some special audio and finding a gun.
Hunter Corpses :- Hook up Hammond's death reports to various hunter corpses through the game
Basketball hoop :- Player gets basketball through the hoop (preferably from the top): Anne's basketball speech plays
Horseshoes :- Horseshoes and horseshoe stake to play with. (should getting a ringer while not standing near the pole make something special happen?)
Sacrifical Altar :- have an altar, some bones, and the sacrificial dagger somewhere hard to get to. sacrificial dagger could be an extra-damaging weapon) Needs: altar asset - can be hacked from existing maps probably.
Level Change to Test Scene :- have some ridiculously hard sequence of events cause a level change to Test Scene to happen. Level changing back would either require us to restart the level we just left (so the change to TestScene should be near the beginning), or else we would have to have a special scene file for the level putting Anne back near where she left when she returns. Needs: space on CD for TestScene, possibly new scene file for returning to level
Secret Teleport 1 :- Have some obscure sequence of events or just some hard to get to location have a teleport which takes Anne some place she can't otherwise get to.
Secret Teleport 2 :- (etc) Have some obscure sequence of events or just some hard to get to location have a teleport which takes Anne some place she can't otherwise get to.
Tri Damage Have a big T in Quad Damage style spinning somewhere hard to get to. When Anne touches it, it falls over. It can be either a really effective club or (if we could get trigger support) perhaps it can increase the damage value of the gun you are holding or something. Needs: Tri Damage asset
Dino prod :- (in secrets because we haven’t implemented it yet) A club which causes a special particle effect (i.e. it has a special "zap" sound material, and a particle effect which goes with that material). It can either be really damaging, or perhaps it can do tranq damage (if that works on clubs and not just guns) lso, sacrificial dagger could be an extra-damaging weapon) Needs: electricity particle effect
Rex Howler :- (like the dino prod, in secrets because we haven't implemented it yet) A pole with a stand, an animating light on top, and a button which is a separate physics box - make a collision trigger which, when you touch the button, sets the thing to howling for a while (and the light animating), turning it into a big stay-away object. Needs: howler asset
Garage Elevator :- make the town garage elevator work, put something secret out of reach and you have to ride it to get it
Warehouse elevators :- make the warehouse elevators work, put something secret out of reach
Pet Raptor put a raptor somewhere hard to get which is on a different team than all other dinos, and which will never kill Anne
Working jeep :- have a jeep with a key in the ignition, wheels, but no steering wheel. touching key starts jeep, it starts up and moves forward quickly for few meters and knocks something big over which Anne is not be able to knock over herself Also needs: car starting sound effect; car running sound effect (since it will crash, it doesn't have to be a loop); modification to jeep to have a key
The flower :- Have the pickable flower somewhere. Hitting dinos with it raises their love factor. It only works for a while, and then either disappears or gets replaced with a "wilted" version… Needs: pickable flower (use from E3) and possibly wilted version
Something behind a waterfall :- this is rather cliched and tired, but we could do it - would require a fair amount of modeling though Needs: space behind a waterfall
something under water like a dino howler maybe - give players a reason to go into water
Street hockey :- hockey sticks and a puck or a ball or something to play with. Needs: puck or ball asset
Golf golf club and golf ball, maybe indoors, one of those indoor putting practice things? Needs: golf ball asset
Special drawer :- do something special, and a desk drawer (or a cupboard, or any other previously locked container) opens, revealing something cool
Medieval mace :- put this object somewhere, give it a good damage (not really a secret, more a reminder)
Shooting range :- pop-up targets, some guns, and a button which will make the whole thing go Needs: pop-up target assets
portable radio :- if Brady can come up with some radio music which is legally cleared, we can put a collision trigger on a separate box on the radio and make it turn on/off Needs: radio song(s)
breakable TV :- we can have TVs which break when they get shot or dropped hard enough by doing either mesh substitution (there's a tube-missing asset somewhere, I think), or just a texture animation of the screen. a unique particle effect for the TV sound material whose min threshold is set so it doesn't go unless the TV actually breaks would complete the effect Needs: broken & unbroken version combined into a single mesh-substitutable version, or else a broken screen texture
watchable TV :- providing we can spare the texture memory, we could put some TV frames into an animated texture, and have a remote control which you need to find and press the use key when near theTV to get the animation to happen. Since we can have two different animation tracks, we could have two different channels. Needs: some TV loops
Dino death comments :- tie to the Dino Use document. use the dino death stuff we've recorded for Anne, figuring out a scheme for when each one is going to happen
gun pickup comments :- tie to the Gun Use document, figure out a scheme for when Anne says each of the gun pickup comments we have recorded
Other unused Anne comments there are probably a few other Anne comments not currently attached to things or listed elsewhere in this list which could be hooked up to stuff
Working Soda Machine :- Hit a coin asset on the coin slot part of a soda machine, and have a can teleport into the receptacle. Needs: coin asset, changes to machine asset to have a receptacle that will work, uncrushed can asset
Gold bar ATM :- Put an ATM card into slot and then enter a certain code on an ATM, and have it give you a gold bar. Needs: ATM asset (Rich is foolish enough to think he can make this himself out of existing maps in a small amount of time).
Hammond's computer :- I'm not sure if we ever put this together to accept disks and display screens, but if we haven't, at this point it really counts as a secret. Needs: screens
Trike-dozer :- Get a trike to knock something down for you so you can get somewhere. Should be doable with StayNear?
Destructable structure :- Get something like the little wooden shack or a scaffolding to be made of several breakably-magneted pieces so a T-Rex or something else big can knock it apart while you are in it May need: asset changes to be fully breakable
Tough movement puzzle 1 :- Hide some object in a really, really out of the way place which it might not seem at all like you can get to (or that you might not even think to try to get to, but some player will)
Tough movement puzzle 2 :- , etc Hide some object in a really, really out of the way place which it might not seem at all like you can get to (or that you might not even think to try to get to, but some player will)
Something behind a landslide :- revive the concept of the landslide and area with something cool behind the landslide from the PH. Needs: specific landslide terrain texture
Raptor Kong :- A big one, but could be cool and of course is vitally important to preserving the Underworld/System Shock tradition of spoofing a classic arcade game in 3D. Probably would work best as three or so metal platforms, tilted and each lower one sticking out past the low edge of the one above. A raptor has to stand motionless just above the top. Teleport barrels in at intervals and give them a kick, and they should just roll down the platforms one after the other, quite possibly doing lots of damage to Anne (we may need compound barrels for them to roll better). Suspend a sledgehammer under one of the platforms, and write some special collision triggers for the hammer and any of the barrels used here which will teleport the barrels away if Anne hits them. This just leaves the problem of the ladders. We could do elevators in the middle of the platforms, but then the barrels would fall through them on Anne all the time. Probably the thing to do is just make it so Anne can run all the way to the end where the barrels fall down and jump from there up to the next level. When Anne reaches the top level, the raptor has to run away.
Dino sex :- Anne comes upon two trikes mating. Needs: way to make trikes look like they are mating. The Rear Back Command coupled with a Stay Near of the other trike, which is commanded to stay still, perhaps?
The passive victory :- Allow player to "win" if they run the game on the beach for 48 hours. Do something funny and clever like bring up an overlay or print some subtitles when they "win." Have some additional jokes along the way, like something about how hungry or sleepy Anne is after like 12 hours…
Bizarre screen :- Player enters a combination I forget right now on the Security Console, and the screen changes to show the "Wyckoff-Mounier Pscyhological Device." Pressing any button restores screen to normal.
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Re: Secrets.doc - Trespasser Unimplemented Secrets

Post by LtSten »

I remember reading this before, I think it's been mentioned too.
I like how much thought they put into the dino sex possibility...
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

It would be cool if someone actually edited the levels and put some of the doable stuff into it :)
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Tri Damage Have a big T in Quad Damage style spinning somewhere hard to get to. When Anne touches it, it falls over. It can be either a really effective club or (if we could get trigger support) perhaps it can increase the damage value of the gun you are holding or something. Needs: Tri Damage asset
This one's in Pine Valley in the Mayan Ruins. There's a stone in the center of it that you can pull out and it's kinda jammed into the wall because it got moved somehow in the development. Don't know if it works or not, but me and Draco found it while we were digging through the level one day. The big "T" is in The Lost World style JP font.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Ha! This is too awesome! The amount of ideas and ambition they had is amazing, and it's surprising how they could actually put some of this actually in-game.

Also, I love how some of this stuff ended up on the fan levels, specially the original Trescom level and TC. Like having an object to keep the Rex away, that's fantastic :mrgreen:
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Some notes.
killergame wrote:Secret closet :- Maybe this is what went into the Plantation House? The hidden gun and gold bar.
Harry Greenwood :- I guess they made this after the cut the Plains level, instead of finding him in a cave.
Hunter Corpses :- Not sure why this would be a secret really, since they could be found all around Acent I, but I guess that these remains had a known history comparing to the other ones found in the game.
Basketball hoop :- Made it into the game (sort-of). Broken but works if edited in TresEd.
Horseshoes :- I wonder why they put it here since in pre-release screenshots they had this in Industrial Jungle.
Sacrifical Altar :- Made its way into JPDS (lol :P )
Level Change to Test Scene :- Not so hard sequence of events they made.
Secret Teleport 2 :- Found in build 96 Pine Valley as said before.
Dino prod :- Found in-game. Town level.
Garage Elevator :- Seems like they didn't get the elevator to work before making it unmovable in the final.
Warehouse elevators :- Guess they made you use boxes instead :P
Working jeep :- I don't think they would ever be able to make this looking good since not even our most experience member can do that.
The flower :- Flower made into build 96 Industrial Jungle, not working properly however.
portable radio :- "on the radio and make it turn on/off" Wait, I don't recall a radio in the game?
Dino death comments :- Used in Acent I
gun pickup comments :- Used in Beach level
Working Soda Machine :- Fan-made one by Rebel (I think)
Destructable structure :- Kinda made into the Plantation House.
Bizarre screen :- Found in the town level.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."