Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Wolfer
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Narration text

Post by Wolfer »

Hello Trespasser fans!
I need the full narration text of Trespasser, but I can not find it. I would like translate it into hungarian, to feel better the mood of the game. Please, send me a link from this.
Thanks
Wolfer
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Narration text

Post by tatu »

Hello, welcome to TresCom!

I believe the CE patch allows you to translate the game? Or maybe it is only the menus, I can't remember. I am pretty sure I remember a tool to only change the subtitles somewhere around here.
In any case, this might be useful: http://www.trescom.org/articles/trespas ... -list-3-0/
This includes used and unused voiceovers :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Welcome aboard! :)

Trespasser Custom Edition (CE) includes text files which contain all of the strings used in the game, which you can modify to your liking. These only exist in CE, otherwise you'd probably have to re-write the .TPA files yourself, which would be a lot of work. I think it even supports additional text files for translations, but I've never really tried it out.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome to TC...

You'll want to install Trespasser CE: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10674
TI - you're sure the CE string modification thing works for TPA subtitles? Those are stored in Stream.tpa (and are not EXE strings), editable using TPA Reader (download section)...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

TI - you're sure the CE string modification thing works for TPA subtitles? Those are stored in Stream.tpa (and are not EXE strings), editable using TPA Reader (download section)...
Now that you mention it, no, actually, I'm not sure about that...hmm. I know you can edit the Hint and Interface text, but you might be right, that you have to edit the TPAs themselves. I hardly ever use TPA Reader now. I prefer to use Effects Editor, but I can't say anything about adding subtitles with that tool as I have yet to try it.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Well, I do have a transcription of the John Hammond memoir (both from the game and the script combined into one file) if that will help. It does not have Anne's lines, however.

http://jurassictime.trescom.org/files/J ... ext%29.doc
Wolfer
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Wolfer »

Hello everybody!
Thanks for all answers!
Of course, I use Lee Arbuco's brilliant patch: tpass-CE, but I do not want to change it, I just want to know what it's all about.
I just know a little English, I translate the text word by word.
Thanks for the help!
Wolfer