Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Noble Specter
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Extracting Trespasser in-game guns

Post by Noble Specter »

Hey guys,
I'm new to the modding scene here and I'm requesting to ask if there is some possible means to extract the following weapons from the game (The models from in-game) and import them into blender.

- Cattle Prod (Tazorgun)
- Tranquilizer Rifle
- Revolver
- Scoped Rifle

Thank you
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: Extracting Trespasser in-game guns

Post by Rebel »

Hey, welcome. Don't know anything about blender, but you can export any object as a .3ds or
.tpm (trespasser model format). Can you import 3ds' into blender? I would assume so since I
know milkshape 3d can (although 3ds' aren't so great a format).

Anyways, using tresed you can extract any model. I think there's a database around here too
but I'd assume that'd be in .tpm format.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Someone made a .tpm import script for Blender some time ago, I think...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Noble Specter
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Noble Specter »

Anyways, using tresed you can extract any model. I think there's a database around here too
I have TresEd_2003-08-29, and the only thing I managed to get it to do right was reading the .swp along with their .pid files, namely the Dino lvl containing all the 3d models of the dinosaur and the Armory level file containing many different guns that I'm certain are not from the original game (The description even says weapons found throughout the Internet and converted for use within Trespasser). Both these files were downloaded from the editing sub-section of the download section of the main Trescom website.

If someone is aware of a custom level containing all the original weapons of the game, I would really appreciate a link to it. Custom levels like the aforementioned ones from the editing subsection (Dino level and Armory), because I can't get TresEd to open anything from the main game files.
There is a well known export plugin for Blender 2.6, but no Import one. Incidentally, as far as recent developments are concerned, I downloaded tpass-ce_edtools_v107e and Tres_Millennium from the main Trescom website and tried testing them for any useful purposes for modding. Needless to say that, nothing could be gained from these two files, as they proved difficult to fully understand and require external knowledge far beyond the scope and focus of resource extraction.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

The cattleprod is in the zip below. I don't know of any scope rifle other than the sniper rifle in
tc-isle (that's in the zip as well). You have to be more specific about the revolver as there are
a lot of handguns in trespasser.

I'm a little perplexed as to why tresed is giving you trouble. Once you load a level, the swap
file is created so that you can load the level in the editor. Of course, you're not able to alter
anything unless you've done a hard drive installation of the game.
Attachments
prod.zip
cattleprod
(86.73 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Noble Specter wrote:
I have TresEd_2003-08-29,
The last one was TresEd_2003-11-21. Whay aren't you using that one?
and the only thing I managed to get it to do right was reading the .swp along with their .pid files, namely the Dino lvl containing all the 3d models of the dinosaur and the Armory level file containing many different guns that I'm certain are not from the original game (The description even says weapons found throughout the Internet and converted for use within Trespasser).
It DOES have all the original ones, too. They are right outside the playable area.
Both these files were downloaded from the editing sub-section of the download section of the main Trescom website.

If someone is aware of a custom level containing all the original weapons of the game, I would really appreciate a link to it. Custom levels like the aforementioned ones from the editing subsection (Dino level and Armory), because I can't get TresEd to open anything from the main game files.
Sounds like you haven't converted the .SPZ files from the retail into .SWP files (unfortunately, TresEd can only load the uncompressed files). There's a tool called swpz.exe which can help you with that, it's drag-and-drop.
There is a well known export plugin for Blender 2.6, but no Import one.
Hmmm, right, Dragonlord's is an export plugin. Apparently he didn't care about writing an import one since he opted instead for exporting from TresEd to .3DS format and importing that into Blender...
Incidentally, as far as recent developments are concerned, I downloaded tpass-ce_edtools_v107e and Tres_Millennium from the main Trescom website and tried testing them for any useful purposes for modding. Needless to say that, nothing could be gained from these two files, as they proved difficult to fully understand and require external knowledge far beyond the scope and focus of resource extraction.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Noble Specter
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Noble Specter »

The cattleprod is in the zip below. I don't know of any scope rifle other than the sniper rifle in
tc-isle (that's in the zip as well). You have to be more specific about the revolver as there are
a lot of handguns in trespasser.

Thank you so much Rebel.
I'm a little perplexed as to why tresed is giving you trouble. Once you load a level, the swap
file is created so that you can load the level in the editor. Of course, you're not able to alter
According to Machf, I'm suppose to convert spz files from the retail game to an swp file, before I can use TresEd to edit them. I wish there was a Trespasser discord channel, where it would be easier to explain myself in live chat.
I'm not so sure. I can't even recall where I downloaded this from, but it certainly wasn't from Trescom tools section (which has the updated version). Thanks for letting me know though.
It DOES have all the original ones, too. They are right outside the playable area.
Alright, while you are correct that the original ones are outside the playable area, these don't include melee/no ammunition weapons such as the Taser or the cattle prod.
Sounds like you haven't converted the .SPZ files from the retail into .SWP files (unfortunately, TresEd can only load the uncompressed files). There's a tool called swpz.exe which can help you with that, it's drag-and-drop.
There you have it. I haven't gotten to attempt that yet, but the fact is that somehow I missed that small bit of information before I started using TresEd.

So that's that. Anyway, you seem to have quoted my last sentence, but there is no response to that. Was there anything more you wanted to add :?:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Noble Specter wrote:
According to Machf, I'm suppose to convert spz files from the retail game to an swp file, before I can use TresEd to edit them.
Yeah, the game does it automatically for each level you load, but they get automatically deleted later to save space.
I wish there was a Trespasser discord channel, where it would be easier to explain myself in live chat.
The problem may be that people here at TresCom are at way different timezones all over the world.
I'm not so sure. I can't even recall where I downloaded this from, but it certainly wasn't from Trescom tools section (which has the updated version). Thanks for letting me know though.
You're welcome.
Alright, while you are correct that the original ones are outside the playable area, these don't include melee/no ammunition weapons such as the Taser or the cattle prod.
Hmmm, I never thought of the cattle prod or the taser as much of a weapon...
There you have it. I haven't gotten to attempt that yet, but the fact is that somehow I missed that small bit of information before I started using TresEd.

So that's that. Anyway, you seem to have quoted my last sentence, but there is no response to that. Was there anything more you wanted to add :?:
Well, I couldn't think of anything right then, and ended up just letting it there...
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:
Noble Specter wrote: I wish there was a Trespasser discord channel, where it would be easier to explain myself in live chat.
The problem may be that people here at TresCom are at way different timezones all over the world.

ACUTALLY, MikeTheRaptor made one a few month back but we just haven't put much time into it, but feel free to join: https://discord.gg/uBmYWQG
I believe the official TresEd site is linking to the old one, so it might be where you got it. :)

As for Blender, tag MikeTheRaptor on the Discord, he is the only one I am aware of working in Blender. The Export plugin for Blender we have is not working properly cause for whatever reason it appear it only works for the version of Blender it was made for. The only work-around we've found so far is to export it to 3ds Max (which is work by itself) and export it from there. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

machf wrote: The problem may be that people here at TresCom are at way different timezones all over the world.
. . . I personally took up permanent residence in the twilight zone, a long, long time ago. :lol:
Noble Specter
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Noble Specter »

Well, I have joined the Trescom Discord page. Here is to hoping a rise in re-emerging interest of classic 90's dinosaur game. Topics like status of RTJP really interest me.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome, to Jurassic Weld: Trespasser.

Sucks that there's no Blender import script. Worst case, recent copies of 3DS Max are free for a month before you have to buy (or hack) it, you could build up a supply of everything you want in Blender within a Max scene and go from there.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Welcome, to Jurassic Weld: Trespasser.

Sucks that there's no Blender import script. Worst case, recent copies of 3DS Max are free for a month before you have to buy (or hack) it, you could build up a supply of everything you want in Blender within a Max scene and go from there.
Unless you are a student and can get a free student copy ;)

I would guess it would be possible to port the model over to the free Gmax as well as there are scripts for that. But no experience about that.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Noble Specter
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Noble Specter »

Welcome, to Jurassic Weld: Trespasser.

Thanks for the Welcome Chaoticiandrac. I was under the impression that most of you guys here would be at Discord, but that place only has two active members, one being MikeTheRaptor, and the other one being mleise. I actually sent you a personal message last Tuesday regarding textures.

I asked MiketheRaptor if where I could find a texture pack containing all the textures from vanilla Trespasser. I also asked him about why the UV mapping of 3ds objects are messed up when imported in blender and how I can export the models from TresEd correctly with textures to blender.

He told me you would know something about it.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Aha. Well the "Tres Texture Archive" can be found in the Tres File Box in my sig, which contains many but not all textures. As for exporting into Blender... Who here is familiar with that? I remember a TPM script written, I forget if it was export or import. But basically the 3DS file format sucks, in and out of Trespasser matters. You might want to try installing gmax.