Update, October 2012

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Update, October 2012

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:Forum organization doesn't have anything to do with the community or any projects, it's an administrative matter. And if anyone is to blame, it should be Drac for making a mess of the forum structure in the first place *without asking anyone* back then when he had administration rights.
I was talking about moving topics into sub-sections where they probably didn't belong. And why blame Draco for this? His organization worked fine. Now there is even more sub-forums in the sub-forums.
I'm so tired that you guys always blame Draco as soon as something happens. Even earlier this year when I wrote in the source topic in the admin section you guys blamed Draco to be behind what I said, when he wasn't. I'm still aware of stuff you blamed him for like Hppav's topic in the admin section about how Draco wanted to take over TresCom and so on. Stop using him as the black sheep of everything.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

tatu wrote:His organization worked fine. Now there is even more sub-forums in the sub-forums.
Not really… I have nothing at all against Draco but things were a mess with the sub forums, and there isn't more sub forums there are less, - 4 to be exact.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Mickey wrote:
tatu wrote:His organization worked fine. Now there is even more sub-forums in the sub-forums.
Not really… I have nothing at all against Draco but things were a mess with the sub forums, and there isn't more sub forums there are less, - 4 to be exact.
I liked how the forum was before he changed it, it was streamlined, now it's... a mess.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
tatu

Post by tatu »

How come no one complained about it until now? If you really think it is a mess, why have it been almost 3 years before anyone even started to do anything about it? And you can't blame Draco about it when you're doing the same thing now. Why didn't you stop him back then if you didn't like what he was doing?
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Enough talk about draco already, some forums moved around deal with it…

I explained why I didn’t tell you or anyone what was happening, in the future I will.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

tatu wrote:why have it been almost 3 years before anyone even started to do anything about it?
No need to be hostile. I'm in charge of Forum Administration and none of these mooks can do anything to you without first bringing it up to me. And personally I like you, even if you sometimes take things the wrong way. :mrgreen:

It is only now that Mickey has received the ability and permission from MP to work on the website and forums, as well as had the time to do it. It's been on the table that entire time, it's just that none of us really had the time to do anything about it ourselves.

I discussed forum reorganization with the other admins a while ago and saw that it was necessary. No one informed me it was actually being done until I was asked if the JPO forums could be combined. For that I am disappointed but change is inevitable. Nothing can stay the same for too long or else it dies out. That's true for everything. We may not like the change or the change may be difficult to get used to, but it's a necessary part of life.

Machf wasn't casting new blame on Draco, in fact I'm half to blame for it too as I had originally OK'd Draco's first version of the forum layout for a different site which would have been created if TresCom actually shut down during the Gamespy fiasco in 2009. We were planning on doing a general Jurassic Park site. After MP's return from vacation and set up the new server, Draco decided he wanted to make TresCom that site as it already had an established community. I didn't really agree with him but he changed the forums to what he shot by me earlier. That got pared down to what it was until recently due to the massive outrage he caused by doing it.

I think that was the misunderstanding that most things that came after snowballed onto. You have to remember that during that time I was essentially in charge of all of TresCom, not just the forum but the site and all the affairs related to it and MP took a backseat. I think Draco took what I said to him to mean that I was giving him permission to do it.

So there is that, no spin, no Draco bashing. Just what happened. I screwed up, he screwed up. What's done is done.

I had spent two of those years getting essentially berated for my knee-jerk reaction to what Draco was doing concerning the site, hence my hostility the last few times this topic has come up. I won't make excuses, but I won't take all the blame either.

Consider the Draco situation over. No one bring it up anymore. We can't focus on one single blotch in our history and let it define us. We are better than that and I have grown up since then. And quit looking to the past as the golden age of TresCom and work to bring another in the future. Division will only tear us down, not build us up.

I'm sorry for snapping at you in the past and I sincerely apologize. I hope we can all put this nonsense behind us and get back to doing what we are here to do.

Together.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

. . . So poetic. :P

But I agree, with so few of us, we can only do this together. :)
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

As for why some of us didn't do anything all this time, many of us have been busy, I'm deaing with some very serious matters off the internet regarding court and it practically absorbs my entire life right now making anything else a struggle to juggle.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Very shortly after we got the Beta was when I started having severe connection problems that lasted several months until I got tired about it and switched providers. And I remember undoing parts of what Drac did back then, but it was a lot...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I thought Draco's setup made things more ordered but that's just me.
tatu

Post by tatu »

glitchhunter09 wrote:I thought Draco's setup made things more ordered but that's just me.
I thought so too.

However, I'm don't see why we are talking about how things were moved around 3 years ago. I asked why things were moved around now. And since I'm the last active member of the JPDS (Draco left me in charge for it), I thought I had some say in if the two JPDS sub-forums were to be put into one.
And the other thing was about topics being moved into this forum, topics not even part of this project (they have been moved back from what I can see). The mess I talked about was that whole sub-forums were moved without any information, but Mickey explained.

And I'm sorry if I sounded hostile.

Now this is getting off-topic to much here. :P
Blapeuh
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Blapeuh »

Is there anything interesting to report about the progress of this project?
Are there completed levels? Or has there been some interesting developments in the recent months?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Blapeuh wrote:Is there anything interesting to report about the progress of this project?
Are there completed levels? Or has there been some interesting developments in the recent months?
There is really only me working on it, and I haven't done anything in the past months. However, I do have an almost working version of the town level which I could release if I spend some time on it. I could always release the latest one I have, however it contains some crashes. We'll see.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bastion Monk
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Bastion Monk »

There is really only me working on it
It that still the case?

Are there any 'canonial' updates of any Trespasser level?

I saw Final Trespasser - The Beach among the downloads, but I can't see if this is a 'canonial' update or a personal remake.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Bastion Monk wrote:
There is really only me working on it
It that still the case?

Are there any 'canonial' updates of any Trespasser level?

I saw Final Trespasser - The Beach among the downloads, but I can't see if this is a 'canonial' update or a personal remake.
It is, and TBH, atm it is how I want it, since I'm aware what I want to do with it.

Not atm, I am working on the beach level.

Final Trespasser - The Beach is not a part of this project.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."