TresCom Town - Ideas

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

TresCom Town - Ideas

Post by tatu »

If anyone got an idea you want to have in te TresCom Town level, write it here.

Here's a list of what's planned to be in it:
- Monorail
- Harbor
- Forest
- Museum
- Office Section (Where you work)

All ideas are welcome!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: TresCom Town - Ideas

Post by machf »

Too much, IMO, I'd just keep it as a park/place, streets, trees and/or lamp posts, and of course, the various houses. Maybe some cars parked in front.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

tatu wrote:Monorail
From where, to where? Sounds like too much for a little town, the Burroughs might have had a station, but even it didn't have a whole monorail.
tatu wrote:Harbor
Harbor? That's too much, maybe small docks, but not a whole harbor.
tatu wrote:Museum
Yeah, sounds good. But what will the museum be about? Art? Natural history? Technology? The TC Ops? John Hammond?
...Actually, a John Hammond museum would be interesting... We could have buttons that you press to activate entries from his memoir.
tatu wrote:Office Section (Where you work)
What? Will here will be an office building or something?

How about a small zoo or a farm? So far the only animals, other than dinosaurs, might only be Cow, Chicken, Rhino and Pig, but it could be fun and give the player something to kill.
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

Nick3069 wrote:
tatu wrote:Museum
Yeah, sounds good. But what will the museum be about? Art? Natural history? Technology? The TC Ops? John Hammond?
...Actually, a John Hammond museum would be interesting... We could have buttons that you press to activate entries from his memoir.
I suggested that from the other thread, some ideas were of it being events of Trespasser/Trescom with text, and some imagery even audio commentary in some places where text would be a bit too much.
A John Hammond museum, that would be interesting actually, if its to be put into the retail engine anyway. I'm sure someone actually created a log of events of Hammond somewhere here.

Here's the mention of the monorail and deigns tatu has in mind
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=4722&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... =90#p92376
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

machf wrote:Too much, IMO, I'd just keep it as a park/place, streets, trees and/or lamp posts, and of course, the various houses. Maybe some cars parked in front.
I'm throwing my two-cents in with machf's: I'd say stick to the original idea, a nice suburban area with houses, streets, a center park, etc.

If you want a museum, how about a museum dedicated to us? To TresCom, to our levels, tools, users. Don't recycle Hammond's voiceovers, just make the level about us fans. :)
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah the museum idea was fleshed out to a degree in the other thread. Basically a record of Trespasser Modding history (including little objects and/or screenshots from famous mods). A Hammond Museum sounds cool-ish but not really necessary, with what all we've got already..

I also agree that a smallish dock area would be better than a harbor. I'm still in favor of making this town be on a tiny little island that is only just barely bigger than the town itself. Perhaps the monorail idea should just be scrapped. They (we) probably wouldn't even need buses, here :lol: but I'll bet there will be some, anyway.

As for the offices, I kinda like the idea except that it starts raising questions of redundancy, if we're already filling our houses with things that represent us. Still, I do have an idea for a more specific office space..

And yes, here in Iowa City, there are many trees around. Many. Cities without trees kinda make me sick, so let's be sure there are plenty, here. :yum: Instead of a TresCom-ified Burroughs, we can give a totally new look to this town..
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Our Main Street is tree lined until you reach downtown where there are only trees around the court house. It's quite awesome driving and downtown spreads out around you. Now if only they had something interesting in the downtown area. :lol:
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

Then make it :yum:

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I don't have the time, unfortunately. Or even the plans...
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

The Addams family's mansion? :lol:
What is that house for? The Sims 2?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

OMFG, Machf! :lol:

Tell ya what. If you can reduce the poly yourself, we'll put it in. :P

tatu

Post by tatu »

lol xP