Are we finishing this?

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Antispam: No

Are we finishing this?

Post by jetblack »

This would really be an awesome project to finish, and it wouldn't be too hard to pull off. Sure, we have the beta now and it's kinda pointless, but it would be fun nonetheless.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Re: Are we finishing this?

Post by hppav »

With Draco no longer running this we need a new whip cracker :lol:
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

:lol: Good point. We could always take a vote.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol, voting won't do any good here. You need someone who actually WANTS to put that kind of dedication into it. Anyway, I am interested in assisting a full-game Trespasser recreation project, with a couple things in particular, but I will NOT be leading it. I don't think any of the folks who could pull off that leadership position are currently available for such a project. I'm planning on a more detailed decision about what's to become of this whenever I post my next dev journal.
Deino
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Deino »

so.. how are things with this project now? what's new? :)
It's an excelent idea to recreate entire Trespasser game 8) what is already done by now and is the renewed game going to be released?
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

..as much as I can remember, Rex did some basic engine work, but nothing major has ever been done, although I may be wrong.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
Deino
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Deino »

LtSten wrote:..as much as I can remember, Rex did some basic engine work, but nothing major has ever been done, although I may be wrong.
I see)... wait... was it intended to built all the game on some new engine or just by improving original trespasser engine?
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Deino wrote:
LtSten wrote:..as much as I can remember, Rex did some basic engine work, but nothing major has ever been done, although I may be wrong.
I see)... wait... was it intended to built all the game on some new engine or just by improving original trespasser engine?
We were going to make our own engine from the ground up, this position is still open to anyone interested, I can give them my work so far :) I'm still interested in doing this sometime as well, however we would need a team of programmers and artists.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Deino
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Deino »

RexHunter99 wrote:We were going to make our own engine from the ground up, this position is still open to anyone interested, I can give them my work so far I'm still interested in doing this sometime as well, however we would need a team of programmers and artists.
I wonder if it is at all possible to establish such a project on non-commercial ground and accomplish it. entire team must be extremely enthusiastic) engine, locations, models, interface, sound effects\music - all brand new, unimaginable!)
BlackDeath3
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by BlackDeath3 »

Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum, and I'm not really expecting a reply to this anytime soon, given the recent level of activity here, but I was curious as to whether anybody is working on this project currently, or if source code of any kind for this game is available. I'm a CS student at my university aspiring to be a game developer someday, and I'm itching to do some real game programming, but I really don't know how or where to start. Many times I've considered writing my own game or game engine (even if it's small and silly and stupid and useless, simply for educational purposes), but I never know how to go about it. If there is a group of people working on this project wiling to accept one more who is wet behind the ears but curious and enthusiastic, I am interested. I had Trespasser many years ago but have since lost it, but working with a group of people willing to rewrite it sounds too fun to pass up. If not, does anybody have any substantial amount of source code that I can look over, again for educational purposes?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Hello there BlackDeath3. Welcome.
Sorry to say, this project where just going to be a remake of all the Trespasser levels, it still might happen one day. No source code have ever been released from the game.
Re-write the source for Trespasser would take to much time, since most of us are busy. From what we heard from the Trespasser devs, the Trespasser source is really complex, and was a mess, so it wouldn't be a place to learn how to program anyway. Some even say it would take much less time to write a new engine rather than learning the soure code.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."