Tres: Reloaded - HAT

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Tres: Reloaded - HAT

Post by Draconisaurus »

This thread is for discussion and progress reports on Hatchery, part of the expanded level set.
This level is tucked away in the northwest corner of Isla Sorna, essentially adding an optional zone of daytime gameplay between Lab and Ascent. A road leads to the level's area from the Lab complex, but it's yet to be determined if this road will be usable. Otherwise the player must enter by following the rail system which ends at the main harbor. Within these mountain ridges, an enormous cloning/hatching facility may be found which was used to replicate the numbers of embryos that would be required to get sufficient numbers of viable living specimens for the park. Inside this lonely building are rows and rows of machinery and conveyor belts used in the process. Tentatively, the level leads directly into the north shore of Ascent by continuation of the rail, though some sort of puzzle might be in order. Other than this, the level is completely open to the desires of the project leader.
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: Tres: Reloaded - HAT

Post by Anna »

*wonders why nobody has commented*
Hatchery! x3! I bet that means more Raptor-action! And cows!
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

*also wonders* There are several other zero-reply threads in here as well.
Cows! :lol: Idk.. maybe.. Why cows at the hatchery? :yum: Cows might have been used at the Pens for feeding the animals.. But all animals at the Hatchery would have been feed ground meat/vegetable matter of some sort, being so young, I think. Wasn't it goat's meat in TLW novel? Where DX came from..

And yes, there's likely to be some good raptor action somewhere around here.. ;)
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Then goats! It would be fun with a small pack of goats :D.
Oh! Also, the could be a big cage, with "an experiment" inside. You know, a new breed of animal, which didn't went so well...

EDIT: I'm a Parasaurolophus! :D
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

That could be a funny thing...you hear noises and you come upon a goat and wonder "now how the hell did this thing survive" then BAM, raptors appear and eat it
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

LMAO SI, that would be great.

Congrats, Anna. You can now make loud sounds out of a cavity in your skull to warn the herd of coming danger etc. :yum:
A bad experiment dino.... Hmmmmm. Maybe. Perhaps you can try modeling it sometime. ;)

EDIT: Anna, how would you feel about being the project leader of this level? You seem to have good interest in it and some nice ideas..
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Anna wrote:Oh! Also, the could be a big cage, with "an experiment" inside. You know, a new breed of animal, which didn't went so well...
*thinks Ultimasaurus* That's a great idea! :D
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ohhhhhh my, haha.. we'll see. I'd rather the person who models it use their imagination. Also, the Ultimasaurus is a rather.. well it seems more like a successful experiment. x_o
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Draconisaurus wrote:Congrats, Anna. You can now make loud sounds out of a cavity in your skull to warn the herd of coming danger etc. :yum:
YAY x3... *looks forward to become a predator |-(*
A bad experiment dino.... Hmmmmm. Maybe. Perhaps you can try modeling it sometime. ;)
Me? Model it? :|
EDIT: Anna, how would you feel about being the project leader of this level? You seem to have good interest in it and some nice ideas..
Omg.. That was totally unexpected :|.
But erhm.. Yes, I can give both the model and the level a chance xP. I have a feeling that nobody else wants to be the project leader, so.. :P.
Nick3069 wrote:*thinks Ultimasaurus* That's a great idea! :D
*searches Ultimasaurus* Woah! That is a creepy.. Dinosaur? But I would rather make an all-new dinosaur x3. And thanks! :D
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sweet! :D I'll adjust the member assignments list..

And yeah, the Ultimasaurus was a toy from the Chaos Effect JP toy line, where InGen supposedly mixed the DNA of many different prehistoric and modern creatures to create wacky hybrids.. The concept was actually for a cartoon show, but when Spielberg declined to allow it, the material was used solely for the toyline.
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

I made a sketch of the experiment. Any ideas are welcome!

Also, does anyone have any ideas for the Hatchery itself? And are there someone who'll model it? :)
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Anna wrote:I made a sketch of the experiment. Any ideas are welcome!
A veiny 2 fingered raptor? That's very nice, but I was imagining an asymmetrical creature much like the Charger from Left 4 Dead 2 for a "failed" experiment, since Ultimasaurus isn't failed enough. Then again maybe that would be too failed. :P
Anna wrote:Also, does anyone have any ideas for the Hatchery itself?
How about making it like the Hatchery in JP3? We should also implement elements from the the hatchery from JP and the cradles from the lab.
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Nick3069 wrote:A veiny 2 fingered raptor? That's very nice, but I was imagining an asymmetrical creature much like the Charger from Left 4 Dead 2 for a "failed" experiment, since Ultimasaurus isn't failed enough. Then again maybe that would be too failed. :P
*Researches "Charger"* Is it the huge man-thingy? But yeah, probably too failed xD.
I would love to make two heads, but since it have to fit the Trespasser skeleton, I thought I couldn't make it :/. But I've talked with Draco, and he suggested a dead head :P. So I made a new try, any ideas and comments are still welcome!
How about making it like the Hatchery in JP3? We should also implement elements from the the hatchery from JP and the cradles from the lab.
That's a good idea! But it still shouldn't look too much.
Also, I was thinking of some cages (or some places to keep the dinosaurs, after they are born, and when they have grown up)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Holy crap! O,O That new one is totally gross/awesome.

As for cages - there should be some sort of temporary caging facility for the infants, but they'd be immediately shipped off to the Pens, which is just beyond the Lab. They'll need to be expanded for Tres Reloaded, of course, as machf has done..
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Very nice drawing, Anna. =]