New Dinos?

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: New Dinos?

Post by Draconisaurus »

Maaaybe. That would be pretty cool. Question is, what would they look like. I don't think the JP3 ptera would be appropriate. I was already hoping to have a TLW ptera model for JPDS.. perhaps I can just be sure to make that, and we can use it here as well.

....Hmm!!! Maybe one of the big things at Summit can be ptera nests having been made right into some of the facilities and such??
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Draconisaurus wrote:Maaaybe. That would be pretty cool. Question is, what would they look like. I don't think the JP3 ptera would be appropriate. I was already hoping to have a TLW ptera model for JPDS.. perhaps I can just be sure to make that, and we can use it here as well.

....Hmm!!! Maybe one of the big things at Summit can be ptera nests having been made right into some of the facilities and such??

Yeah that's what I was kind of thinking as well.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Regarding the Trike stampede, I shall point to my level PF (Pine Forest) the Alberta that appeared near the radio shack by the lagoon near the start of the level acted as if it was stampeding (once described as it hurtled past Anne and to the lagoon which was rather good since the idea was for the final level that it would be chasing down a herbivore, who's small herd you'd see later in the level) thanks to a little tweaking, this could be adjusted for a Trike to rush at the player, (be sure not to set the player as the target destination, it won't work, the dinos slow down once they near the target or they overshoot it by a large margin with so much speed built up thanks to the momentum)

I'll have to redownload PF and take a poke at the AI I was working on... I did have a few different experiments in there... just that was mainly in the unreleased and lost copy.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Draconisaurus wrote:....Hmm!!! Maybe one of the big things at Summit can be ptera nests having been made right into some of the facilities and such??
I like that idea! Could be fun to find one of those..
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.