Time of Day

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Time of Day

Post by machf »

What about having it happen over two days?
And yes, I've considered the chance of Anne fainting for some hours...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well, my latest version has the game starting at dusk, following into the next day, and ending with the dawn of the day following that.. That's about as long as I'd want to stretch it. I will note that I've considered several possibilities for adding additional levels to the game for exploring alternate routes through the island.. if anyone wants to make suggestions for that, go ahead.
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

Draconisaurus wrote:Well, my latest version has the game starting at dusk, following into the next day, and ending with the dawn of the day following that.. That's about as long as I'd want to stretch it. I will note that I've considered several possibilities for adding additional levels to the game for exploring alternate routes through the island.. if anyone wants to make suggestions for that, go ahead.
Well the second level I forget Where Muldoons House is, there seems to be a second path that was blocked off and at the end It has some really cool music, supposedly where a stampede was going to be (U all know what im talking about) That would be nice to make that path longer and a second route to the end of the level and then maybe that route takes to a completely NEW level (The Coast) IDK just an Idea If you want me to keep going I got more about this idea, I just put part of it out there.
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Well it may be cool to have an alternate way off the island...Anne traveling to an opposite coast, finding a boathouse....something like in the novel. Anyway I won't get big into the discussion because I'm sure drac will want to start a new thread for this discussion
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheRaptorKiller wrote:Well the second level I forget Where Muldoons House is, there seems to be a second path that was blocked off and at the end It has some really cool music,
Not quite sure what you're referring to here. The town is the 4th level in the retail, and 3rd in Tres R. The blocked paths in IT are now being opened..
supposedly where a stampede was going to be (U all know what im talking about) That would be nice to make that path longer and a second route to the end of the level
Yesh, the "hidden valley" where it's believed a trike stampede would have taken place. That section is easily re-encorporatable into JR and certainly will be for our project, without a doubt.
and then maybe that route takes to a completely NEW level (The Coast) IDK just an Idea If you want me to keep going I got more about this idea, I just put part of it out there.
Well, it actually does link up with the far end of the "main" JR route. I suppose it's conceivable that we could allow a path to the left to be pursuable as well - but only if we can think of good content to fill the resulting additional level.
Second Illiteration wrote:Well it may be cool to have an alternate way off the island...Anne traveling to an opposite coast, finding a boathouse....something like in the novel. Anyway I won't get big into the discussion because I'm sure drac will want to start a new thread for this discussion
I was thinking about it, if there's enough interest.. I'll do that now.
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

JR..The Plantation House...Kathy's Beach? I was thinking That Anne Might be going around the Island Along the beach until she reaches the Labs, and along the way she finds an Air strip Deeper into the Jungle with a road that leads to a hatchery area where InGen used the Air strip (Kinda like this one http://www.guy-sports.com/humor/videos/ ... strips.htm ) to Move some of the smaller/medium sized Dinosaurs to Isla Nublar By air, with a Big Plane, and Maybe A Hanger and Holding pens, etc.
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm interesting. Well, I'd rather keep air strips out of this, TBH. The one in JPDS showed me how big and empty a real one would need to be.. just not a good idea for Tres R, IMO.
And the Plantation House was originally supposed to go in PV, which is where it will be moved.

But please - continue this convo in the new thread on this subject, if you wish.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Sorry to dig this up...

But I think Tres should happen over the course of two days. The beach would be late afternoon. There'd be a night sequence somewhere -- Town or Lab, or perhaps the Plantation House. Fight off raptors during the night, Anne takes a few winks...and awakes to the sound of a t-rex trying to break in. Cue collapsing structure, Anne must flee.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

No need to be sorry if you have anything new to say. 8)

I dunno. I don't think enough time passes in the retail game, but TWO whole days? Hmmm actually you know, now that we have a new level "set" with 11 instead of 8, I should remake the time-of-day setup to account for that. Though, I think most new reloaded discussion will ultimately be taking place at Tresgame, mind you...

First off, this is how the previously agreed upon time-of-day progression would look when adding in the new levels.

BE - Dusk/Gathering clouds~starts raining
IJ - Night/Raining on-off~stops raining
PH -
JU -
IT - Night/Starry
PL - Early Dawn/Misty~light fog
PV - Late dawn-Morning/Light fog~clearing
LAB - Noon/Scattered clouds
MV -
AS - Afternoon/Scorching sun
SUM - Dusk/Pretty clouds

Now I'll try to adjust it with the new levels in mind, and see how much time it ends up taking..

BE - Afternoon / Partly cloudy
IJ - Evening / Cloudy, thunder heard
PH - Dusk / Gathering clouds ~ starts raining
JU - Night / Raining on-off ~ stops raining
IT - Night / Starry
PL - Dawn / Misty ~ light fog
PV - Morning / Light fog ~ clearing
IL - Noon / Partly cloudy
MV - Afternoon / Scattered clouds
AS - Afternoon / Scorching sun
SU - Dusk / Pretty clouds

This would make the game take about 1.25 days I guess. :yum: The only thing I'm not comfortable with in this last version is how long the second "afternoon" is stretched out, to allow for machf's scorching sun while ascending Mt. Watson. If we somehow disregarded that, MV (for those who haven't seen, this ("Mayan Village") is what tatu and I have renamed the first Ascent level so that all levels can have only 2 characters) could get the scorching sun, AS could be at dawn and SU could be at night.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I see you keep switching JR and IJ around...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

For some reason he believes your short convo with him in the Ops forum somehow proves that IJ came before JU.

And Draco, you are too young in the Trespasser scene to remember the InGenNET Site B Explorer that labeled the Plantation House as Muldoon's House :P
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Draco, how are you deciding the weather for these levels? Seems completely arbitrary.
hppav wrote:And Draco, you are too young in the Trespasser scene to remember the InGenNET Site B Explorer that labeled the Plantation House as Muldoon's House :P
Oh, I remember that.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Still online:
http://siteb.freeservers.com/SiteB/Sorna/siteb.htm

Interestingly, it showed what appears to be the PH location from before the level was discarded...
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

That site uses scripts in it's ads that sometimes tries to download spyware. I have a backup of it that I made removing all scripts from the pages on my computer.

Here's the actual text used on the InGenNET Site: B Explorer:
The plantation house
Also known as the house of Robert Muldoon.
It decayed over the years and appears to be a ruin.
Heading towards a tropical valley the inhabitants had a great view.
As you stand still and look at the house, you might present a great meal for other
species on the island, in this case for the clever jungle-Raptor.
I'm just going to bet this person's primary language isn't English, it comes off a bit clunky in its execution :P
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I wonder who made it, and what it was based upon... you'll notice the name of the map image is "beta.jpg".
I also wonder if the term "Gallimimus Plains" was based upon seeing "GP" for "Geothemal Plant" somewhere...