Tres: Reloaded - IT

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Tres: Reloaded - IT

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote: TBH, we might want a vote on the shoulder pieces.. they might seem kind of ugly to some people, and I don't think they're in the movie.
Actually, they were...
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/The_Lost ... assic_Park
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oye, that's hard to see, but I can just barely make it out... A useful link, also, thankee.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

machf wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote: TBH, we might want a vote on the shoulder pieces.. they might seem kind of ugly to some people, and I don't think they're in the movie.
Actually, they were...
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/The_Lost ... assic_Park
I've tested out that version of the weapon. In fact I even put a couple in my Labyrinth level. (The one at the entrance was removed and replaced by a Belle Shotgun or whatever its called.) They are hidden in the level in some places.

That version of the Landstradt Rifle, or however its spelled, is heavily broken. I'm not talking about broken as in functioning improperly. I'm Talking about broken as in its default T-Script attributes, or whatever they are, make it extremely over powered. Its so over powered that it can kill by just touching a dinosaur with any part of the actual weapon.

If it is going to be included, then it needs to be severely powered down from its current state. Otherwise its pretty much rape to any dinosaur that comes into contact with it.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

glitchhunter09 wrote:If it is going to be included, then it needs to be severely powered down from its current state. Otherwise its pretty much rape to any dinosaur that comes into contact with it.
We know all of that, they were talking about the model itself, not the script associated to it. The script of the stockless rifle will probably be used, unless the entire health/damage system will will be changed in the reload.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

glitchhunter09 wrote: That version of the Landstradt Rifle, or however its spelled, is heavily broken. I'm not talking about broken as in functioning improperly. I'm Talking about broken as in its default T-Script attributes, or whatever they are, make it extremely over powered. Its so over powered that it can kill by just touching a dinosaur with any part of the actual weapon.

If it is going to be included, then it needs to be severely powered down from its current state. Otherwise its pretty much rape to any dinosaur that comes into contact with it.
That's the point. Here's the dialogue in the movie about it:
The Lost World wrote:EDDIE: Lindstradt air rifle. Fires a subsonic Fluger impact-delivery dart. I've loaded it with the enhanced venom of Conus purpurascens, the South Sea cone shell. Most powerful neurotoxin in the world. Acts within a two-thousandth of a second which is faster than the nerve-conduction velocity. The animal's down before it feels the, uh, *pop* prick of the dart.

IAN: Is there an antidote?

EDDIE: What? You mean if you shot yourself in the foot? Don't do that. You'd be dead before you even realized you had an accident.
Instant One Shot Kill. If the gun does that, it's not broken. That's the way the movie says it's supposed to be. The fact that the gun causes damage via simple contact would be what needs to be addressed.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah, we'll go through all that junk, don't worry... And as Nick points out, we're not even sure if the same damage system will be kept, but I'm not going to change it any more than it would need to be for basic implementation of new HP mechanics.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

hppav wrote:
glitchhunter09 wrote: That version of the Landstradt Rifle, or however its spelled, is heavily broken. I'm not talking about broken as in functioning improperly. I'm Talking about broken as in its default T-Script attributes, or whatever they are, make it extremely over powered. Its so over powered that it can kill by just touching a dinosaur with any part of the actual weapon.

That's the point. Here's the dialogue in the movie about it:
The Lost World wrote:EDDIE: Lindstradt air rifle. Fires a subsonic Fluger impact-delivery dart. I've loaded it with the enhanced venom of Conus purpurascens, the South Sea cone shell. Most powerful neurotoxin in the world. Acts within a two-thousandth of a second which is faster than the nerve-conduction velocity. The animal's down before it feels the, uh, *pop* prick of the dart.

IAN: Is there an antidote?

EDDIE: What? You mean if you shot yourself in the foot? Don't do that. You'd be dead before you even realized you had an accident.
Instant One Shot Kill. If the gun does that, it's not broken. That's the way the movie says it's supposed to be. The fact that the gun causes damage via simple contact would be what needs to be addressed.

I was talking about using that version of it as a club I know how it works in the movie but I don't think gently tapping a dinosaur with the gun itself should do anything.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I'm sure there's SOME way to fix it... It's just that I have never done anything with weaponry yet :P
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

You thought this was dead, didn't you? Been working quite a lot the past week, and so far I've combined v015N, v015R and b96, only left is retail. I have not imported most of the triggers and physics yet. And I have not included the dam part either.

I will probably avoid adding dinosaurs to this when I release it, or just adding a few ones to avoid the lag the AI does.

So far no lag in-game as long as the draw distance is put to 0. Here are some images for you from v12.

ImageImageImageImage
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Nice work tatu! :) Looking forward to seeing more.

BTW, the tips of some of those palm trees are blue.

And I appreciate you working on this!
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
tatu

Post by tatu »

awesome24712 wrote:Nice work tatu! :) Looking forward to seeing more.

BTW, the tips of some of those palm trees are blue.

And I appreciate you working on this!
Thank you!

Yes I know about the palms, it will be fixed later on. :)

Glad you like it!
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Wow, looks great! :mrgreen:
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Looks to be shaping up quite nicely. Despite the fact that half of the stuff they were planning was never implemented, the Town has always been a place I've loved in Trespasser.
tatu

Post by tatu »

My plan is that this level can replace the town level from b116 when I'm done. I will probably turn what they left of Plains into it's own level since I won't include that part in this. Been making some great progress fixing most foliage, and creating physics for objects that didn't have any. I'm also planning on using some of the triggers Draco made for drawers so you can open them without the physics get messed up (see JPDS~Testing for that).

I have a question. When I import anything that use animation, keypads, the map in Hammond's office or the control thing in the Ops building, the level crash when I load the level in-game. I have imported the physics that contains the animated textures and the triggers. The only one that doesn't make the level crash the the key-card readers. The level crash even if I only import the keypad buttons for the security door. Any clue why and how to fix it?

Any suggestion what you want me to fix are welcome. I will not however add any new puzzles or objects that doesn't belong to the town. And I will not add new objects to buildings other than what found in the versions we have. I want this to be as close looking as it can to be "official". But if you remember any bugs or things you thing should be fixed. :)
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

tatu wrote:I have a question. When I import anything that use animation, keypads, the map in Hammond's office or the control thing in the Ops building, the level crash when I load the level in-game. I have imported the physics that contains the animated textures and the triggers. The only one that doesn't make the level crash the the key-card readers. The level crash even if I only import the keypad buttons for the security door. Any clue why and how to fix it?
My guess is that it's an issue with the scripts, undetectable by GeomAdd (unfortunately). :( The only thing I could suggest would be going through the scripts one-by-one.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]