Tres: Reloaded - SUM

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Tres: Reloaded - SUM

Post by RexHunter99 »

But InGen picking her up makes no sense, it was the US Coast Guard or navy or something that received her call, they'd send in a Huey to pick her up or something, not requisition an InGen corporate chopper from god knows where. Heck they could send a LittleBird or something to pick her up, as long as it makes sense.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Wait, that's what they want it for?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

machf wrote:Wait, that's what they want it for?
Yeah it's for the summit ending. Anne reaches the Coastgaurd on that radio doesn't she?>
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yup. I'd expect maybe a U.S. Navy UH-60 or something like that...
EDIT: apaprently, the Navy has the SH-60 and the Coast Guard has the HH-60...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

machf wrote:Yup. I'd expect maybe a U.S. Navy UH-60 or something like that...
EDIT: apaprently, the Navy has the SH-60 and the Coast Guard has the HH-60...
Let's send in a stripped down UH-60 then :D
EpicZen
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Here in all its glory:
I'd like to see that one...
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

You know, if we made the entire scene after Anne falls down the other side of the fence, all a cutscene, it'd be awesome to have new raptors leap up over the fence (having climbed up during the fight with the big one) and chase her to the helicopter, the coast guard inside beckoning her on as she sprints the last few metres to freedom.
EpicZen
Predator_X
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Predator_X »

that boss raptor skin is really scary it's eyes made me go ASDFGHJKL *poops pants*
mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

I just registered to say, I'm amazed how a game with about 50_000 sold copies can have such a long living community comparably to much more successful games. But probably it is exactly that "what could have been" feel the game has, the potential, and the thrill of adventure to discover a hidden valley, a lost level, disabled AI and other settings that keeps players coming back to it.
To be honest, I just downloaded it via P2P with some other "underdogs", like TerraNova: Strike Force Centauri. That was another innovative game with vast open landscapes and complicated interface :D . Now that I think about it's release in 1996 and compare it with Trespasser, which was supposed to show up in 1997 (?) I looks more like there are 10 years of technological advancements in between. (Buildings were boxes, characters and trees made of repetitive sprites.)
Maybe I should have a look at Baldur's Gate, too. Many swear by it.
I wish you best of luck with TS: Reloaded and am looking forward to the CryEngine projects that aim to reinterpret the game. Reinterpret, since it's not possible to just copy the content over to a modern engine. Many expectations have changed, since 1998. You can see how the Half-Life remake "Black Mesa" had to change quite a few objects to make them appear more realistic. Trespasser has quite a few WTF level design moments as well, like this rotating board in Ascent to cross a gap in the road or the Cray computer boot sequence which makes you run zig-zag touching colored lights like you were playing "DanceStar", just to open a holding pen outdoors. If TS: Reloaded is going to include that Pine Valley level though, I think that's enough added realism to the original engine.
████████████▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕   12.3%
template<class X> class CMicrosoftsCompilerIsBuggyAndWeHateIt (WorldDBase.cpp, #45)
BUGBUG: This shit needs to be replaced once we have a file abstraction layer (supportfn.cpp, #368)
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon
Antispam: No

Post by awesome24712 »

Welcome to ze forums, mi amigo. :)
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]